It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just heard that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was cancelled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Just two weeks after promising signs of life from creative studio GSC Game World, it looks like post-nuclear horror FPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is dead for good this time. But that doesn't mean that fans of GSC's creepy Eastern Bloc survival shooting won't have anything to play. In a series of Facebook posts unveiling, former members of GSC announced the formation of new studio Vostok Games and revealed art from new title Survivarium. They also that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is essentially cancelled as an agreement with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. rights holders couldn't be reached. Survivarium is described as a massively multiplayer, free-to-play first-person shooter, which happens in a post-apocalyptic universe where nature is reclaiming urban centers. And you should really watch the diary video above, which talks about the tensions the team faced and shows off quick glimpses of the game in development.

Just heard this sad story it was trully a really franchise, the saddest part is i believe this is because of silly interests of mr. Sergei Grigorovich ( Director of GSC) talks were made about selling the rights to bethesda... if he can sell to bethesda he could sell to vostok, anyways just wanted to share a sad sorrow from a gamer to another

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Noooo!!
I loved that series! I'm going to go weep in a corner now....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by baraka

if he can sell to bethesda he could sell to vostok, anyways just wanted to share a sad sorrow from a gamer to another

Bethesda kinda has a stranglehold on those post apocalyptic type roaming games. In fact, they nailed it, even with the problems with rage, fallout 3 & new vegas, still much better in my opinion that stalker 1 was.

It makes sense to sell the IP to a company best suited to actually produce the next game and do it justice.

As well, I've heard rumblings that bethesda wants to create a massive online post apocalyptic type game, think fallout but online.

This could play into that, instead of making a MMO out of fallout, buy up stalker, which is arguably a very similar style, and create your MMO out of that, saving yourself from epic fail if the game is a dud.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Bethesda kinda has a stranglehold on those post apocalyptic type roaming games. In fact, they nailed it, even with the problems with rage, fallout 3 & new vegas, still much better in my opinion that stalker 1 was.

i agree with u at some point and i would add bethesda has the funds to buy stalker franchise plus buy all the old developers of the game (they keep saying that they are really sad to be apart of that project and i feel sad for them because they were really committed ) and continue the adventures in the "zone"

no more "get out of here stalker"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is sad news indeed. I LOVED the STALKER series and the immersion it offered. One thing I adored about STALKER was it's superior graphics engine that looked absolutely amazing whether you were outside, underground or in a building trying to complete a mission. The lighting effects of the X-Ray engine were phenomenal, MUCH more detailed than ANYTHING Bethesda has ever offered in any of their post apocalyptic games. When I play New Vegas I feel like I am playing a fantastic game with it's storyline, adventures, physics engine, etc, but it's graphics engine seems to be stuck in the year 2005

STALKER was way head of it's time.

top topics

join