It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost in Translation [MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
“Sir! Sir!” shouted Zorg, sliding forward quickly. “We have decoded the message. They are waiting for you in the conference room.”

Borak nodded gravely and squared his leathery shoulders. He walked calmly down the corridor, ignoring the incredible views of the Milky Way framed in each window. Outside the conference room he paused, took a deep breath, then pushed open the door and entered.

Inside, several of his comrades waited, perched on lilac stools that swayed ever so slightly. Upon his entrance, they leaped to their feet and stood at attention. Behind him, he heard Zorg slip into the room.

Borak slowly took his seat at the head of the table. He coolly nodded at everyone, and then turned his attention to Spurk. “Your report, please?”

Spurk took a deep breath and spoke. “At 0800 yesterday we received the same transmission as before, this time from sixteen different satellites. We contacted our sources on the ground and they all agree, the message is being repeated in every major country.”

Borak studied his tentacles. “And the message?” he asked.

“We’re mad as hell, and we’re not going to take it anymore.”

Borak glanced up, surprised. “Do we know what it means?”

“I can answer that, sir,” announced Zorg eagerly. “We’ve translated it, and there’s no doubt about our results. Apparently the Earthlings are angry and do not want our help anymore.”

Borak was astounded. “Are you sure?” he asked those gathered. They all nodded gravely.

“There are signs everywhere,” Spurk explained. “The ongoing protests in several major countries, the Occupy movement, the wars, even our source ATS is buzzing with the phrase. It’s practically universal. Apparently the Earthlings understand December is the time for transition, and they don’t want to change. Hence the message.”

Borak frowned, lost in thought. After several minutes he sighed and pushed back from the table. “If that is their choice, then we must honor it. They are sentient, after all, and entitled to make their own destiny.” He ignored the grumbles of dissent and turned to Zorg. “Tell the engine room we’re going back home,” he said.

“But the asteroid, and the planetary axis tilt, and the changing weather patterns, and…”

Borak interrupted him harshly. “It’s what they want,” he said. “Never fear, Zorg,” he said, more gently. Those that survive will be in contact again….eventually.”

As the great ship turned, Borak solemnly saluted the tiny blue planet in the window. “Good luck,” he whispered, and then the speck was gone.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I love the irony in this story.

Please continue to the part about how the world ends as we know it, and the consequence of refusing help from beings more advanced, experienced, and wise than us.

I want to see your rendition of the absolute horror and despair as the Earthlings realize their disastrous mistake. I love wake up calls...especially one so desperately needed as this.

I know, I sound savage...but there's really nothing more satisfying in a world of political idiots, than reading a story where people actually learn from their mistakes. It'll be like sweet candy to know that readers of ATS will see what this world potentially faces...what I hope it faces.

If we don't progress from this barbaric nature, a complete reboot of the whole planet is a must. And really, global destruction would get the job done.
edit on CThursdaypm040417f17America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is the best one I've seen from you yet, loved the premise of it, real outside-the-box creativity

Well done, S&F

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

BRAVO!! I agree this is the best one you have done yet! (You stole my theme!)

S&F......... again!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

BRAVO!! I agree this is the best one you have done yet! (You stole my theme!)

S&F......... again!

Great minds think alike..... I actually don't like this one. The premise is good, but the attempts to imply "alienness" feel contrived and detract from the story. It needs a lot of work.....

So make yours better!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm really enjoying how many creative twists people are coming up with in this contest and yours no less so, "we're not going to take it any more"... little did we know we would be rejecting the much needed alien help.. clever & trippy..

Peace,
-TF
edit on 5-5-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Nicely done. I really enjoyed it.

S&F

top topics

join