It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has a nucear weapon already...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

...according to Cameron at least.

Of course, the only country with nukes in the region is Israel.

What does Cameron think of that?

...Not a lot it seems, just ignore it and keep pulgging the Iran threat!

edit on 3-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I suspect it was just a gaffe .. Bush made his fair share in his time..

I do agree with his stance in the second video though.. Iran's rhetoric alone is enough for me to not want them having a nuke.. and I suspect if they did have one already, they'd be trying to use it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm sure they've bought one....

I remember seeing a documentary on how easy it was to purchase such a device.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Small ones, I'm sure... buying a full scale nuclear weapon ready to attach to a missile is probably a different story.. but I'm sure they could buy one from North Korea .. if they haven't already.. or pehaps their buddy russia
edit on 5/3/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
strange this comes the day Russia threatens a strike if the US goes ahead with the defense shield.. I think this one is definitely smoke and mirrors. They just want something additional to say about why they "need" this shield.www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Small ones, I'm sure... buying a full scale nuclear weapon ready to attach to a missile is probably a different story.. but I'm sure they could buy one from North Korea .. if they haven't already.. or pehaps their buddy russia

Well there supposedly was, some years back, a country running around trying to sell jerichos. Who knows if they ever sold any to any nation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I suspect it was just a gaffe .. Bush made his fair share in his time..

I do agree with his stance in the second video though.. Iran's rhetoric alone is enough for me to not want them having a nuke.. and I suspect if they did have one already, they'd be trying to use it.

That's just it. Iran never said they wanted to wipe Israel from the map.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That's just it. Iran never said they wanted to wipe Israel from the map.

Forget it pal. Fox news said it, it has to be true, it doesn't matter how many times people post a DIRECT farsi to english translation, showing the exact wording, as well as the fact that it was a quote from another, far older, speech. It simply doesn't matter. no one is listening. the war drums are too loud.

See I love it, "the rhetoric" what rhetoric?

When they say they will defend themselves if attacked? Because that's all they've said.

Is it when they attempted to bend over backwards with relation to uranium enrichment, even willing to send it off to a neutral 3rd party for enrichment and the US questioned the sincerity of the offer?

Or maybe, just maybe, it's when they called a spade a spade, and had the audacity to suggest, that maybe, just maybe, Israel has a hand in a lot of the unrest in the region, Israel is the country destabilizing the region, and that if they continue along the current path, will simply not stand the test of time.

The road Israel is on right now is a dead end, if you can't see that, you are completely blinded.

See, that's what this is about. It's not about oil, there is plenty of oil just here in north America to keep us all going for a few hundred years. It's not about protecting "us" from "them". They haven't attacked anyone, they haven't invaded anyone, and most importantly, the actual government of Iran (not the fanatical clerics and crap) has never threatened anyone.

But they refuse to toe the line when it comes to Israel. They refuse to sugar coat what they see as truth. That Israel is constantly provoking conflict in the region. Israel is constantly and flagrantly ignoring international law. It is Israel that is constantly grabbing up more and more land in the area.

Even if you support Israel 100%, you can't be so thick as to see that this can not continue. You can not antagonize all of our neighbors, you can't oppress a people with racist policies, and expect it to work forever. Israel is doomed, Iran knows this, and said it.

For those of you who didn't bother to check that statement.... He said the zionist regime occupying the land (Israel) would fade with the sands of time. (or to that effect). Fact remains, he never said wiped, never said map, and unless you read the american translation, said nothing at all that could be taken out of context.

Hell, that single event has been thoroughly debunked here at ats.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree that IF Iran has a nuke already, then they have purchased it instead of developing it themselves. I wonder what those, who continue to say Iran is a threat to world peace, will say IF Iran has nukes, but they only use them if Israel or the US invades or attacks Iran...So basically what if they do have them, but choose not to use them unless attacked, and we learn this because they are attacked?

How does Iran look in that situation? I suppose if they are saying they are developing nuclear technology only for power, which is a different undertaking from developing nuclear weapons, and they purchased nukes instead, they aren't really lying...I just think that IF they wanted nukes, they would have them already. They wouldn't need to develop them from scratch. And IF they wanted certain terrorist groups to have nukes, they could have procured some for them already.

I truly am more worried about Israel than I am Iran. Iran is not a "good" country by any stretch of the imagination, but they are not going to launch an attack on any other nation in the near future in my opinion. Israel, on the other hand, just might. And the worst part of that would be that other countries will be drug into the fighting because of Israel's actions. On the surface Israel seems the more "tame" nation, but once you look at what is really going on, they are just as barbaric, if not more so, than those they are condemning.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
do you know who else has nuclear weapons...

pakistan

yes, pakistan

and you know who else?

Israel

yes, israel

and who else?

Iran

Iran is not stupid enough to NOT acquire nuclear weapons.

The US is sick and tired of being the only country to ever use nukes on someone, so now they are levelling the playground by interconnecting all the nuclear states in a global web; when one string is broken it sends shock waves throughout the web. When there is conflict, all the nuke keepers will be dragged in it when the web collapses, and they will eventually use their nukes, and so the US will no longer be the only state to use nuclear weapons on someone.

edit on 3/5/2012 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

If you are being serious I am not sure I understand, could you clearly explain your ideas? sorry I am getting webs in my brain!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The difference is......Israel has proved to the world they can be "responsible" with nuclear weapons. Think about it. They have had over 10,000 rockets shot into their country over the last 10 years from their enemies. Yet they fought a conventional war 1 time back in 2006 when they had enough of the rockets killing their citizens. They didn't use one nuke.

Iran on the other hand spews hate all the time towards Israel. Their president even makes speeches at the UN that Iran wants to wipe Israel off of the map. I do not think that Iran should posses a nuke either. If they do not have the means to "deliver" it, then they will find someone who can do it for them. Just my take on the situation. I am erring on the side of caution with this one.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What do you mean "small ones"? They harder to make/obtain than the larger ones!
Iran was reported to have purchased 2 nukes from Kazahkstan back in the very early 90's.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"Last week, Mathew Nasuti, a former U.S. Air Force captain who was at one point hired by the State Department as an adviser to one of its provincial reconstruction teams in Iraq, said that in March 2008, during a briefing on Iran at the State Department, the department’s Middle East expert told the group that it was “common knowledge” that Iran had acquired tactical nuclear weapons from one or more of the former Soviet republics.

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, an experienced intelligence officer and recipient of a Bronze Star, told me that his sources say Iran has two workable nuclear warheads."

www.washingtontimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join