It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shield Happens: Russia readies the rockets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

As Washington continues to reject Russia's offer of cooperation on a European missile defense system, Moscow, which continues to push for a diplomatic solution to the standoff, has vowed to beef up defenses. To talk more on the Russia and America's dialogue on missile defence is the Paris-based political analyst - John Laughland.

Amazing how US wants help from all these European countries like Poland and Czechoslovakia to station their missile shield outposts, which are to protect them from an Iranian or rouge nation missile threat.... yet Russia WANTS to help and provide money and assistance but the U.S won't bargain, even though they swear it's not provocative against Russia....................

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Amazing how US wants help from all these European countries like Poland and Czechoslovakia to station their missile shield outposts, which are to protect them from an Iranian or rouge nation missile threat.... yet Russia WANTS to help and provide money and assistance but the U.S won't bargain, even though they swear it's not provocative against Russia....................

Maybe the US and allies feel questionable about Russia & Iran activities?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Russia historically opposed the missile defense system and even threatened the US if it tried to build it .. so I can fully understand skepticism at their offer.. not only that.. but let's not forget that Russia was a former enemy and ties have never been "strong" .. having them involved in the missile defense system is a potential hole that they could fire right through..

And of course, Russia is chummy with Iran... that's another reason why they probably don't want them involved in the defense plans.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

We all know the missile defense shield has more to do with defense against Russia and China than it does against Iran or N. Korea but we would destroy all lines of communication if US openly proclaimed that; that would be very provacative, no?

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when these types of decisions are made!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Regardless of what parties say in public. America still considers Russia a enemy and vice versa. America won't say it out loud, but of course the shield is to protect them from Russia too. Not so much as a nationstate but more rogue and break-away republics in Russia. Russia has a very loose grip on their own Nuclear Arsenal. America and it's allies would be foolish not to seek a defense to said threat.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I can't view the video, but I have been following this story for some months. Russia merely asked for legal documents that state 0america can not use the missles against Russia, not a harsh request as Russia have found them selves surrounded by the US missiles. As for Russia wanting to get them selves involved, my research has lead me to believe there is a space programme between the US and Russia that is on line regarding the missile defence. As Anerica have rejected the terms laid down by Russia, this joint space programme is also on the verge of being discarded, something Russia is bothered by.

Don't ask me why this space programme is so important to Russia, as I've yet to uncover thr true nature of it...one can only speculate the purpose.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Honestly I don't understand why we wouldn't want to align with Russia more when it comes to Missle Defense. I am in fact further surpised that the Star Wars Program hasn't been revamped. Not because of nuclear threat from Russia and other countries, but more because of a more galatic problem ie. Near Earth Objects.

I have ofen wondered if all this positioning is because they are wanting to hide something more dangerous from us such as a large Asteroid that may be due to hit the Earth at some point in the future, and I am not talking about the small one of recent. I am talking of a ELE class. I think one thing we can all agree on is that our government would rather hide something like that from us then to tell us oh by the way if we don't figure something out we are all going to die. Let's face it we aren't gonna be watching a real life version of Space Cowboys or Armageddon
They wouldn't tell us anything until it was time to bend over and kiss your a## goodbye.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Yea, actually you raise a good point, have u noticed on RT news they keep showing an asteroid collision with earth on their little break segments?? With a caption saying time is running out or some sort...I looked it up last month and it was about the asteroid that NASA have predicted will pass us by 17,000 space miles...RT caused some contraversy by stating that's only a rough guess by NASA and it could very well hit us.

I did know thw name of it and the actual details last month but mine mind is like a civ lol

Sorry for typos I'm on me phone

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
In 1985 then President Reagan personally invited the President of Russian Gorbachev to join us in the Strategic Defense Initiative ("Star Wars"). Gorbachev declined. He had more basic problems at home.) The SDI was a amazing, costly plan officially billed to counter Russian abilities to attack us and then Reagan asks Russia to join us? Since that time, I'[ve not taken seriously any news that tends to portrays the Russians as our enemies and give more credence to the suggestion that the SDI was intended as the initial steps for the US to mount its Space Force as the ultimate deterrent to any emerging belligerent country and/or as a possible first shield to protect Earth from an alien invasion.

I believe that this mock fight works both ways. They probably want their own network of missiles they point in any direction, especially south without having to call up NATO for permission to touch one off. And if we we and NATO were to THEN join Russia in a fight, there would be maybe not double, but more rockets at the ready than if we had joined together. This is all a game being played on the southern boys (and us)

You can bet that the folks down south of Russia and envions have already plotted the range capabilities of the Russian rocket arsenal in addition to the NATO weapons and found the results disquieting.

new topics

top topics

join