It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked U.S. Army Document Outlines Plan For Re-Education Camps In America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64COur government may not necessarily have morals or ethics - but it does have law.

Your entire point is moot because they can change the laws and the operating procedures to fit their needs. Or just change the definition of enemy to include US citizens.

This is some scary stuff if true.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
What people who buy into this nonsense keep forgetting is that the soldiers have families too.

There is no way the troops would ever go along with something like this, their first concern in a national emergency will be to their families.

Nazi's had families too.

Soldiers are conditioned to follow orders.

If they don'f follow orders they'll end up in the camps they're supposed to be running.

It's amazing what a human will do to protect their own interests and stay safe.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Your entire point is moot because they can change the laws and the operating procedures to fit their needs. Or just change the definition of enemy to include US citizens.

No, "they" can't.

I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. The Constitution lays out how laws are to be changed in the U.S. It also establishes the responsibility of government and the right of people to establish a government that suits their needs.

While many people in the military may not be able to express that nearly as eloquently as I; they hold similar beliefs.

You forget that the government has no real power. All of their power is implied and reliant upon the compliance of individuals. The chain of command is going to be a very hard sell on the whole: "go round up the family of your girlfriend and the friends of you cousins" idea. It would be almost impossible to work past the Joint Chiefs. Let alone down to the Fleet/Squadron level officer ranks - who would have to then convince thousands of enlisted with friends and family scattered all across the nation.

It's simply not realistic.

Want to look at government re-education camps... look at all those schools that are supposed to be run by the states but are propped up by national funding tied to nationally established education guidelines.

No scary men in uniforms necessary. You send your kids to school so they can earn good grades - else they won't look very good as they whore themselves out for job placement.

I'm being a little melodramatic - but our society is already brainwashed into believing government sponsored education is not only a good thing - but an essential thing for a successful life.

Which - don't get me wrong - education of some form is essential to the advancement of any person's abilities... but the fixation upon government involvement in the issue is a troublesome concept to me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Nazi's had families too.

Who, typically, weren't Jewish.

Soldiers are conditioned to follow orders.

I used to think that, too. Then I got into the military. Now, I'm an E-5; and spend a considerable amount of time ensuring people followed basic orders... like picking up the trash - updating their emergency contact information - showing up to work on time.

Getting people below me to go around to round people up is going to require considerable devotion on my part... to something I don't think is a good idea.

If they don'f follow orders they'll end up in the camps they're supposed to be running.

As one of the people who would be tasked with setting up and guarding these camps... I can say that the overwhelming majority of us would find this notion humorous.

Put us in the camps? No. We'll be putting them in the camps. We have half a mind to as things stand, currently.... and that's just because they listen to the good idea fairy far too often.

It's amazing what a human will do to protect their own interests and stay safe.

I'll put it to you this way: There are not enough people in the military who would follow the type of order you describe to be capable of intimidating me... or any of the individuals in my line of work (currently expeditionary security).

A lot of our officers in this command are former enlisted who held the same position. They'll tell the authority issuing such an order to go get bent.... because they know that's exactly what we would tell them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join