Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Paul Officially Has Been Qualified For Nomination!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Could some explain what this all means for those that do not understand the US voting system

It means that he game isn't over like the RNC was hoping, I don't believe that they will give paul the nomination yet they will not be able to hide the crap they have to pull..

There was another thread earlier saying the US is preparing for civil war..... Ron Pauls hundreds of thousands supporters are not going to stand for some bullcrap the RNC is going to pull.... people will storm washington.. and all of his supporters becoming the occupy people... this is why the government is terrified

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Another video, one which has not been taken down!

I was just like your avatar while watching that.

With joy.

It has been a long time coming.

Namaste
edit on 2012/5/4 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow thanks ATS!

This is my 5th thread to make it to the front page in 1 month!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
[ou know what I hear from you... "Look guys... as much as I'd like to see america suceed..... it just ain't gonna happen. Americans just don't have the backbone. Its way to late. Heck it was way too late last election. Its over. Sorry."

How about you listen more closely instead of interjecting things. That way you will actually be hearing what is posted. The FACT is that Ron Paul can not win. It simply can not happen. And he's too old to go for it again next time around. IT IS DONE. The Ron Paul dream is over.

Your right.. at least right there at the end... Yes every thing you said was "sorry"

Everything I said was true. It just isn't going to happen.

Why would "you" like to see him in office??

I appreciate his cutting off of 'foriegn aid' and his draw back of troops in unnecessary wars.

Who do you want now?...

None of those who will be listed ... Not obama. Not romney.
Not one of the other unqualified and faceless names.

is this the new romney plan to try and win over RP supporters? LOL

Don't be absurd.

edit on 5/4/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
What this means and all it means right now is that Ron Paul's name will be put in nomination, seconded, and then Paul gets to make a speech.

Im not exaggerating when I say, Dr. Paul's speech could go down in history as one of the greats of all time. No, he's not the best speaker. But with the situation America is in, also the world, the alchemy is right. When are the best speeches given? In times of concern and uncertainty.
If Ron Paul takes the gloves off ànd addresses the people in bluntess and accuracy, it could be something more than special, it could lead a revolution.
edit on 4-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think Ron Paul's role is to expose all the corruption in a way the american people will understand, not actually win the nom. If he wins the nom, TPTB will have him killed. He is a direct threat to the globalists, and that's how they do business. I'm sure RP knows that. That said, I support RP(including financial support) just for his role as exposer. He's done more good for the country than any president in recent memory, that's for sure.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
According to Fox News'

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
So is Justin Beiber going to sing the National Anthem for Romney? If so, Ron Paul should roll up with Immortal Technique....If this is going to be a boxing match then this would be the fight of the century(metaphorically speaking). It would probably get more ratings then the upcoming Mayweather fight...
edit on 4-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

Hahaha Immortal Technique would obliterate them I would love to see that.

Ron Paul's nomination is such great news, it's nice to see that the momentum is still building at an unprecedented scale. They are afraid they are very afraid.

-Alien

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
"Paul is costing the state a lot of credibility," said Bob Haus, a GOP consultant who most recently headed up Texas Gov. Rick Perry's campaign in the state.

How telling is THIS quote? This Bob Haus douche is concerned about the STATE'S credibility rather than what the PEOPLE want. The STATE is in charge here.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OK why is the video taken down?

And why is it taken off of youtube?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
its a good day my friends! RONPAUL2012! to all the paul haters, we have already won! Paul knows its near impossible for TPTB to let him in as POTUS, his goal has always been to get into the convention and speak his piece. the fact that with all odds against the man the people have come together to to get him to the position to address the rnc and the world is all apart of the plan. people helping people, civilized community's that come together for the common good of man world wide. time to take our country back! just look back a few months ago no one thought we would even get this close

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown

Originally posted by signalfire
I realize this is off-topic and severely tinfoil-y, but maybe if I repeat it enough, it will get some traction.

According to his Wikipedia history, Mitt Romney was involved in a fatal car accident while he was a missionary in France. It was said by all concerned that it was not his fault, that a car suddenly veered into his lane and hit his (he was driving) head-on. The wife of the president of the mission died and (here's where it gets interesting) Mitt was declared dead by the policeman on scene who wrote in his passport, "Il est mort", or 'he is dead'. Sargeant Shriver who was ambassador to France at the time was tasked by Romney's father to go to the hospital and find out what was going on, and he found Mitt there, alive but seriously injured. Apparently it took him a year or so to recover.

The other tinfoily part about this is, it has been reported that the technology now exists to create a perfect adult clone of any adult age in a year's time...

I am not a mitt romney fan, but check out his wikipedia page again. it seems you have embellished quite a bit....actually most of what you have said is not on his wiki page. other sources please.

edit on 4-5-2012 by NaptownBrown because: (no reason given)

Interesting, the Wiki page has been edited since I last looked at it; here's a piece from Boston.com (main Boston newspaper about the 'Il est mort' quote:

Chapter 4: A brush with tragedy
At that moment, a Catholic priest in a Mercedes passed a truck at high speed, missed a curve near a post office, and smashed nearly head on into their car. The collision collapsed the front of the Citroën, thrusting the engine into the front seat. Mitt Romney was pinned between the steering column and the driver’s door. He was knocked out and trapped in the bloody wreckage. Romney’s injuries appeared so severe that a police officer who responded to the scene made a grave notation in the young man’s passport: “Il est mort”—“He is dead.”
Granted the 'clone' issue is out there, I'm not sure where I read this, but it was in reference to a claim that GWB had died of a drug overdose sometime before he ran for office in 2000 and was a clone. Somethin' sure was wrong with his mental abilities by that point; the GWB from the 1980s, even after he had been a heavy drinker and probably coke user for years, was still pretty mentally acute; look at his older public appearances. The guy in office was a moron.

What other part am I embellishing, I'll try to find corroboration?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And Ron Paul may have even more delegates than we think. If the GOP "Unit Rule" is enforced he will get all delegates from states he won the majority of delegates. Check it out:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

People really need to start looking up what the unit rule is before they spread false information. The unit rule is the practice of binding all delegates to the candidate that the majority of the delegates are bound. This is not how the delegate process works though. Delegates are bound not based on the other delegates but on the votes of the people they represent. There's also the fact that unbound delegates prevent the unit rule from coming into effect. Then there's also the fact that many delegates are bound via state laws. RNC rules do not supersede state laws. So in conclusion Rule 38 is not applicable.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this odd about the numbers in that clip "Ben Swann Reality Check Half Hour Special" posted by: you-tube user BenSwannRealityCheck / ATS User: ljm19 (earlier in this thread).

Numbers:

REALITYCHECK DELEGATE NUMBERS: (real, actual delegate counts)

Mitt Romney -- 670 delegates
Ron Paul -- 66 delegates
Newt Gingrich & Rick Santorum Delegates combined -- 353 delegates
unbound delegates still up for grabs -- 403 delegates

Take 80% of the combined Newt Gingrich & Rick Santorum delegates (80% of 353 = 282.4)

Take 80% of the unbound delegates still up for grabs (80% of 403 = 322.4),

add them together, then add them to Ron Paul's current 66 delegates, (282.4 + 322.4 + 66 = 670.8)

and you end up with the exact number of delegates Mitt Romney currently holds? (670).

Result = 670.8 (Mitt Romney's current delegate count)

Math: 282.4 + 322.4 + 66 = 670.8

Earlier in this post there is a document about 'vote flipping' / 'voter fraud' that shows a mathematical formula that is being used that contains a lot of maths your average person would likely not be able to follow, but the end result of this formula is that it proceeds from 50% count to 100% count flipping an absolute minimum of 20% (total) of Ron Paul votes over to Mitt Romney...)

80% + 20% = 100% (Most people should be able to understand that little bit)

How often does simple mathematics align that precisely with something that should be based entirely on statistical analysis / game theory / chaos theory?

It should be obvious what the results would be if we flipped 20% of Mitt Romney's votes BACK to Ron Paul based on these 'actual delegate count / numbers'

--Sully.

*Whistles!* Hi! I'm Sully, Nice to meet you ATS.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'll be down here in Tampa supporting all the RP reps...

All I want for Christmas is a Ron Paul nation... been wondering what it would be like to live in a time where the president actually cares, even with the cameras off...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It only becomes brokered if Romney does not get enough delegates voting for him in the first round. Although even then some states bind their delegates for multiple rounds of voting. Just looking at bound delegates Romney is well on his way to hitting the magic 50%+1 number and it is very unlikely he won't reach it. Considering that most unbound delegates are luminaries in the party it's very likely that the vast majority of these 126 votes will be going to Romney as well.

As the States delegates cast votes one state at a time, the chairman can see if bound delegates from that state have abstained. He can then stop the process and kick the whole states delegates out and call up the alternate delegates.
Or he could hear a call to suspend the rules, slam his gavel the ayes win, someone calls for a floor vote, slams gavel again, balloons fall and Romney is the winner.

All you Paul worshippers will be left wondering what happened and Paul will hit the podium, tell you guys to settle down, endorse Romney, who will give the little squirly Dr from Texas his promise of a Cabinet position.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Back in 2008....

Jennifer Sheehan, Legal Counsel for the RNC, plainly stated in a letter to Nancy Lord, Utah National Committeewoman, several weeks before the convention, “[The] RNC does not recognize a state’s binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose.” And, “The national convention allows delegates to vote for the individual of their choice, regardless of whether the person’s name is officially placed into nomination or not.”

utahcountygop.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

They're no longer "state delegates" at the RNC. Each state chooses elects delegates to then become "National delegates"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
reply to post by TinfoilTP

They're no longer "state delegates" at the RNC. Each state chooses elects delegates to then become "National delegates"

They are counted by State in turn, each state's delegates are in their own little place on the floor. Yes they are called national delegates, but they are still organized and vote by state.

When the ballons fall and Romney is the winner, none of this delegate shenanigans is gonna mean squat.

The voters voted, Paul lost, even all the candidates that did better than him quit and you think he is gonna be allowed to have his double standard bearer followers railroad Romney out of winning? hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join