It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican National Committee Resorts to threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It appears that the RNC is getting nervous about the delegates that Ron Paul is collecting in various states and has threatened Nevada with not seating their delegation if their are too many Ron Paul supporting delegates. So...the rules only apply if the outcome is of their liking. Is there any wonder that true conservatives by the droves are leaving the Grand Old Party.

link.

edit on 3-5-2012 by pandora0629 because: stutter

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wouldnt say they are necessarily leaving in droves. Its a matter of the GOP losing touch with its roots and succumbing to corruption. Hence the revolution. A republican vote for Paul is not an exit from the ideals, even though he is technically an independent. The GOP as a whole has become unnervingly radical over the past decade. Many (perhaps not enough still) republicans are currently seeking the middle ground. The situation you are reporting is completely disheartening and embarrassing. Thanks for the thread! s&f

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

You are probably correct...speaking out of outrage and frustration. I have always said that I would vote for Ron Paul in my states Primary and will vote for the eventual nominee in the general, whomever that might be...and probably still will. But these kind of tactics sure push me farther away.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They opened the door for abusing the rules so they are going to get a full dose of everything possible back at them it looks like.

Nevada has a Republican governor, Ron Paul delegate cheating is not going over too well in that State. In states with Democratic governors, they could care less and probably want Ron Paul fanatics to disrupt the GOP as much as possible, they are probably taking great joy in looking the other way.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We are not Ron Paul lunatics!!! We are desperate to make sure that the final nail is not placed in the casket which once was liberty!!!

This is the last step in democracy as we know it. The democracy that is happening in the US right now is no different than what you see in the news for places like Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa.

We are at the eleventh hour of our freedom, that does not make intelligent, educated people fanatics for any candidate, we are crazy because of the loss of liberty and justice of the American way of life being stripped from us through tyranny.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We are not Ron Paul lunatics!!!
we are crazy because of the loss of liberty and justice of the American way of life being stripped from us through tyranny.

That all sounded very fanatical to me. Last time anyone checked the US does not have a tyrant, it is running along under the Constitution as always.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The real conservatives left the party a long time a go!

The party now panders to the super-patriotic mindless meathead male that makes threats when they cannot get what they want by playing by the rules.

So it's no wonder the party has become that which they advertise to.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You certainly fulfill that title placed upon yourself in your avatar based on those statements.

Second line.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the Nevada Ron Paul Campaign reponds to threats by the RNC to not seat Ron Paul heavy delegates according to a report in the Las Vegas Review Journal.

I am unable to post the link...ATS restricted?

edit on 3-5-2012 by pandora0629 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can smell the desperation comming from the Paul opposition.

It reeks of Romney and all those Establishment pricks trying to control the outcome of the election the way they want it to be instead of what the people want.

Not only that, but they are tearing the party apart even more. So in the end- it might be a bittersweet moment.
Because the party could use a good cleansing.

And I will even go as far as to say that the bad guy in the end, will NOT be Paul, for people are not that blind to whom the bad guy really is in this race.

Those that try to change the rules while the game is being played deserve to be out of the game.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you want to see a debate between Mitt and Ron then go to this link and sign the petition. This is one of the best ways to expose the wrong candidate and Americans will be able to easily choose between the two. Being that it will be two people debating, both will have opportunity to present their beliefs and platform right now. Even if you don't want to see another debate, sign the petition to see the GOP go spastic.

www.change.org/petitions/ mitt-romney-debate-ron-paul-houston-tx-on-may-24th-2012

Petition
edit on 5/3/2012 by NoSoup4U because: link is messed up

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm going to ask the same question I've asked a few times now. How exactly is Ron Paul going to change anything when he has an entire Congress against him? At least as a Congressman he can propose new legislation. He won't even be able to do that as President. So realistically speaking, how can he hope to achieve any of his goals?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

For one the same way Clinton Bush and Obama have. Its called executive order. He has already said he would use that power to over ride much of the executive orders that have been put in place that are destroying the country. Another way is if the Ron Paul supporters manage to get him elected Congress will have no other option but to put on their sheeps clothing and go with the flow or get booted out. Most of Congress has only allegiance to money and power. If Ron Paul can win after what has been thrown at him because he has massive support that is the power. This negativity has been thrown at us from the beginning it doesn't work any more.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

But don't Executive Orders go against what Paul preaches? As a staunch Constitutionalist I would think he would be opposed to using something that oversteps the powers given to office in the Constitution. Especially when one of things he's trying to do is limit the powers of the federal government. There's also the fact that Paul supporters have had no problem bashing Obama for his use of Executive Orders.

As for the second part of your post, Obama had a lot of support when he was elected in but has still faced a primarily hostile Congress his entire time in office. If they haven't worried about falling in step with him what makes you think they'd fall in step with Paul. If we go with current projections if Paul actually managed to beat Obama it would be a much smaller margin than Obama beat McCain. So those in Congress could still expect nearly half the population to be against Paul and then with the added bonus of being an incumbent they would have nothing to worry about if they kept things going business as usual.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

He has veto power and wont pass freedom-killing executive orders like obama or romney do/would. When/if, such legislation as the patriot act et. Al. come up for renewal, Paul wont let it happen. Obama and Romney would sign away our constitutional rights with a big fat evil smile on their faces. He also would not Ccntinue to expand the war on terror and would curb our intervention in the affairs of other nations. He would not authorize pre-emptive strikes. He would not put the same cronies who sent this country down you-know-what-creek, i.e. Wall Street Executives and Bankers, in his cabinet.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

One of the first things he will do is to no longer allow the abuse by the fed, this is one very important reason I back him.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by antar
We are not Ron Paul lunatics!!!
we are crazy because of the loss of liberty and justice of the American way of life being stripped from us through tyranny.

That all sounded very fanatical to me. Last time anyone checked the US does not have a tyrant, it is running along under the Constitution as always.

come on man.. read some real history and get a clue

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The only way RP can win is if there are exit tables where people can sign they voted for him.

Otherwise those slot machines are rigged.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
The only way RP can win is if there are exit tables where people can sign they voted for him.

Otherwise those slot machines are rigged.

I actually like this idea! I also like the idea of dipping one of our fingers in a colored dye to show that we voted already too. Like they did in Iraq. This will cut down on the fraud as well. I will do this if it will help correct the system. The dye will last a few days, but the President will last 4 years and his policies could last for 100 years. Ya picking up what I'm layin down?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Do Ron Paul supporters still think the RNC is just going to lie down and let them cause chaos at the convention???

They are fine with unseating an entire state...but you guys think they are just going to allow people to not vote for the bound candidate....good luck with that Paul supporters.

new topics

top topics

join