It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Be King (after the SHTF)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
deleted
edit on 5/3/12 by soulshn because: taking my own advice, sorry.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Lets just say that I agree with 100% establishing a non-violent community. one that aspires to peace, morality and equality, but I also reserve the right to fight in order preserve that ideal and the safety of my community and family.

Reality tells me that peaceful idealists have short and/or painful lives.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

a world inhabited by humankind will be one where a weapon has the last word.

Please think about something. If everyone thinks this, then surely it will come to pass. If everyone thinks the world can be shared in peace, then it will be.

It's self-fulfilling prophecy.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No desire to be king. My desire, in a SHTF scenario, would be to stay hidden from the other nutjob survivors, and just live as comfortably as I can with my wife, and any friends and family who reached us.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I would think to be king of your local community, you need to be able to provide what people need. People need basic necessities, and some luxuries sprinkled in.

I don't plan on being a king. Kings can get their heads chopped off once resources start to diminish. I just want to be a merchant that provides a little here and there.

I plan on stocking up with chocolate, tea, coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and tp by the truckload. At least, that would be if I felt a SHTF scenario would really play out.

A few years ago you would have caught me thinking it was going to happen any week now...I was saving silver...now, I realize the collapse we're witnessing is more like a controlled demolition, and a SHTF scenario is basically being adverted.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Just get on with your life best you can.
edit on 4-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

BellaSabre, thank you for your comments and please rest assured that I share your desire for a peaceful world.

However it is simply not realistic. I don't know if you have children, but if you do, would you let them take candy from strangers, or hitch-hike to school?
I am guessing you would not, and you might begin your warning to your child with the following words "There are bad people out there..."
No amount of positive thinking, moral indignity, self-delusion or even medication will ever change the fact that bad people exist.
In fact ordinary people have the capability to become brutal savages when starving or when there is no longer any form or fear of law.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

sounds fun, but....I think the warlords that emerge out of a SHTF scenario will be eliminated by TPTB.

Just like in the H.G. Wells film, Things To Come

HG Wells was one of the ptb who lusted for the NWO / One World Government, warlords are their no1 foe post collapse...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join