It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we please lose the "Geo-engineering Forum?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

NOW you want to address the issue by removing the very forum discussing it?

PATHETIC....

I read the OP's point very carefully...perhaps others should too.

It was not an idea, suggestion, 'request' to "remove" the forum discussing so-called "chemtrails" --- it was to carve off valid geoengineering discussions where they belong: Away from the silly "chemtrail" nonsense.

In fact, the very 'problem' is the form title, tacitly 'equating' geoengineering and "chemtrails", as if they had anything at all to do with one another.

So, "Fragile Earth" does seem to be very appropriate for geoengineering concerns, and discussions. With "chemtrails" having their own place to hang out, and linger....and spread.

AS TO the threads you've mentioned, by those members? Um....there is a great deal of mistaken assumptions being made, and assertions without merit. And, discussion seems to be stifled, there, because some are so intractable and unable to see the errors in their interpretations.

IN other words, in a huge Opening Post filled with hearsay and circumstantially cobbled together "evidence", there is such a bltizkrieg of false, or misunderstood information to wade through, it is nearly impossible to thoroughly address properly....and any "discussion" suffers, as a result.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Maybe DW has issues with his observation skills because the last time I checked, the Geoengineering forum used to say "Geoengineering and Chemtrails". Now it just says "Geoengineering". Some people you just can't please.

Sorry that it's too late to edit that. Makes you look kind of silly. Some people indeed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not saying what type of trail, but if trails could pull the atmosphere like the special
horns of William Reich to make rain then that is Geo engineering. Although I think
there is a possibility of electric sensitive trails to cause dry areas.

You got me on what ground, Geo, endeavor might save the planet but the people
specific plans are quite not up to the situation.

All the digging and drilling can be left behind with free energy for us and leave undeveloped
countries alone meaning the elite GE and technology cartels hands off thus they wont go
into debt. We have free energy and the rest of the world go back to the American Indian
stage found by Columbus after 1000 years being abandoned after the Fall of Rome 400AD.

Yes that would be outrageous but would rid us of the meddling elite over our lives.

edit on 5/3/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: trails could pull .... corrected sorry it said train ... well perhaps like a train thats it

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am pretty sure chem trails are just what happens when God exhales after rockin' the ganj. I mean, that's some think chalky weed, bro. It just hangs there!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I do not see the logic in your reasoning. You say it's an important topic. But you want the forum removed?

One of the main people making multiple bogus threads in the Geoengineering forum is a debunker.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't see you complaining when a debunker makes a bogus thread.

Maybe if certain debunkers wouldn't flood the forum with bogus threads there wouldn't be so many bogus threads.

So depending on your beliefs about 9/11, aliens and all the other topics should we close those forums too?

Maybe if you actually researched Geoengineering you would learn that chemtrails are not a myth or hoax.
edit on 5/4/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

So depending on your beliefs about 9/11, aliens and all the other topics should we close those forums too?

What if the 9/11 forum was called "Holograms and 9/11?" What if the UFO forum was called "Optical Illusions and UFOs?"

Maybe if you actually researched Geoengineering you would learn that chemtrails are not a myth or hoax.

Maybe if you actually researched contrails, you would realize they have nothing to do with geo-engineering?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Actually you're very very wrong.

Contrails are included in the IPCC reports on climate change.

They need to be included in all models to accurately depict all environmental factors.

You obviously haven't done much research on either topic.

Contrails are man-made clouds

Certain studies for Geoengineering involve altering clouds and also creating man-made clouds.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I have read thousands of pages on geoengineering.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Contrails are included in the IPCC reports on climate change.

They need to be included in all models to accurately depict all environmental factors.

What does that have to do with a conspiracy to poison people by spraying chemicals out of commercial jetliners? You know, chemtrails? You haven't done much research on chemtrails if you don't realize that they are intended to depopulate the Earth by spreading Morgellon's disease.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by assspeaker

No! We must keep the forum. It attracts the lowest common denominator amoug us and keeps them busy displaying their ignorance in a single forum. Better to keep them busy in here than allow them to run rampant and .....oh wait, nevermind. Too late.

There is a reason why places like glp get more clicks....and you can bet your bottom dollar that this place is more than happy with anything that delivers clicks. And, as shown by glp, the most ignorant things get the most clicks.

This is a for profit website. Everything else comes second, including integrity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What does that have to do with a conspiracy to poison people by spraying chemicals out of commercial jetliners? You know, chemtrails? You haven't done much research on chemtrails if you don't realize that they are intended to depopulate the Earth by spreading Morgellon's disease.

You're a reason we obviously still need the forum.

edit on 5/4/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You're a reason we obviously still need the forum.

You're a reason why we need to lose the "geo-engineering" from the forum's title. It should just be called "chemtrails."

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You're a reason why we need to lose the "geo-engineering" from the forum's title. It should just be called "chemtrails."

Dang! You are obtuse!
Now, you're saying you want the forum to be changed from Geoengineering to Chemtrails?

Do you even know what you want? Because now it sounds as though you don't want geoengineering discussed at all. That's not smart. When global leaders are discussing geoengineering and you want to stop the discussions among "average" folks, I have to admit that it sounds as though you have an agenda.

Plus, if I hate it when people wear lime green hats, does that mean that I can draw up a law making it illegal for people to wear lime green hats to suit my own critical tastes? I don't think so.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Now, you're saying you want the forum to be changed from Geoengineering to Chemtrails?

That is what I said in the OP.

Do you even know what you want? Because now it sounds as though you don't want geoengineering discussed at all. That's not smart. When global leaders are discussing geoengineering and you want to stop the discussions among "average" folks, I have to admit that it sounds as though you have an agenda.

Correction; I feel that we urgently need to discuss the pros and cons of geo-engineering with well researched, well thought out and argued posts. We do not need such threads derailed by people spamming photos of contrails in pursuit of their own agenda.

Plus, if I hate it when people wear lime green hats, does that mean that I can draw up a law making it illegal for people to wear lime green hats to suit my own critical tastes? I don't think so.

You seem to think that because you don't like cirrus clouds, you can tell lies about them in an effort to make them illegal.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think I'm going to start a thread calling for the re-naming of the Paranormal Studies section as the Pyschological issues forum.

Because I can't stand what some of the posters come up with, I'll hang around the forum and relentlessly reply to EVERY poster with detailed science, and spout verbatim from my Physics 101 textbook. I will make sure to be condescending, trite, and utterly flabbergasted that ANYONE could entertain the notion of ANYTHING paranormal happening.

I will then wonder in amazement why I may be lambasted with replies from people who refuse to accept my 'undeniable evidence'.

Yes....Yes. This all sounds great.

After 10 straights weeks of around the clock of doing this, I may finally make some progress.

I will then proceed to buy season tickets to my local hockey teams home games but wear the opposing Jersey to EVERY game. Yes that sounds fun. I will Cheer loudly for the opposing team every game.

I will then shout for my local teams disbandment and cheer for relocation to another city.

I'm sure I'll feel confused as to why I won't be welcomed by the other fans though. Heck, what if someone else tells me to get lost. I''ll feel offended. But hey....my local hockey team has a statistically horrendous record. I'm just cheering the FACT that they suck.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Ah.

A perfect example of a "microcosm"? This thread, is? To illuminate the diversity, it does......perhaps, to 'illustrate' the entire site....ermmmm?

Yoda, I am talking like, erm-emmm?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

May the 4th be with you

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I think I'm going to start a thread calling for the re-naming of the Paranormal Studies section as the Pyschological issues forum.

That would be fine with me, but it is not equivalent. "Paranormal" is a neutral term that does not conflate two separate issues. The equivalent forum title might be: "Theology and Ghosts." Get it? The people who want to discuss important issues in doctrine would be frustrated by the folks who derail their threads with blurry photographs taken in old houses.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The equivalent forum title might be: "Theology and Ghosts."

A more accurate equivalent would be "Theology and the Holy Ghost".

It's more like trying to discuss God with a bunch of people constantly derailing the thread saying God doesn't exist.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A more accurate equivalent would be "Theology and the Holy Ghost".

It's more like trying to discuss God with a bunch of people constantly derailing the thread saying God doesn't exist.

That happens anyway. The point is, the title of the forum makes it impossible to discuss geo-engineering seriously.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join