It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we please lose the "Geo-engineering Forum?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Geo-engineering is a serious matter that is now being discussed at the highest level of policy. Some scientists and politicians are so convinced of the case for Anthropogenic Global Warming that they are beginning to consider plans to alter the environment on a planetary scale to maintain what they consider to be an ideal climate. This is alarming for many reasons, and the pros and cons of the situation need to be debated and the public kept informed.

Unfortunately, that is not what is happening on the Geo-engineering Forum. Instead, we get nothing but chemtrail hysteria, propaganda and name calling. Any attempt to guide a thread into a serious discussion of geo-engineering and its implications, both for good and ill, gets sidelined into an argument about chemtrails. Chemtrail "theorists" have adopted the phrase geo-engineering as a code word for chemtrails, and are using the forum to promulgate their usual nonsense. This has the effect of killing intelligent discussion of the real topic of the forum. Here are some notable examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the Mods have done ATS a disservice by equating chemtrails and geo-engineering in the forum's title. If the Mods think that chemtrails are an important topic, they should dedicate the forum to chemtrails and drop the "geo-engineering" from the title. People who are genuinely interested in geo-engineering can then post in the "Fragile Earth" forum where the discussion will remain more focused.

Does anyone else feel this way?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think you are missing the ATS boat.
Most of the posts here are of the chicken little variety. That is to say, people will report anything they read, no matter how insignificant it is, and with no regard to it's factual content.

Because of this, ATS can be one of the best sites in the world for breaking news. Many times, I see news here 3 to five days ahead of the MSM. You just have to weed through the stupid bs.

Instead of killing the forum, why not make an effort to bring science fact into the discussion, and discount the fairy tails.
Just realize these are human beings you are dealing with, so peoples thoughts won't always be logic based.

Good Luck

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You are right, ever since i visited ATS, the term Geo-Engineering(which contains so many other things) turned into just Chemtrail, now i avoid that forum like crazy, have not visited that forum in like 3-4 months.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Dare I say that if you want an intelligent educated debate, ATS is unfortunately no longer the place. Sorry Mods but it's the truth. I still come here but it is more for entertainment value than informative and educative reasons. Intelligent debates are very few and far between.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You can all "lose" a forum if you really want to. On the recent posts page for example you have this option:

Click that small red marker and all threads from that forum will no longer show up for you.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

Instead of killing the forum, why not make an effort to bring science fact into the discussion, and discount the fairy tails.

Believe me, I've tried. Simply trying to distinguish between the contrail phenomenon and genuine geo-engineering proposals is enough to get you called names.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Unfortunately, that is not what is happening on the Geo-engineering Forum. Instead, we get nothing but chemtrail hysteria

Are you really that obtuse?
You've never heard of Global Dimming? Manufactured cirrus clouds?
You do know that geoengineers do admit that contrails can affect the climate, too, right?

Even though you are aware that geoengineering is a central topic, you need to do some more research. If you don't want to talk about Global Dimming or learn about how fake clouds will affect the climate, nobody is forcing you to discuss these topics when you see a thread focusing on this type of geoengineering.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Creating new forums or doing away with old ones is impossible for ATS at the moment!

Well...that is of course given the sheer number of requests...and the amount of action taken!

ATS is perfect the way it is...please finish your tea!

edit on 3-5-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

You can all "lose" a forum if you really want to.

Thank you, but that is not my point; I usually just ignore threads I'm not interested in. My objection is the tacit identification of geo-engineering and chemtrails in the forum's title; it reinforces the chemtrail theorists strategy of using the serious issue of geo-engineering to justify their ill defined theory. Chemtrails have been called biological warfare, neuro-toxins, weather modification and, now, geo-engineering. Chemtrailers rewrite their theory to fit passing fads. As I said in the OP, why not be honest and drop the "geo-engineering" from the chemtrail forum's title?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I believe this thread was Geo-Engineered and should there for be moved to the Geo-Engineering Forum.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Thank you, but that is not my point; I usually just ignore threads I'm not interested in. My objection is the tacit identification of geo-engineering and chemtrails in the forum's title; it reinforces the chemtrail theorists strategy of using the serious issue of geo-engineering to justify their ill defined theory. Chemtrails have been called biological warfare, neuro-toxins, weather modification and, now, geo-engineering. Chemtrailers rewrite their theory to fit passing fads. As I said in the OP, why not be honest and drop the "geo-engineering" from the chemtrail forum's title?

Why don't you just Google tag the ramification data import modules so that the post algorithm resonates at a singular refluxing data subscription and then set the frequencies for RAM and all sub-atomic characters within will turn up a search result that better suits your life-style.

In other words.. The world does not revolve around you...

It revolves around me.

edit on 3-5-2012 by ThisToiletEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you, but that is not my point

You'll notice I wasn't replying to you. I was letting everyone know that if they really don't want to see a forum anymore.. they have the option to remove said option from their view.

Also, In regards to the forums here.. that's an admin issue, not a moderator issue. The moderators are responsible for, well, moderating the boards, not creating forums. You might want to send a PM to one, or write up an alert, so they see this thread here as they'll be able to help a bit more.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

The world does not revolve around you...

I thought it revolved around Masons. Speaking of which, let's get rid of the Secret Societies forum, too. It seems as though "rumors" are the only thing discussed just like the only thing discussed in the Geoengineering forum are "chemtrails".

Maybe DW has issues with his observation skills because the last time I checked, the Geoengineering forum used to say "Geoengineering and Chemtrails". Now it just says "Geoengineering". Some people you just can't please.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

The world does not revolve around you...

I thought it revolved around Masons. Speaking of which, let's get rid of the Secret Societies forum, too. It seems as though "rumors" are the only thing discussed just like the only thing discussed in the Geoengineering forum are "chemtrails".

Maybe DW has issues with his observation skills because the last time I checked, the Geoengineering forum used to say "Geoengineering and Chemtrails". Now it just says "Geoengineering". Some people you just can't please.

We should get rid of the "Dreams and Predictions" forum. Cause I can't stand people that confuse the two of them.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Valid point.
I think ATS needs a forum to discuss getting rid of forums.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I think ATS needs a forum to discuss getting rid of forums.

Brilliant.

I think we should also get rid of Grey Area.
Opens the door too all the nut jobs.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Thank you!

The Grey Area.

Yeah, and what about adding a forum for Hatred and Acute Disgust?
I would think this would make a lot of people happy.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Geo-engineering is a serious matter that is now being discussed at the highest level of policy. Some scientists and politicians are so convinced of the case for Anthropogenic Global Warming that they are beginning to consider plans to alter the environment on a planetary scale to maintain what they consider to be an ideal climate.

So when people said chemtrails were being used to modify the environment you screamed BS

So when people started to try to move away from 'chemtrails' and switch to geo-enginnering you and your 'crew' still scream BS

NOW you say scientists are taking it seriously and its a major issue

NOW you want to address the issue by removing the very forum discussing it?

PATHETIC is all I have to say...

The more evidence presented by Burntheships, pianopraze and other good posters in that thread the louder you guys scream and now your solution is to delete the forum

Talk about embracing ignorance... this is sickening

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some people claim that chemtrails are evidence of geoengineering - and that it's a conspiracy

Some people claim that chemtrail are something else - and that it's a conspiracy

Some people claim that chemtrails are just normal contrails - and calling them chemtrails is a conspiracy.

But most geoengineering has nothing whatsoever to with chemtrails, whatever they may be.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I, too, am humored by the willful ignorance and total rejection of basic science that the 'chemtrail' gangs engage in.
But I cant see any way to stop them. Might as well let em have their sandbox.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join