It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'retains right' to pre-emptive strike on missile shield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Russia 'retains right' to pre-emptive strike on missile shield

rt.com

Russia is ready for a pre-emptive strike on European missile defense systems if the US refuses dialogue, stated Russia’s Chief of General Staff Nikolay Makarov at the Moscow ABM conference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, what can i say

I suppose the question has to be, is this just a "hot air" threat or are the Russians seriously considering the action. I have read in previous reports that Russia does not say anything they are not wiling to carry out.

This provocation by the United States is totally uncalled for IMO and a potential world disaster. We all know those that are in "real" power in the US committed or were complicit in the 9/11 attacks, if they are willing to carry out such an attack then I am sure they are likely to just shrug off the Russian threat.

“Considering the destabilizing nature of the [American] ABM system, namely the creation of an illusion of inflicting a disarming [nuclear] strike with impunity, a decision on pre-emptive deployment of assault weapons could be taken when the situation gets harder,”

Personally, I dont think the Russians are bluffing, there is too much at stake for them.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
beat you to it by 9 minutes... www.abovetopsecret.com...

at least we are thinking the same thing!
And I quite agree with your analysis, Russia has too much to loose right now. And there is no way this is friendly to Russia simply because Iran does not pose the threat Europe is attempting to convince people.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Dayum!!!!!

top topics

join