It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of pre-emptive strike on AMD if NATO goes ahead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

This is great. I'm sure soon all over U.S. news we will see Russia demonized for threatening a 'pre-emptive' strike, even though it's Americas specialty. Remember, it's only wrong when someone else is doing it, the U.S. is always right

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

your logic is flawed .. it's not that the disadvantage of of not being able to launch a first strike on Europe .

It's the disadvantage of having you defensive missiles shot down during a first strike on Russia .

Why Would they Worry ?

Because people like Brzezinski en.wikipedia.org...

Have openly stated in a policy that is still being carried out of encirclement of Russia and China and provoking war between them .

This is Why Ron Paul is so needed today .

The policy of not engaging in Wars of Aggression and recalling the troops will destroy their plans of Empire ..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Nope sorry, the Alaska site has 12 interceptors rockets, positioned to shoot down anything from N. Korea. The planned Poland site was to house 10 interceptors. I'd post links, but since my numbers are "doctored and false"...I won't worry about it.

The B2 has an RCS (thats Radar Cross Section) smaller than a BB. Yes it can be detected, and the S-300 is a problem, but there are countermeasures to that along with timed route selction, they could get well within Russian airspace.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by redoubt

Truly, America is not democratic in reality. Go figure!

No time to argue.

You're right. Its a Republic. Or is supposed to be according to our Constitution. Huge difference between Democracy and a Republic.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
The systems themselves do not concern Russia half as much as the accompanying US military presence in countries hosting them - cough containment cough. The actual utility of these systems relative to the Russian nuclear arsenal is something akin to throwing traffic spikes in front of a tank.

Star, I agree wholeheartedly with that.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have to admit that when I saw this topic stating a pre-emptive strick on AMD my true geekness came out. All I could think was yeah that'll hit where it hurts, take out the only real competition for Intel, a generally less expensive processor for performance and my choice when building machines

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Why?

This is just a DEFENSE system against any attacks from a Country who launch a missile!!

Its not an ATTACK system!!

Its better to be guarded against an attack than not to be ready at all....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Jameela

Why?

This is just a DEFENSE system against any attacks from a Country who launch a missile!!

Its not an ATTACK system!!

Its better to be guarded against an attack than not to be ready at all....

NO, Its a system to neutralise Russia's capability to retaliate after its been attacked.
edit on 3-5-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Im really not sure what to think about this. On one hand, if we have permission from our allies to put the AMD on their land and it is purely defensive, then Russia shouldn't be able to dictate that. However, on the other hand, we (America) is more than capable of putting up a defensive system a few miles off our shores all around our coasts and boarders that could accomplish the same task.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
U.S. "i'm not touching you *taunts"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I didn't think bulldozer was that bad of a CPU

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

As far as I know, Russia have been big bullies in the past before all the Baltic states gained Independence... maybe those states are feeling threatened again!!

But still... no attack or fighting talk is being directed at Russia is it??

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

So your saying it's job is to prevent a 2nd Strike or Retalitory Strike???? I suppose that's probably how the Russians see it. Of course with 10 Rockets, and the Radar in Cezch pointed SE, it won't do much.....

If this thing had 100 or so missiles I might agree.....but 10? It's for the off chance that Iran stacks 2 of it's missiles together with duct tape and sends them to Europe.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am sorry Russia that you are too weak to win any war unless you destroy the entire world.

Why the hell would we not contain Russia? It is a Wild Animal.

Hell , China seems to be more civilized than Russia and that is sad my good sir , sad indeed.

-----------------------------------

Please Russia launch a pre-emptive strike. America doesn't need Nukes to defeat you. We can easily cut all access (majority of it anyway) to foreign supply and trade. We have a much bigger navy , more advanced ships , with a lot more aircraft and a lot more advanced aircraft. With a lot more satellites capable of destroying your satellites and we have a lot more reserve satellites for the few you can actually hit.

We can destroy them without setting foot in their country. Well not destroy them , but make them inoperable.
-------------------------------------

However , if Russia launches a nuke ... then we are all f***ed because for every Nuke you launch we respond with a Nuke and EMP strikes. So not only are we screwed. Pretty much the entire worlds Electrical Grids will be Fried and covered in Radiation.

--------------------------------------

So yeah , it makes complete sense for the country who can beat the country with Nukes without using Nukes to sorround them with a defense shield. The only way Russia can win a war , is through Nuclear Power , and they dont win. We all lose. Everyone.
edit on 3-5-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

WoW. those missiles look scary. Russia is rightfully concerned about its safety,

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

it's not that the disadvantage of of not being able to launch a first strike on Europe . It's the disadvantage of having you defensive missiles shot down during a first strike on Russia . Why Would they Worry ? Because people like Brzezinski en.wikipedia.org... Have openly stated in a policy that is still being carried out of encirclement of Russia and China and provoking war between them .

If we were sitting at a table having a beer and a friendly conversation, I'd look at you with a smile and say 'You're nuts'.

NATO vs. Russia and China? How? What manpower equals china alone?

So, we nuke them? Right. We decimate a large part of the surface of the planet, rendering unfit for habitation (or anything else) for centuries.

NATO evokes a war in which they are hugely outnumbered during a time of economic crisis and civil unrest.

That is about as logical, no matter how thirsty you may be, as drinking water from a toilet in a Greyhound depot.

man, I really wonder about some of the brains running around this website anymore. Are you paid by some organization or political entity to drive home the most ridiculous notions one can conceive?

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be critical but... there is no logic, no common sense behind any of that. It's political and grown in a garden of the silly.

Here's hoping things get better before they get worse in terms of verbal convection, lol.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

With the amount of nuclear weapons Russia has, the Russians don't need to rely on MAD. If they feel threatened and want to bring the world down with them they can simply detonate all of their nukes and sabotage their power plants.

MAD still holds; they can make the world bleed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
reply to post by victor7

Nope sorry, the Alaska site has 12 interceptors rockets, positioned to shoot down anything from N. Korea. The planned Poland site was to house 10 interceptors. I'd post links, but since my numbers are "doctored and false"...I won't worry about it.

The B2 has an RCS (thats Radar Cross Section) smaller than a BB. Yes it can be detected, and the S-300 is a problem, but there are countermeasures to that along with timed route selction, they could get well within Russian airspace.

Do not want to make it a thread of killing the stealth. But here is some more info: In a jamming environment S300 can detect stealth at 20 miles or so. In non jamming environment this ability increases to 150 miles. For S400 these numbers are 60 miles and 400 miles. There are radar gaps within the Russian territory but relevant areas like Moscow and others are well protected by multi-layered mechanisms. US can however get into these radar gaps and drop in special forces in the middle of nowhere in Siberia or far east. Some long trekking!

Btw, B2 has RCS of small golf ball and it is not hidden at all from the infrared seekers. No such plane yet that has a RCS of 1mm of BB gun bullet. Mig 31s fly 24x7 and cover the relevant RF territory on the western side completely. They have power radars and 300 km range AWACS killer missiles. Many other deals at works at the same time. B2 will have to drop several EMP bombs and then within half a minute Russian subs near Cuba will spit out their 'dangerous loads' in the western directions in several hundreds.
edit on 3-5-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
don't worry, america will offer a sweet deal to russia in the one world government, before the pre-emptive/first strike option comes into play.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Mig 31s fly 24-7. That's funny....The average flight time for Russian pilots is less then 24 hours a year.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join