It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of pre-emptive strike on AMD if NATO goes ahead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com

From RT News:

Russia warns it could make a pre-emptive strike against NATO’s anti-missile defense shield planned for Europe – if the US persists in going ahead, ignoring the Kremlin’s opposition. Moscow says the system threatens its national security – and is detailing its concerns at an international conference in the Russian capital – with representatives from over 50 nations. RT’s Anissa Naouai has more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
globalresearch.ca
edit on 3-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
While I see this as political posturing, I do believe Russia is quite serious in wanting to defend herself from anything encroaching on Russian National Security. With US bases closing in across the globe and with many of Russia's allies being attacked in one form or another, she is starting to feel a strong need to defend herself. Such being the case, I put more stock in the threats and political posturing.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hasn't this missile shied detente played out already. Hard to see how without a credible threat of Iranian missiles raining down on Poland Russia could easily accept this. Not when they can't afford the arms race needed to maintain any kind of balance of power.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This could get real interesting real soon,

+32 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is great. I'm sure soon all over U.S. news we will see Russia demonized for threatening a 'pre-emptive' strike, even though it's Americas specialty. Remember, it's only wrong when someone else is doing it, the U.S. is always right

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
This is great. I'm sure soon all over U.S. news we will see Russia demonized for threatening a 'pre-emptive' strike, even though it's Americas specialty. Remember, it's only wrong when someone else is doing it, the U.S. is always right

Lol.. true! Russia will also be accused of trying to spread communism all over the world once again! And just when we thought democracy had won! Evil Russians.

Russia does have every right to be angry, this shield is being blamed on the "Iranian threat" which simply does not exist because Iran does not have that kind of capability (to bomb Europe from afar). The US is simply closing in on Russia, and threatening her ability to defend herself and cutting off all her allies. This is not a good policy. When you back someone into a corner they usually come out fighting.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

While I see this as political posturing, I do believe Russia is quite serious in wanting to defend herself from anything encroaching on Russian National Security.

Yeah exactly, look how well it's worked out for other nations that got surrounded by US or allied bases. Not very well. Then again, don't you kinda miss the 80s in a way? A nice simple red menace to hate on, instead of this fragmented BS now?

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the Russians are right to make this threat. There is no one else who is capable of holding the United States to account for its war crimes.

IMOthe US administration is totally out of control. A bunch of psycho nutcases hell bent on radiating everyone and spreading GM franken foods all over the world.

My god, we are in so much trouble as a species. I honestly also believe that unless there is a military cuop in the USA to restore the constitution then the world is doomed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Jameela

While I see this as political posturing, I do believe Russia is quite serious in wanting to defend herself from anything encroaching on Russian National Security.

Yeah exactly, look how well it's worked out for other nations that got surrounded by US or allied bases. Not very well. Then again, don't you kinda miss the 80s in a way? A nice simple red menace to hate on, instead of this fragmented BS now?

While I was not born in the 80's it would have been nice to have only one threat I am certain, rather than everyone on the planet as a threat!

And it never works well to be surrounded by those hostile to your interests! What would America do I wonder if Russia, China and Iran all made bases in Canada and Mexico? Would they feel safe or would they start fighting? Yet, they get confused when people react in like manner!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I think the Russians are right to make this threat. There is no one else who is capable of holding the United States to account for its war crimes.

IMOthe US administration is totally out of control. A bunch of psycho nutcases hell bent on radiating everyone and spreading GM franken foods all over the world.

My god, we are in so much trouble as a species. I honestly also believe that unless there is a military cuop in the USA to restore the constitution then the world is doomed.

You do not know how much I agree with you. But I think it will take more than Russia alone. China, Russia and Iran teamed up would do it though. And that my friend, is WW3.

I think the Americans need to decide, are they going to wait for WW3? Or are they going to start fixing it now? Because the problem is foreign policy and a government that is running unchecked across the globe.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Like one poster said, it's only wrong if someone else does it.
When the US surrounds other countries, it's ok, we're just here to "protect " you.

This reminds a lot of Cuba in the 60's.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
NATO’s anti-missile defense shield Is the best way to defend your self.
when you attack them Russia.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Def not hot air.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If there is one thing I have learned in my travels, do a sex check on your asian prostitute (cause you never know what your gonna get), and Russians don't bluff.

Russians don't speak out of emotion and they don't let out a load of BS without the ability to back it up. They are the most straight forward and blunt people I have ever dealt with.

If they say they will bomb you if you do that......they bomb you. No matter the guise of democracy in farce that is the Kremlin, they are still very much free enterprise communists at heart. And with King Putin in charge, I guarentee he is going to tighten that noose around the neighboring countries of his old soviet bloc to bring them back in line through old school dependance.

In mother Russia, you don't drive car, car drives you!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Russia's conventional ability now in military is only 20% to what USSR had in 80s. Nuclear missiles are the only parity Russia has with the NATO. So no wonder they are ticked off at the BMDs all around Europe.

I do not know if Russians don't bluff but if they do not do something about the BMDs in a substantial and favorable manner, then Russians would end up bluffing them own selves.

And I would add that it is China that holds the main cards now. Chinese help to Russia, in both diplomatic and military sense is crucial.
edit on 3-5-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

One has to wonder why Russia would choose to make such a threat against a defensive weapon system unless... unless they are upset because they couldn't launch missiles and destroy European cities.

Yes, of course, it falls back on the old Cold War notion of Mutual Assured Destruction; there is security found in the idea that you can kill your neighbors if they decide they want to kill you. But one realistic glance and you find not a single EU nation in any economic or military condition to attack Russia. Moreover, the US is in the same economic boat with antiwar sentiment at home growing constantly. One step beyond that even is the fact that the American military is simply tired from a decade of fighting their never ending war on so-called terrorism.

The conclusion you find is that a defensive shield against ballistic missile attack is in no way a threat to any one, or any nation that doesn't have plans to launch said missiles against Europe.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Ive seen the point of view all to often, people think the USA is somekind of righteous hero, when they are actually the prime bully of all the world empires. Hypocrisy on a level like I have never seen, they always cry "peace, we want peace" but they are the ones picking fights, enabling wars and fueling creed. I am a US citizen, but I no longer boast in that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Herein lies the problem, this is about much more than simply Russia being against a missile defense, as Rick Rozoff explained:

"What we're talking about is a potential jump to the first-strike system," the expert says. "This means that in the event the US or its NATO allies would launch what they would describe as a 'pre-emptive' strike -- but in reality a first strike -- against a nation like Russia, the created missile defense system will work to ensure that any missiles surviving this 'pre-emptive' attack could not threaten retaliation," he explains.

With Russia being surrounded by bases on all sides, with a missile "defense" system in place that would prevent any type of retaliation from a country that has just been attacked, first mind you, by US/NATO, this defense system, when in place and effectively operating, is a serious threat to Russian National Security! It would effectively mean US can attack Russia without threat of any retaliation, and that threat is the only check and balance system in the world today! Without it.. One World Government here we come!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I do believe they are trying to kill off a third of the world's population,so this ,in that particular context, would make sense.
Any two party official will probably do the same thing,as to a coup ,well, they are waiting and so are we,If we fail it will mean the road is clear for the NWO to proceed.
Russia is right on this.We tweaked when missiles were placed in neighboring Cuba,so this is the same thing.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Russia's better chances are in convincing the European nations like Poland, Czech and Turkey of grave consequences of hosting the BMDs of the US/NATO. However, if there is little change on NATO's part then Russia will have to act on its words.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join