It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiftboating of Obama: Rep. group led by Afghan Vet Slams Obama for taking credit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The killing of Osama bin Laden, seen by President Barack Obama’s aides as his biggest advantage in his re-election campaign, is already being used against him in an ad reminiscent of the so-called ‘Swiftboating’ of John Kerry in 2004.

A group called Veterans for a Strong America released the ad, entitled ‘Credit’, in response to an Obama campaign ad featuring President Bill Clinton that asked whether Mitt Romney would have taken the decision to take out the al Qaeda leader. The group is led by Joel Arends, a lawyer who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and who also worked for the Bush campaign in 2000 and the McCain campaign in 2008.

It came after criticism from serving and former US Navy SEALs of Obama’s politicising of the bin Laden on the first anniversary of the SEAL Team Six operation in which he was killed. After the campaign ad was put out, Obama travelled in elaborate secrecy to Afghanistan to deliver a televised address to Americans. He was on the ground for just six hours under cover of darkness during a trip that left taxpayers with a bill of at least $467,000 in Air Force One flight costs alone.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... -ad-reminiscent-John-Kerry-attacks.html

Well, the press can call it what it wants to but the fact of the matter is the ad is SPOT ON. Obama is the biggest liar our country has had and he will pay (politically) for what he has done with the OBL death-and rightfully so.

Say whatever you want to but this guy has got to go. FORWARD!!! As Jay Leno best said...

Obama says FORWARD...my mail after the November election. I sure in heck hope so.

The military has been Obama's whipping post since he has gotten into office. Matter of fact, for all the Dems. Never did I think I would ever see a certain part of our Gov't working so hard to under mind our troops so badly.

Disgusting.
edit on 5/3/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The 'Swiftboaters' were right about John Kerry. They exposed his lies.
The group Veterans for a Strong America are right about Obama. Truth is truth.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

where's the body?? kind of funny, but I kind of think this is all a bunch of nonsense about nothing, since bin laden is probably still alive and well....maybe even living in NYC!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I can't possibly agree more with you on this.

I'm also 100% consistent. When Bush started to move toward using 9/11 in the 2004 campaign I was among those calling foul very hard on that one as well. Some thing need to transcend and stay above politics. I can't think of a better example than this. Not only the men who did this for our nation, but the ones all around who have died in the process of getting to that moment in time. After all, wasn't that what it was all about?

All Obama did was approve something he would have been impeachable for saying no to, given everything considered. Some reports seem to suggest he didn't even want to take this shot. Lets say those are false though, he didn't really have an option here, and this is never material for a campaign glory ad.

Leave the UBL glory stuff for the Presidential Library. That is where every President gets a whole place 100% about them. Until then, it's a national thing, not an Obama OR Bush thing,

edit on 3-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Must be a bunch of younins' on today.... who don't remember the Kerry/Swiftboating matter....

Fact of the matter is that at least Kerry was in Vietnam and on a boat.... he just lied about what he did while on the boat.

With Obama, he's never been in the military, didn't combat fight in either or any war but yet he is trying to sound like a tough guy etc. Taking credit from others who actually did the deed.

I think he would have been much better off bending over backwards praising the members of the armed services that have done what is needed and NOT take credit for things.

And then to say Romney or others wouldn't take the shot etc. He is so full of B.S. his eyes are floating.

I would love to see Obama and one pissed off Navy Seal in a lock cage match!!!!
) One can dream.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What this tells me is that the Republican party feels threatened by the Bin Laden talking point. It basically weakens their "Republicans will keep your children safer from scary foreign boogeymen" message.

Though, saying Romney would be better with defense is a tough sell. He just doesn't have that image. He seems like the type that when things get tough would flee to the country club to enjoy a $200 dinner.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Obama is using his Chicago style Politics,as usual."Spiking the football",in front of all those who worked hard,in capturing Osama,before he was even President.

Even Jimmy Carter would have made the decision,to get Osama. Who is Barry kidding.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I can only state that, had the raid failed...he would have taken the hit for it from the Right.

I cite Operation Eagle Claw...

Operation Eagle Claw was an American military operation ordered by President Jimmy Carter to attempt to put an end to the Iran hostage crisis by rescuing 52 Americans held captive at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran on 24 April 1980. Its failure, and the humiliating public debacle that ensued, damaged American prestige worldwide and is believed by many, including Carter himself, to have played a major role in his defeat in the 1980 presidential election.en.wikipedia.org...

...which all goes to show that y'all can't suck and blow at the same time.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Sums it up....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Fact of the matter is that at least Kerry was in Vietnam and on a boat.... he just lied about what he did while on the boat.

Oh .. it was much more than that. Kerry lied about 'Christmas in Cambodia'. He said it was 'seared into his memory' .. but he wasn't there. Kerry lied about 'Winter Soldier'. The 'veterans' put forward weren't even veterans, etc Kerry dressed up in uniforms that weren't his and had people take 'home war movies' of him wandering around in Vietnam so he could use them for commericals when he ran for office. His three purple hearts and out .... they were barely scratches and one of them was a grain of rice that got embedded in his skin when a grenade went off in a rice paddy next to his boat .. a grenade that Kerry himself threw too close to the boat. A purple heart for a grain of rice and a bandaid??

Really .... there was A LOT to what came out with the swiftboaters ...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It's called being professional... or presidential.

Not the joking clown in there now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is the kind of crap that would make a strong man puke.
Obama has a lot of nerve stealing the thunder of the Navy Seals.....It will not look too presidential to most i think.
The Dems must be shaking their heads at the incompetance the good POTUS has displayed since election.......
Some may be ready for sapuku by November.Go Obama Go.....just dont fall on yer sword...............
And dont let the door bang yer ass on the way out!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The Dems must be shaking their heads at the incompetance the good POTUS has displayed since election.......

I offen wonder about that. What they must REALLY think about Obama.....

Must have been good enough.... They doubling down on him... ugh.

That is why I think it is a fake fight. They don't want him in there but they have to pretend to as not to risk the power loss.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Heroes are the guys you never see or hear about and always stand in the darkness do their jobs and move on to the next one.

The Heroes of this country is and has and will always be those people you never hear about.

God Bless them and Obama get your head out of your butt and stop thinking your God.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo... Star (and flag if I could).

The Unseen heros. The men and women of everyday life.

In other words.....

They don't Spike the Football... or claim credit when they shouldn't (so much anyway).

Yes, I would rather meant and greet a city fireman/policeman than I would Obama.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The causes of this disorder are unknown. An overly sensitive personality and parenting problems may affect the development of this disorder.

Symptoms

A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals

I'd say after reading his books and watching him run for office and "lead" (loosely applied) the nation for three years he certainly fits the profile.

He is actually quite pathetic IMO.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Shhh... don't tell these guys, but it was Bush who officially "spiked the football" nine years ago when he declared the end of combat in 2003. He was only off by about a DECADE.

This group only serves to highlight the utter hypocrisy of the right-wingers because both Bush and Romney have gone on record stating they would not have bothered going after Bin Laden.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
-- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
-- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

"It's not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person,"
-- M. Romney 5/07

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If that blind Chinese dissident is harmed after risking his life to get to the American Embassy, and promptly turned back over to the Chinese, this OBL thing will mean nothing.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Bingo. Now, I bet you this guy goes missing for the rest of known history....

And the family will get a bill for the bullet.

America is about to get a black eye from the Bird of Freedom.

Never in my life did I think we would turn away anyone, let alone a handicap person.

If we don't stand up to them, who will?

new topics

top topics

join