It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical Transcendence Of Negativity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Pay attention to the emotions that you feel, the resulting actions, and the overall results in your life. At the outset, do not repress negative emotions, if you do not truly understand their harm. This will just move them into the subconscious, where they will, in a subtle way, be within everything that you do, and will gain power over time. So the idea, at least at first, is not to force a change within yourself. Rather, the idea is to pay close attention to what you feel, what you do as a result, and what happens as a result. Simply be aware, pay attention. If you do this, you will undoubtedly see the destruction in negative emotions.

You get angry, your anger comes out in your words and actions, conflict results, and then you are left feeling even worse than at first. Only when you can see this, truly see this with clarity, can you begin to enact real change within yourself. When you can see the harm, both internal and external, that results from negative emotions, abandoning negativity is no longer an issue of moral obligation. It is simply a pragmatic approach based on rational observation. Simple harm reduction, not only for others but for yourself. Now when you see these same negative emotions arising in yourself, emotions that you have seen the negative results that follow, you can logically see that it is best not to act on them. I am not speaking of repression here, as the results I am speaking of cannot come about through repression, but rather true understanding.

Now when these emotions arise, the focus shifts to understanding, rather than reactionary expression. If you are able to apply the knowledge you have gained to this arising of negative emotions, the fire behind it should already begin to cool. You will likely still feel some negativity, and that is ok, in fact it is good for now, but you will have more control. Your rational mind will be functioning again. Now you should be with your emotions, not try to escape them. Rather, your approach should be not to act outwardly based on these emotions, which would only serve to keep that cycle of unwanted negativity in motion. You may feel some negativity, but you now know that acting on it will only make you feel worse in the end, and ultimately you want to transcend these unwanted emotions.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Simple harm reduction, not only for others but for yourself.

One in the same?

April wrapped up, for me, a three month long 'experiment' of sorts. i tried in every way possible to be as positive and Loving as i could humanly be in All my interactions with 'others'. As TheJourney so eloquently advises: i did not repress negative thoughts, i examined them. What was done to me to elicit this response? Why did someone else do this? What is to be gained by responding in kind?.

In all cases the answer was that there was no benefit in responding with more negativity. i changed my responses and as a result, i changed no less than my entire life.

2012 has been far and away the best year of the 31 i have been around for and there is no doubt in my mind as to why; All thought is creative, our thoughts in a very real way create our world.

i would not ask anyone to believe this blindly; try a little experiment of your own. For just one month go out of your way to be as positive as you can be. i think you will be amazed at the results.

Much Love!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have to agree,
with help of J.Krishnamurti,
i have spent more than month now with deeper observation of my thoughts, and found out how separated and isolated this "mind ego world" can sometime be from the world itself.

peace&pease

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
what u dont realize is that negativity is out of freedom needs, give freedom and all is cool

existence of now is a sprint between freedom and truth, while truth is freedom value so can b absolute freedom too
when freedom will cant b true

the sprint concern superiority bc freedom is exclusively of and to absolute superiority terms

logically, truth won already for what truth truly exist so cant loose being

but objectively, evil won for what life is on ur side since false superiority and liars pretenses are always the majority of any objective ground

while it seems that life is reaching an end since it is a lie and of liars it cant keep a pretense of stand

truth dont care about any has all time but is pissed of disgust so might take advantage of live weakness

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Very good! One thing I would add is, there is no finality to this process of attention/awareness/looking. Through this 'seeing' the mind sees it is heading in a negative/imbalanced direction; all the division and conflict, and thus it stops; it becomes extremely quiet. This cannot be brought about through knowledge though. Knowledge is dead, it is always of the past, and that negative energy/movement is now, so it must be addressed now and the only way to do that is to see it as it is right now. To simply say, "anger or fear is bad so I will not head down that road", is repression, it is knowledge; a doctrine; a methodology; a religion, all which are equally dead. I know you touched on this point already, just saying it in a different way.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join