It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Yorkshire lollipop man studies for 12th degree

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just thought i'd share this story, i like the fact that this guy is keeping the old grey matter ticking even at the age of 70. Reminded me of guy i met in the pub last year, he was 75 and had just quit his job to go back to college to study IT.

The kids in the articles video make me laugh....

A West Yorkshire lollipop man is studying for his second PhD, on top of 11 degrees.

Bruce Berry from Wakefield graduated with his first degree from Manchester University in 1963.

Speaking of his "thirst for knowledge", 70-year-old Mr Berry said: "I like to keep an open mind - anything which catches my interest, I go for it."
Source: West Yorkshire lollipop man studies for 12th degree

CX.

edit on 3/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I wish I had the means to actually afford the luxury of 11 degrees. If I did, I'd probably be doing the exact same thing.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Nice story. Just proves your never too old and it's never too late to follow your dreams. The guy obviously has a talent for languages.

Have you been watching the program on Channel 4, called Hidden Talent? Very interesting.
www.channel4.com...

In one episode they train a young homeless man to write and speak Arabic in under 17 weeks.

join