It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flo Rida served -via- Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Here's the story....Serving Legal documents via social networking...Crazy...

news.ninemsn.com.au...

This is where it might get a little sticky...they say: Flo Rida has more than 5.9 million likes on his Facebook site, which is regularly updated with photos of the star.

Do they know for a fact that it is Flo arida's page and not a fan based page? I've seen people using entertainers names and soon they have a huge following because people didnt realize it was a fake.

The reason a process server is hired is so that there is no mistaking that the defendant was properly served in person and can't say...I never got legal papers in the mail! Or....I don't live at that address anymore..I didn't get!

If your going to serve someone via a social networking site....I would think you would have to 100% verify its the persons page. Most of us don't use our real names. Also....I may personally go weeks and not check into FB. How can you be sure 100% that the person got the summons? I would think that they would have to get a warrant or??? to be able to completely break into your FB account to try to verify that it is you and how often you sign on.

I read an article concerning the birth of FB before it even was....and the article basically came out and said that it was a government program set up as a way to spy on people. If the Courts are now going to say its ok to go on a social networking site.,.that no one can take serious 100%...again...most don't even use their natural identity...how can you use it as a factual tool for court purposes? It's just crazy!!!!

I almost see a law someone's going to create that actually makes us get a page on the net for all sorts of government reasons....say we all?

edit on 3-5-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

Did you read the story??? No...because if you had...it's not about Flo Rida...it's about conducting legal bus...court bus. being done via social networking.

You are rude and egotistical. Did you flame me instead of reading the article so you could get all your little stars????

Rude!

Stop trying to raise yourself up by humiliating others....in this case..you embarrass yourself!!!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Ok, I'm sorry. Keep up with the Flo Rida Affair.

I can't see a more pressing issue atm. I know its about 3 am or earlier in the US, so I guess there must be nothing else to talk about. But believe me, most of the world is already awake, working and actually dealing with important matters.

Not that Flo isnt or his legal issue...

And btw... I didnt flame anything, I stated my opinion on a obvious matter of most importance in a place where some people's wives are reptilian cat eaters.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
This is a really serious matter, that not only threatens the world as we know it, but it also keeps me from sleeping at night. And I also think Flo Rida has "its" place on ATS's highest priorities...

And of course, don't forget to give this thread 462 flags and about 600 stars because its just that important!

And I thought I could be harsh at times....you obviously didn't read the article the OP posted, or fully understand the ramifications.

Not sure someone who has been a member for just over a week should have any ground to stand on when it comes to what is or isn't a priority here on ATS.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I didn't force you to come in here!!! Just because you don't find doing legal bus. Via a social networking site interesting or debatable...who the hell are you?????

Go to the post that interest you and stop trying to bully me over something I find interesting and possibly dangerous...legal wise.

Who made you queen of all that's interesting????

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well the good news is that the article stated that they tried serving him papers in person several times, but were unable to successfully, so it sounds to me like he is aware of the issue and is avoiding it and if he ignores it over Facebook then kind of sounds like he will get what he deserves.

I could see the reason to be upset if all the other avenues were skipped first. But I don't really see it as a pressing matter. He missed a show the promoter is mad and wants his money back.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

If you don't have anything productive to add to the thread, or if the topic is of no interest to you, then move on to the next thread.

Can we please focus on the actual topic.

Thank you.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Most artists don't even run their own FB page. It could be a fan, PR team, assistant, and who knows who else.

Talk about being ignorant, read the article/OP before you insa-reply

edit on 3-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thank- you because I gotta tell yea ...wow

Maybe it's not as interesting as I found it....but I thought it could be important legally speaking for all of us!

Again..Ty for just being a gentlemen about...even if you thought the same thing....lol

People have lost the art of listening and respecting each other...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Most artists don't even run their own FB page. It could be a fan, PR team, assistant, and who knows who else.

Talk about being ignorant, read the article before you insa-reply
edit on 3-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

Thanks for showing the OP is completely oblivious to the issue at hand.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Yes...I agree they did exhaust other efforts...but, a process server can't give up trying to serve the person right? I can just see someone saying...sorry..didnt get the FB message. Also...the guys totally wrong for skipping out...I very much agree...but my point is legal -v- FB??? A social network...fun...not anything for legalities..... Right?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by amongus

Thank- you because I gotta tell yea ...wow

Maybe it's not as interesting as I found it....but I thought it could be important legally speaking for all of us!

Again..Ty for just being a gentlemen about...even if you thought the same thing....lol

People have lost the art of listening and respecting each other...

This has big ramifications, if people can just look past it being flo rida. Some don't have that ability. It will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Also, nothing like having a member, who has been a member for one whole week and has zero threads started himself, bash away at this. It's like the person who has never voted, complaining about the president. Crazy....

Good thread!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Then you clearly didn't read the OP because she said the exact same thing I did.

Do they know for a fact that it is Flo arida's page and not a fan based page? I've seen people using entertainers names and soon they have a huge following because people didnt realize it was a fake.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

And that's exactly what I said in the beginning post...how does one verify that it does in fact belong to the person your going after and not some one else .....I've seen bullies steal people's identity and make a page in their name to harass. I just can't see FB being a legal playground to go after people. It is again a social networking site and is for entertainment....

Real spoke...haha I was verifying at the same time you wrote that . Thank you! Your my hero tonite to. Thank you X's 100 for bringing my spirits back up...hugs

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
This is a really serious matter, that not only threatens the world as we know it, but it also keeps me from sleeping at night. And I also think Flo Rida has "its" place on ATS's highest priorities...

And of course, don't forget to give this thread 462 flags and about 600 stars because its just that important!

And I thought I could be harsh at times....you obviously didn't read the article the OP posted, or fully understand the ramifications.

Not sure someone who has been a member for just over a week should have any ground to stand on when it comes to what is or isn't a priority here on ATS.

Well said !
Out of Control , if you don't like the topic you need not participate in the discussion

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I don't think they should stop trying to serve him papers. Although If they want to start serving papers via internet they should at least send it to his e-mail,
!

Although, I could see the humor factor in them posting a legit legal document as a post on Facebook fan page wall.

Makes me very happy to hear that other people feel the same way about social networking being fun and keeping it that way.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thank you sooo much to those that stood up for me..lit really means a lot. It really does! I don't think we say thank you enough and I want to make sure I do. You guys didn't have to do that and I soo appreciate it.

Again...I really do think this is important for all of US and our rights to a certain amount of privacy on- line..but again...I can't say enough...legal -v- FB an entertainment site. I didnt give FB my real name, or info...so does that mean someone would spy on me to associate me w/ who they think I am on FB? It's just getting ridiculous the places that they're taking away from us in the name of....control

I will repeat...this has nothing to do w/ Flo....I like the guy but feel he's a huge A-hole if he took someone's money and ran.....as I always say...we don't know all the facts. Also...they could be lying about trying to track him down so they can in turn take away more of our privacy rights and unanimous rights away all in the name of government control over every aspect of our lives. I don't want to hear...if your not doing anything wrong....the point is...we have a right to a certain amount of freedoms....when they made 18 yrs and over wear a seatbelt or pay the $$... That's when we started turning into a dictatorship...i mean really, it should be individual choice...but then....that's another show...lol

THANKYOU ATS'ERS I LOVE YOU...(S)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join