It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will Ron Paul Save the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

At what point did I say we belong there? I am merely pointing out the reality that it is Congress who decides which bases stay open and which are closed. There is no way Congress would approve of the closing of every overseas military base. And even if there is no one occupying the base money will still need to be set aside for general upkeep and a full stock of supplies in case they are needed. Not to mention that it is more than just the military that has people on these bases. Then we would also have to factor in the new costs due to the added strain on domestic military bases. That's a lot of soldiers that would be coming back and that's going to add a lot of wear and tear on the bases here not to mention the increase in supplies. In fact the only way I can see this plan helping the economy in any way is if he relieves a large number of servicemen of duty. While I'm sure these individuals will be glad to be home I don't think they'll be happy losing their paycheck with the economy the way it is.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Dude your using too many strawman what ifs...If he takes the troops home, and congress leaves the empty bases and refuses to listen to the people and keep wasting money, they will be part of the jobless %..they will close the bases they will have no choice....he wants and will try everything he can to actually change some things for the better. NOBODY else running for president wants to do this or will do this...I truly cannot fathom why anyone would try so hard to knock Ron Paul, you dont have to worship the guy, I know some come off as they do, I dont...but Im smart enough to know that he is the only one up there that is different, everyone else is a clone and it doesnt matter if they are Rep or Dem, they are the same. So I think you need to go at this at a different angle, put all the pros of what the "others" want to do and will actually get done and what Paul wants to do and might get done. If you still have more checks on the others column, well to be honest, this will not be possible unless you are brainwashed to except the status quo and deep down are afraid of change and want things to stay exactly as they are.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

I don't support any of the candidates and as a result will not be voting this November. No matter who gets elected it's going to be business as usual. Either we get the same old politicians in Obama and Romney or we get Paul who at will at best act as a stopgap measure to new legislation. Nothing will change. If people actually want change they need to start at the ground level. Sweeping change isn't going to come about simply because the guy at the totem pole is different. I feel that all those people spending their time and money campaigning for Paul would be better off running their own campaigns for positions in their town or city. For Paul to actually enact the change he envisions he needs a strong base in the government which he doesn't have right now.

It's like I say in the 2012 threads, if you think the world is broken then go out and try to fix it. Be the change you want to see. No singular person or event is going to come along and fix everything. It's going to take a concerted effort from all of us.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Great questions!!
IMO the most important thing and the logical first step to fix any issue is to identify the problem.

Therefore the most important thing that Ron Paul can do as president which no other candidate would do is promote awareness of how corrupt the system really is. The system is to greased for a single president to be able to stop the machine via brute force.

As President he will get media coverage and can demand news conferences to disclose the TRUTH behind congresses actions which no other president has done nor will do. He can spoon feed the masses the coincidences that occur on a daily basis in Washington ,get people to use common sense, stop fear mongering and get the people back into the government. More importantly Ron Paul has his supporters, who are educated on the subject more than most and very active at the ground floor and grass roots level. The more people that join with him the harder it will be for the lobbyist to distribute their kool-aid.

He can talk and explain why it doesn't make sense to go to another war , why its unsustainable and why if you $hit in your neighbors yard they will want to $hit in your yard, why the lobbyist who is pushing for another war coincidentally stands to make billions as well. Why its a REAL threat to our national security to have these MULTI NATIONAL corporate lobbyist directly influencing our laws . Why the Patriot act should be called UnPatriot act. why "if you did nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about if they monitor you" is insane and not because its true, but because those people are assuming that they will use all that counter surveillance on you to protect you instead of using it to control their agenda. ETC....

So the first step is to make the people aware of the problem and be TRUTHFUL. Most people are to busy to dig for the truth for themselves and feel helpless when it comes to changing Washington. Even worse the masses are inundate with marketing ad via so called news outlets like cnn,fox,msnbc,etc which mold the lazy (majority) masses to go along with their agenda.

Politics is only complex and doesn't make sense when you try to view it with Republican goggles or with Democrat goggles , however it makes perfect sense when you look at as a Business

Most people take a break from the kool-aid for a minute and think its just to complicated or expensive to fix the welfare system because of the rampant corruption within it and its a broken system. Then they go back to the kool-aid and progress no farther in thinking of the issue.

However, is the system really broken? Yes for the tax payers, but not the lobbyist who pushed for the legislation. Wouldn't it be a great business plan to pass a law that made it mandatory to take money out of your pocket to buy my product and give it to your neighbor. Hence, why would the lobbyist who spent billions in influencing many of those legislation under the guise of helping the needy want the system to be fixed? This is where the GOP and the DNC get involved in order to spin the issue and ensure nothing gets fixed, because the system is working perfectly for them. Both Republicans and Democrats have had full control of congress and POTUS and they have not fixed any one issue with how uncounted gov't spending is.

So Ron Paul can have a significant impact without even having to work with congress.
edit on 4-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

But you see there will be somebody chosen, and some can actually make things worse. So sitting it out is the same as doing nothing that your complaining about the RP guys doing. You have to start someplace, and if you dont get the bad seeds out now and let them continue unabated, your adding to the problem and making it even harder than it already is to stop them and get back on track. Do I believe Ron Paul can come in and cure all our ails in 4yrs...hell no, but at least he will attempt to do some good. Do I KNOW the jackweeds that are in office now and that if they are replaced by Romney jackweeds things will continue to get worse, yep its a certainty.

So again I dont worship the guy, dont think he is the savior of hope. But I know hes different and the powers that be hate him, so that is a huge plus for me. There are certain things that I dont 100% agree with RP, that is a given, but I dont agree with 90% of the crap the others are about, and thats being nice. This is my point on Paul, he is the best choice, the others are truly the lesser of 2 evils, no evil involved with Paul at least. Take that for what you will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join