It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Melbourne teen films 'final goodbye'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you.

Somebody had to say it sooner or later lol.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Originally posted by QQXXw
How is this breaking alternative news? Thread reported

how i wish you could take his place

I know right.

Total douche bag.

Good post OP. Thanks for sharing it.
edit on 5-3-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XaphanHearing about things like this almost makes me border on total atheism. The amount of cruelty in life makes me doubt that anything beyond us exists.

On the other hand, he made a real emotional connection to hundreds if not thousands of people. That's probably more than I will accompish in my life, so who am I to judge the value of his?

Personally I don't believe prayer works because God reaches down and changes something, but that belief creates reality. By pouring your intent into something through prayer (or any other tool to focus your intent) you make the changes yourself. If that is true, then God is real if you believe it and prayer works if you believe it.

Anyway, best wishes for Shaun.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My damn internet's capped so I can't watch the video, but I'm glad you posted this OP, thank you.

Sending loving, healing thoughts & prayers to this young man.
May God bless him & heal him.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Internet... capped? Did we just time-slip into 1996?

I thought bandwidth limits were a thing of the past lol.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Does anyone know why this boy cannot have a third transplant?

I did try to google this but came up with nothing but explanations on waiting times or similar.

I did see that there are others who have had three heart transplants, which begs the question why?

edit on 3-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I must ask, why is someone as evil at Dick Cheney at 71 able to pull through with a heart transplant (www.huffingtonpost.com...) and yet this poor young guy knows his fate with his?

Such a sad world.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation
I must ask, why is someone as evil at Dick Cheney at 71 able to pull through with a heart transplant (www.huffingtonpost.com...) and yet this poor young guy knows his fate with his?

Such a sad world.

Dick Cheney doesn't have heart problems.
He never had one to begin with.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation

Such a sad world.

It's as they say: Only the good die young. That's why bastards like Cheney survive for so long

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is heart braking stuff, really really sad

I wish people would watch this and appreciate life a bit more, be that bit more nicer to people, help out a bit more because there are so many little dudes like him out there who would of loved the chance that so many take for granted and fail to realise we arnt here forever so make the most of it and make others have a more happy experience.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is one of the best videos to touch the internet in a while. This is a kid who has never seen much of life, and yet has embraced the end of it all. He has received the worst possible news one can (besides having all of his family and friends dying in front of him...you know, worst case scenario stuff, hell on earth and all of that) and yet he can say that he is looking forward to what happens next.

This kid is stronger than anyone I have ever met. Whatever happens to him in the next life, I wish him good luck, and give him major props for his courage and strength.

Whatever gods there are, may they have the greatest compassion for this soul. He deserves it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Why isn't this young man getting SynCardia total artificial heart or experimental continuous flow device? Partly because these devices are still considered "bridge to transplant", as I think people still have silly ethical objects to such devices (until someone you love needs one), that is my best guess at least.

2012, can't help but think if humans spent 10% of the time/effort that they develop exotic vehicle engines on artificial hearts we might have solutions in situations like this. I know it's a little more complicated than "just a pump", but I stand by that statement.
edit on 5/3/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

If we spent less than 1% of what we spend on War, preparing for War, and Weapons we would not be having this conversation...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This video put me into tears..This young man is only 17 and will never live a long full life without another transplant ..I'm sure the reason they aren't going to do another is because his body will not be able to handle another surgery plus the transplant waiting list is long..

There will be no miracles for this boy i don't care how much he prays,When its your time, its your time to go..prayer,never hurts but its not going to save this young man..

My heart goes out to him and his family the whole thing is very sad..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For some reason the video wont play, but from what I got to read along with some of the information posted 1 can feel he is a strong spirited individual full of compassion for others to take time to share with others his journey. Its not easy to get told you may not have long to exist here and still have compassion for others enough to take time out of such a stressful life to help guide others who may experience hardships. I respect him a lot for that and my energy is with him as I did see his photo. I hope his family can remain strong for him and be there as best as they can, my prayers/love go out to his family and he. Its a hard existence here on EA*RTH and 1 appreciates his efforts to share/help the conscious/minds of others. God bless Shaun Wilson-Miller and his family and may he find support and peace along his journey. Its hard down here.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Also is it possible that he can get the type of tech Dick Cheney has?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
To be honest I couldn't press play on that video,

As someone who has lost a child, I could not watch this,

But I wish I could be there to hug him, and I send my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
How is this breaking alternative news? Thread reported

A young man is losing his life and you come in here to say you reported the thread because it wasn't in the right category? Where is your compassion for your fellow man?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by jewells

Internet... capped? Did we just time-slip into 1996?

I thought bandwidth limits were a thing of the past lol.

Lol, It bloody feels like it!!
Its actually having 3 teenagers at home that can burn through 200MB a month (the plan we're on)!!
But in light of this thread,I'm very thankful for that fact.

edit on 3-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by Xaphan]
Wait, what? I didn't blame anything on "god" or any cosmic entity or whatever you want to call it. I said I doubt that anything exists. If I were blaming god, that would imply that I'm a believer. I was asserting my lack of faith because of occurrences like this, not blaming anything.

Besides, there have been scientific studies conducted on prayer. It doesn't work.
Riddle me this. If there is a cosmic entity out there that intends for all humans to live wonderful happy lives, why are some babies born with terminal illnesses? Why do innocent people get cancer?

Not trying to troll or start arguments, or rain on anyone's parade. Just administering a healthy dose of reality where it's needed.

It just seems like an odd comment with certain implications.

Scientific studies? I could give you testimony that it does work. In 2006, my mother went septic - basically, her body turned into poison, and her organs were shutting down one by one. When you go septic, you have a 50% chance to live, even with anti-biotics. One night in particular, we were told she only had a 5% chance, and was rapidly getting worse - a week later, they said there was nothing more they could do. They said to go in and say goodbye. She was in what was referred to as the "dead ward" (which is where you went when, well, basically, you were dying). She had NO circulation - and as such, was under NO medication. Nothing. No anti-biotics, no pain medication. She was in a lot of pain, and even though my father asked for something, we were told again that the nurses tried, but because she had no circulation, nothing was working.

So we laid hands on her, and my dad led us in prayer. All he prayed for was relief from the pain. We prayed to God, not to Allah, not to spirits, not to anything other than the God of Jacob and Isaac. After we said the prayer, we felt this warmth leave our hands, and into her body - instantly her pain was gone, her vitals went up within the hour, and a few weeks later she was dismissed. Fully recovered.

Doctors had no idea happened. They called it nothing short of a miracle.

I know it's a bit off topic, but don't ever say prayer doesn't work, when I've seen it happened first hand, on MULTIPLE occasions.

I really hate to burst your bubble, but one of you is a healer. I have been healing this way for over 2 years now, and have relieved pain from many people that are suffering. I do not pray, it is my gift and I am sharing it with the world.

Seriously, this isnt the Dark Ages anymore. It's about time religions came out of their little caves.
edit on 3-5-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join