It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Melbourne teen films 'final goodbye'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Dying Melbourne teen films

news.ninemsn.com.au

A Melbourne teenager has recorded an emotional video message to say goodbye after he was told by doctors he may not have long to live.

A biopsy revealed his body was rejecting his second heart transplant and doctors say they cannot perform a third.

he thanks his family and friends and tells them he will miss them.

"This has been an awesome ride and I have no regrets," Shaun says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-5-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Another video of a teen whose life will soon be taken from him unfairly. Make sure you guys / girls watch the video. He gets pretty emotional and describes the bad news. But he is also staying positive and describes some of the good news about his situation.

I hope he pulls through his current predicament.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Very sad..

I might not know him personally,but I was honored to hear him speak.

Truly Brave.

I always remember this line from "Kingdom of Heaven"

Balian of Ibelin: You go to certain death.
Hospitaller: All death is certain............................

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why isn't this young man getting SynCardia total artificial heart or experimental continuous flow device? Partly because these devices are still considered "bridge to transplant", as I think people still have silly ethical objects to such devices (until someone you love needs one), that is my best guess at least.

2012, can't help but think if humans spent 10% of the time/effort that they develop exotic vehicle engines on artificial hearts we might have solutions in situations like this. I know it's a little more complicated than "just a pump", but I stand by that statement.
edit on 5/3/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My heart goes out to this brave young man and his family and friends.

Life is a precious gift, but I don't think it all ends when we die. I think there is something more, something better after this physical life.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How is this breaking alternative news? Thread reported

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

It might be in the wrong area,but it is news,none the less.

How does your heart contemplate what this child is going through ?

Does it beat?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What do you consider alternative?

Never the less, this is extremely sad, and i felt it should be seen. There are plenty of other people in the world that are probably going through the same circumstance as this young man is.

You never seem to feel sympathy. What is wrong with you?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
My heart goes out to this brave young man

I really hope there was no pun intended there...
Unless you're actually willing to give it to him.

Horrible humour aside, this is terrible. He barely got to live even 1/4 of his life

Hearing about things like this almost makes me border on total atheism. The amount of cruelty in life makes me doubt that anything beyond us exists.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This is truly sad. I can't imagine what he's going through. All I can do is pray that his heart is healed, or at the very least, pray that he has come to Christ. I'm confident though, just from hearing him speak, that this young man, as positive as he's trying to be, will find comfort and enjoyment in this life than most people find ever. If anything, he's a perfect example of how one shouldn't let the hardships of life get to you - because there's always people who have it worse.

Originally posted by Xaphan
Horrible humour aside, this is terrible. He barely got to live even 1/4 of his life

Hearing about things like this almost makes me border on total atheism. The amount of cruelty in life makes me doubt that anything beyond us exists.

Sure, attribute the evil to God, but when miracles happen day in and day out, where is his credit?
What if this man's heart suddenly started working, because of prayer? Would you border on total Theism?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Wow, you posted on this thread just to be a snitch?

I liked the story and thought it was inspiring. Let the mods do their job.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Sure, attribute the evil to God, but when miracles happen day in and day out, where is his credit?
What if this man's heart suddenly started working, because of prayer? Would you border on total Theism?

Wait, what? I didn't blame anything on "god" or any cosmic entity or whatever you want to call it. I said I doubt that anything exists. If I were blaming god, that would imply that I'm a believer. I was asserting my lack of faith because of occurrences like this, not blaming anything.

Besides, there have been scientific studies conducted on prayer. It doesn't work.
Riddle me this. If there is a cosmic entity out there that intends for all humans to live wonderful happy lives, why are some babies born with terminal illnesses? Why do innocent people get cancer?

Not trying to troll or start arguments, or rain on anyone's parade. Just administering a healthy dose of reality where it's needed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Let those who believe in prayer,pray.

It truly doesn't hurt.

BTW,here's a fascinating book you might like.

The God Theory

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I know. I'm not trying to tell people that they shouldn't pray or not believe this or that. The point I was trying to make was that I just can't make sense out of believing in something that would allow young innocent people to suffer and die before they even have a chance to get their life off the ground.

Deep down I'm not a true atheist. I'd consider myself more confused than anything... just trying to make sense out of existence, and why anything happens at all, good or bad.

I just don't know what to think anymore

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan]
Wait, what? I didn't blame anything on "god" or any cosmic entity or whatever you want to call it. I said I doubt that anything exists. If I were blaming god, that would imply that I'm a believer. I was asserting my lack of faith because of occurrences like this, not blaming anything.

Besides, there have been scientific studies conducted on prayer. It doesn't work.
Riddle me this. If there is a cosmic entity out there that intends for all humans to live wonderful happy lives, why are some babies born with terminal illnesses? Why do innocent people get cancer?

Not trying to troll or start arguments, or rain on anyone's parade. Just administering a healthy dose of reality where it's needed.

It just seems like an odd comment with certain implications.

Scientific studies? I could give you testimony that it does work. In 2006, my mother went septic - basically, her body turned into poison, and her organs were shutting down one by one. When you go septic, you have a 50% chance to live, even with anti-biotics. One night in particular, we were told she only had a 5% chance, and was rapidly getting worse - a week later, they said there was nothing more they could do. They said to go in and say goodbye. She was in what was referred to as the "dead ward" (which is where you went when, well, basically, you were dying). She had NO circulation - and as such, was under NO medication. Nothing. No anti-biotics, no pain medication. She was in a lot of pain, and even though my father asked for something, we were told again that the nurses tried, but because she had no circulation, nothing was working.

So we laid hands on her, and my dad led us in prayer. All he prayed for was relief from the pain. We prayed to God, not to Allah, not to spirits, not to anything other than the God of Jacob and Isaac. After we said the prayer, we felt this warmth leave our hands, and into her body - instantly her pain was gone, her vitals went up within the hour, and a few weeks later she was dismissed. Fully recovered.

Doctors had no idea happened. They called it nothing short of a miracle.

I know it's a bit off topic, but don't ever say prayer doesn't work, when I've seen it happened first hand, on MULTIPLE occasions.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to diminish your experience in any way. But what doesn't make sense to me is why people have to grovel and beg? Wouldn't a truly loving god spare people and end suffering regardless of whether somebody begs him or not? Wouldn't that be considered conceited on his part?

Imagine a scenario in which somebody is walking down the street and they get attacked by a rabid dog. They are laying on the sidewalk bleeding profusely. Bette Midler notices this calamity and runs over to help. Just as she takes out her cell phone to dial 911, she asks "Do you own any of my albums?" "No" answers the person, their voice shaking with agony. "Have you ever been to one of my shows?" "No." "Well why the hell should I be obligated to help you then?" she retorts.

Doesn't seem right, does it? Seems downright immoral. Well, this is what god is doing, apparently. Picking and choosing who he helps. I would consider him biased.

Besides, what about the atheists that end up surviving near death incidents? I have two friends that are complete and total atheists. One had cancer, and survived. No prayers. Nothing. The other one almost got hit by a speeding car when he was 14, but somehow managed to jump out of the way at just the right moment. I was with him when it happened. When I saw the car coming I didn't start praying, neither did he. But he lived anyways.

This is what leads me to believe that all events in life are just pure random chance.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
We should also prey for the thousands and thousands of innocent little children under the age of 10 who die every single day from poverty and famine. They are faceless and only in the depths of our imaginations on most days. Some people are not aware that little girls and boys die terrible deaths every singe day all over the world.

This guy gets an award for bravery yes and his video will be a good reminder for his family. And he has lived over 2 times as long as most of the little children who die every day, so he is fortuntate

So do not forget the other little precious children who never get a mention or see a 5th and 6th birthday.

edit on 3-5-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
My heart goes out to him and his family. I hope for a miracle, but also for Love to be with him every step of they way and his infinite journey, and may he know real happiness, and may his heartfelt and most positive dreams come true for him.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I simply don't believe in chance at all. To say that it requires begging, though, is pushing it a little. Simply ask, and you will receive. None of us were begging, we were simply praying. I also don't think it's fair to say that it's ALWAYS necessary to ask. Jesus healed those who did not ask, the blind, the deaf, the mute - and he also healed those who did ask. God would surely do the same.

We do live in a fallen world, though. Not everyone is born equal. No where in the Bible does it say that. We're all given free will, but we're still victims to our surroundings, to our governments, to the dangers and diseases of this world.

But like I said, I don't believe in chance. Your friends.. you don't know the reason they survived, you simply know that they survived. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I've lived long enough after each hardship to know why it was allowed to happen; I've lived long enough after each blessing to know why it was allowed to happen. Your friends' lives simply weren't complete yet. They still have something they had to do, just as we do.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

how i wish you could take his place

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join