It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend passed and sent me a message?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This Tuesday morning, my friend and most of his family tragically died in a fire. We were supposed to get together this Saturday, but I am attending the funeral instead. So yesterday, I am still in shock, and all of a sudden my digital watch lets out a series of long slow beeps. Unlike anything it has ever done. My young son asks what it was. I look at the watch and it says 5:19. The current time. I go through the watch functions and find no alarms set at all. It never beeps. I have had it over a year and never heard this beep. Even if I set the alarm, it beeps totally differently.

So, I move on. Today, I decided to check the club schedule. He was an events director for our local car club. The next event on the schedule, that he arranged for the club, is on 5/19.

Here I am tonight telling another club member about what just happened and all of a sudden POP, the lamp on my desk blows out. It's one of those long-life fluorescent bulbs that is only about a year old.

Communications or coincidence?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

It could definitely be a sign of communication. Typically when souls stick around after passing, it's because they forgot to do something they really need to do.

That's according to all the stuff I've heard, no guarantees.

Otherwise, really interesting coincidences.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss

Sounds like communication to me.
But if you are unsure yourself, wait and see if you get another "sign".

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
This Tuesday morning, my friend and most of his family tragically died in a fire. We were supposed to get together this Saturday, but I am attending the funeral instead. So yesterday, I am still in shock, and all of a sudden my digital watch lets out a series of long slow beeps. Unlike anything it has ever done. My young son asks what it was. I look at the watch and it says 5:19. The current time. I go through the watch functions and find no alarms set at all. It never beeps. I have had it over a year and never heard this beep. Even if I set the alarm, it beeps totally differently.

So, I move on. Today, I decided to check the club schedule. He was an events director for our local car club. The next event on the schedule, that he arranged for the club, is on 5/19.

Here I am tonight telling another club member about what just happened and all of a sudden POP, the lamp on my desk blows out. It's one of those long-life fluorescent bulbs that is only about a year old.

Communications or coincidence?

Interesting~! So sorry to hear about the loss!

My Ex-mother-in-law (still a great friend after 21+years believe it or not) found a letter addressed to her back when she was 17yrs old, from her ex-fiance' in a purse that she emptied YEARS ago; I know and other close family members know that when she empties her purse.. to transfer ALL of it to the new one...........she leaves not a speck of dust behind.. turns it upside down and shakes it, hands it her daughter or granddaughter to double check it make sure it's empty. Every-single-time.

For her to find a letter in a 3-4 years old purse, addressed to her unopened from her ex-fiance' when she was 17yrs to tell her how much he loved her and made plans to elope to Vegas---------------is NOT coincidence~!

It was placed there, and no one in the family ever knew about her ex-fiance' not even her husband/children/grandchildren

Your encounter doesn't surprise me in the least. I don't take to many thing as coincidence.

ETA: the Letter was unopened and dated 1960 and post marked, she lived in Montana then and she found the letter at work in her purse~!

edit on 3-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That is the coolest thing I've heard in a long time, and I'm a paranormal investigator. I heard that there is no such thing as a KawinkYdinK...

Very cool! I hope if you find out more you let us know?

What do you think he was or is trying to say? Who or what does he want from the car club?

If EVP's don't scare you...grab a digi the next time strange events occur ....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It would seem like 5/19 is important to this person.
I suggest you go through with his plans for the car show,

Throw the event in his honour.

Sorry to hear of your loss, memories last forever.
edit on 3/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
After my MIL died, a touch lamp in our family room would turn itself on periodically. Happened for about a month. Has not happened since, many years later.

I'd vote yes.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It would appear that May 19th is a very important date that your friend wants you to pay attention to. I'd try to figure it out before the day comes!

My experience with post death visitations usually comes with a breeze of smells....popcorn, pipe tobacco, perfume/cologne, something sweet like cookies, etc. NONE of those smells were caused by anything in my own home. There was a house we lived in where flickers and electrical surges would occur with certain topics, and would only happen within the room in which we were talking, (so it wasn't an electrical issue). So yeah...I do believe they certainly try to communicate beyond the barriers, and it's like a code. They are limited to symbols and using attention getting devices. Imagine trying to pass on message without words...kind of tough! You have to crack it to see what they're trying to tell you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is tough, I know.

I have read that newly-departed spirits will hang around for awhile, maybe a few weeks, or sometimes longer before moving on, unless they still have unfinished business here.

I think the time and date of 5:19 was something he knew you would be able to connect to him so you would know he is still around. He's just letting you know there is indeed life after this one, and saying, "Hi, I'm still here!"

Also, on the flip side of the coin, there is a possibility he may not realize he is dead, and he's wondering why everyone is ignoring him. Next time something happens, talk to him, and tell him he was killed in the fire, and he needs to move on toward the light so he can continue his spiritual advancement that awaits him there. Whatever you say, be kind. I'm sure he is confused right now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
OP, my dad died in November 2001.
During his funeral, both my mums & my aunts watches stopped at the same time (I wasn't wearing one at which I'll be forever pissy at!). They have never had trouble before or since.
While it can certainly be put down to coincidence, I personally believe that these messages are always there for those 'whose eyes see & ears hear'.
As I get older, I've learnt to trust my heart/intuition in these kind of matters over my head/rational thinking.
The more open I am to messages, the more I receive.
The 19th May seems significant. Be on the lookout!
(Pls update us!)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I agree with other posters in that it was a sign from your friend. It could be that he is letting you know that he is fine and still lives on somewhere.

I agree with the poster who said you should dedicate the 5/19 car show meet in his honor. Interesting to see if he gives a sign then. You should share your experience with the others. Maybe someone else needs to hear this as a sign and his msg. was received by you to pass along.

Sorry for your loss of your friend and family in such a tragic way.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the condolences. I am having a tough time with it, but starting to understand how to deal with it.

I just had another strange event. I have a pile of bills on my desk. I needed to call about one of them. I dialed the phone number on the bill for the Oil Company, but I got the office of the company of the next bill in my pile, that I don't need to call about. The company I got is Quest Diagnostics, a medical lab. Now I am SURE I dialed the number correctly.

I thought maybe the two numbers are close so I flipped the next bill over to find the number, in small print, the number was not even close.

I have digital service, so I logged on to my call record, and the two numbers I dialed last are there. The second call to the oil company is correct. The first attempt, matches neither number, and isn't even close to either.

OMG is he asking for a diagnosis?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hard to say with the phone call.

But what I have learned over the years is to trust what you feel when something odd happens.
If it is him, I suspect there will be more.

Persistence will be the overall decider.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I believe that your friend is trying to communicate. It happened to me once. Once only. My grandmother passed and I got a strange phone call that sounded just like her. If you're interested, my story is in the link below.

I hope you get more signs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You can talk to him if you want. Just meditate, then listen. Try automatic handwriting by leaving a pencil in your hand, and just floating it on top of a paper. Then just allow your hand to be moved freely based on the sensations of your hand.

This is how I first communicated with spirits, just don't let them trick you into invading your body like I had happen. I'm still trying to get rid of this spirit thing. I actually woke up this morning with my arm asleep, then all of the sudden it started swinging itself at me, lol. It was kind of funny, but at first when I began communicating with spirits, this negative entity really freaked me out. Now it hates me because I am too strong for it.

edit on 3-5-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Couldnt you just leave your friend a note?
print in plain block letters......
Then just put the note in a likely spot.......perhaps arrange further coms this way......
Buddy if thats you,( name here)
and just a short message to arrange something for confirmation......
I think it would work....or you could just outright talk to this friend like normal.......
Certainly you should respond somehow......peace out

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Actually he can hear everything that is said. Usually you can just call his name and tell him your message directly, but don't expect him to do what you say as a form of proof.

edit:

You need to say your goodbyes to him, pass messages along, but you also should let him know he needs to go to the light. He needs to leave the Earth eventually, and if he lingers here that is NOT a good thing. Just think of ghosts and spirits lingering on Earth as though they are stuck in between heaven and Earth. Usually, they only stick around if they have unfinished business, want to pass a message, or are just flat out too traumatized or scared to go to the light(usually in fear of something they've done), but that shouldn't be the case. He probably wants to say his goodbyes, so talk to him.
edit on 3-5-2012 by dadank because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My little brother died at 6 months old. My mom had started a collection of unicorn trinkets when he was born. One of the items was a music box (the kind you wind up the handle) On two different occaions, she was thinking about him more than normal (one was several weeks after his death, another was on what would have been his 10th birthday). While she's thinking about him, the box starts to play music.
My mom isn't very religious, but the first occurence, she was praying for a sign to know that he was OK.

There is a zero percent chance of these boxes making music unless you wind it up. The music box is kept in the entertainment center behind a glass door.

For the box to start on it's on is impossible, much less to do it when she had him on her mind.

Just like your story, I believe it is a sign or message either trying to communicate with you or let you know he's ok.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just open up a laptop and leave it open on notepad or some other word processing program, invite him to type on it. Leave it open in an undisturbed, maybe even private area. Be sure you disable any power settings that may disable the laptop.

I have experienced on several occasions spirits physically typing on keyboards and leaving messages on a computer.
edit on 3-5-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Communication.
When I was in Jr. High. One of our teachers was killed over the weekend.
However on Monday morning he was seen by several people.
All of them noticed that he seemed pale.
But he didn't show up to any of his classes.

It wasn't until a day or so later that we found out he was murdered.
So yeah I think that when we die some portion of us can stay around and interact with the living.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join