It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Greatest Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I thought I might ask people about the love of their life, their soulmate if they have one and how they knew it was them? Was it love at first sight or first word, did you grow to see it or did you merely understand it better as time went on. How would you describe the moment you knew it was them to them today. A simple thread, peace.

Oh, wait, I shall answer the questions myself. I knew the moment she stood up and asked me a question, the moment I met her. As the years passed, it has only become clearer to me as to why? She had a mind of her own and understood how we could be better to one another.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My daughter
My Husband
My Border Collie
My tuxedo cat

But the BIG NUMBER ONE IS....Jesus Christ

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Babooshka77

Dear Babooshka77,

What a shame that nobody other than you chose this as worthy of discussion. Peace and thanks for your answer.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I knew I was going to marry my husband within about 5 minutes of meeting him. That probably sounds insane, but that's what happened. And I wasn't a subscriber to Love at First Sight, or anything like that.

About the 3rd sentence he got out of his mouth and I thought "I am going to marry this man." Just like that. No lightning bolt. No DOUBT. I just knew, right then, plain and simple, that was what was going to happen. Neither of us was even hitting on each other.

The next day my best friend came over, and she was like "Oh, I saw you talking to so-and-so, blah, blah...." and I told her I am marrying that man. Of course she freaks out and I couldn't even begin to explain why I thought that or why I said it.

But I did it!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Dear Amelia,

I knew I was going to marry my husband within about 5 minutes of meeting him. That probably sounds insane, but that's what happened. And I wasn't a subscriber to Love at First Sight, or anything like that.

I knew the moment she spoke. I knew the moment she showed who she was. I knew the moment I knew who she was. Why would I find it crazy that you knew the same? The biggest ignorance is in thinking that we and others do not matter. We matter a lot, we are all that matter, we are human and learning. 5 minutes sounds a lot like love at first site and I hope it is that way forever for you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Dear Amelia,

I knew the moment she spoke. I knew the moment she showed who she was. I knew the moment I knew who she was. Why would I find it crazy that you knew the same? The biggest ignorance is in thinking that we and others do not matter. We matter a lot, we are all that matter, we are human and learning. 5 minutes sounds a lot like love at first site and I hope it is that way forever for you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
My soulmate is my wife. It wasn't love at first sight (I believe in lust at first sight, but not love, that requires time), but a love that grew over time. First, we were friends, then it grew into something more.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Similar to the above poster, mine was not love at first sight. It took about 5 months of knowing her before her and I were together. The way she acted was cute and unexpected, and I quickly fell in love with her. Still with her and don't plan on ever being with anyone else.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Um...........................................................................................................................

My youngest daughter. And I knew it the day she was born.

I know I have 2 and I love them both, but the youngest one is still innocent. She can't fend for herself yet. I'd take a bullet for that girl.

And in a way........I am.

I could've taken the easy way out and continued to live a lie, but I didn't want her growing up thinking that that is normal. Or acceptable. Or settling the way her parents did. I want her to find true happiness and success in her life so I decided I had to live by example. And if I fall short, then I'll have a lot to answer for ; I realize that.

She may be hurting now but she'll grow up and realize just what I did and why I did it. Regardless of what other people might say, she has a mind of her own and will be able to see through the thick of things. She already has that knack. Chip off the old block.

But that's when you know you really love someone.....you sacrifice short term acceptance for long term happiness. Sometimes you have to walk through fire to do it, but by showing my daughter that I had to do that because of the mistakes I made, hopefully I can save her from making those same mistakes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When I first met my soul mate, it was anything but love at first sight. I despised him. He was mixed up on all sorts of drugs, had a different girl with him every week, arrogant as hell. Not a nice person. I spend many hours nursing my female friends back to emotional health, all of whom had fallen for his cunning deception. I thought he was disgusting.
Then something happened. He had his heart broken, he found his soul, he discovered spirituality, he hitch-hiked around the country, and when he came back, there was this deep pain in his eyes, more pain then I had ever seen before. One night, he confided in me, the first REAL conversation we ever had.
Anyway, he was a totally different person. To this day, thinking about who he was and the being I now know him to be, I honestly, from the bottom of my heart, can NOT believe it is the same person.
So one night, after a conversation which led us to understand we view the world through the same eyes, we made love. I didn't know until that day that there was a difference between having sex and making love.
And then he disappeared. I knew he was the One by now, as no other being made me feel like that, like home, so happy, connected, at peace, like I wasn't alone. I looked for him for around 6 months, before my friend, who knew how I felt, let me know he was online.
I spoke to him online, and he asked me to come meet him. We kissed under a fig tree, and I fell asleep in his lap that night. About four days later (not having left each others sides at all), he announced that we were in a relationship. Didn't ask me, just told me so.
Since then, we've fought like crazy. We break up with each other about once a fortnight on average (literally) but can't resist returning to each other. Over and over again. It's unhealthy, but it feels right, because I couldn't be with any other, and he feels the same.
We moved in with each other instantly, because we could not bare to be a part. It's not all sunshine and lollipops, but we are two against the world. We're safe with each other, and we can see each others many faults and scars, that no one else has ever been allowed to see, and still totally accept and forgive. This is the real thing, and after all this time I am STILL infatuated by him. That melt-in-your-arms feeling hasn't gone away, and I don't think it ever will.
I love him more then life itself, he is the air I breathe, love of my eternity.

^.^ It's a very good story, I know. I love telling it.

new topics

top topics

join