It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man And A Rifle.[MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
He shuts the television off. As he does this he begins to hear the screams from his neighbors windows and from people in the streets. He shakes his head with dismay for he knows there anger will only be short lived. He knows that by morning they will all be back to watching reality TV, and facebooking one another to cheer how they all stood up and yelled it. He knew their actions would go no farther. For two years he has watched the world deteriorate since he left the Marines. For two years he has watched those around him complain and become angry but has yet to see someone act. Well, the man on TV finally pushed the last button with him. He knew that joining any militia or Para-military organizations would only lead to failure. He knew that's what the powers that be wanted. He knew that if he truly wanted change, then he would have to implement it himself.

He stood up and walked to the spare bedroom. He walked inside and looked right at the oblong trunk against the wall. It contained his most important tool. A tool that he swore he would never use again unless the cause was just. Well, he thought. If there is any case out there that is just, then this is it. If no one will stand and fight, then I shall do it all myself. He opened the trunk and upon the sight of the rifle was flooded with memories. This rifle was notorious in the Marine Corps. It had become the rifle of a legend. During his time as a Scout Sniper he had killed 567 enemy combatants with that rifle by firing 567 rounds. Not a single miss in his career. When he put the rifle in the trunk he hoped and preyed that it would remain there until his death where it would then be given to the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico Virginia. It would seem that his hopes and prayers would stay unanswered as he knew what he had to do.

He spent the next hour inspecting every part of the rifle and preparing it to re-enter service. He also loaded one hundred new rounds with extreme precision. He then packed the rest of his gear into his assault pack in preparation for his mission. He took his spotting scope, range finder, wind and weather meter, and his kill book. He did not pack extra clothes or medical supplies. He instead chose to pack more ammo ,and a small amount of food. The only item left was the hundred thousand dollars in cash that was buried in a local state park. Where he was going that was all he would need. He then sat down and began to make a list of targets. He started with the most obvious and eventually had to do a little research online to locate some more. He knew that pulling this off would take time. Many months at the very least.

He planned to move from location to location on foot. Walking all the way across the country if he had to, to reach all his targets. His will was strong as he made his final preparations. He stole a body from the morgue and placed it in his chair in his living room. As he grabbed his rifle and his gear to walk out the door, he broke free the gas line and set the electric timer on the oven.

He was a quarter mile away when he heard the explosion. Success he hoped. He decided he would stick around until the morning to catch a glimpse at the local paper to see if his act of deceit had worked. When the sun rose he bought a paper out of one of the dispensers at the liquor store. Sure enough there was a front page article claiming that he had committed suicide by blowing up his house. His plan had worked. As far as anyone was concerned he was now dead. He tossed the paper into the trash and headed into the woods in the direction of the state park to collect his cash.

By the end of the day he had located and recovered his cash and had spent the afternoon resting by a creek. The sun was beginning to set and he told himself it was time to go. Movement by night would be his motto for survival. Being a trained and experienced Scout Sniper he could easily escape thermal detection equipment.

As he set of east he told himself, "I will not fail. I cannot fail, For me and my rifle shall become the saviors of humanity. I will sovle the problems that are plaguing us one round at a time, for I am the best and no man shall beat me."

Soon the people would learn of a new enemy to the government. Soon he would have the elite living in fear and never knowing when his round may strike....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
great start.......

Will there be more?

Please......

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
great start.......

Will there be more?

Please......

I was thinking of adding a chapter to this every day along with some other ideas I have. We shall see.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Awesome read, please yes add more! I'm intrigued.

top topics

join