It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Animals Have Much To Teach Us - OWS Vs Oakland PD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I hate watching police brutality videos. A Jedi hates, yes it's possible.
My avatar reflects my anger towards it.

Here's 2 videos I'd like you to watch and compare.

The 1st is a new OWS protest in Oakland, CA. I'm only using 1 video from Occupy to make my point because all I need is one. A group of officers take down and brutalize a young lady on her bike crossing the street. Only need to watch first few minutes...

Now watch another video of a pack of wild lions attacking a "larger" group of buffalo. They are also drawn to the "weaker" of the pack and pounce at the best opportunity. Note similarities.

Lions attack the weakest buffalo at 2:00 minutes.
From about 3mins to 4:50 the buffalo chant "Shame on you! Shame on you!"
Then one of them takes action, to which the rest are not brave enough to help.
Then, at 5:47, a buffalo who is braver than his fear, attacks the lion hurting the baby buffalo!

The people outnumber the costumes with guns.
Use their own laws against them.
When they are unlawful, perform your duty of citizens arrest.
It is the right and duty of all citizens to defend themselves and stand up for the safety of others in desperate need. No man made laws can persecute us for those actions.

Police... you are one of us when you're not in costume.
Stand with us, you are one of us, and we can't do it without your help!

edit on 2-5-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It is the right and duty of all citizens to defend themselves and stand up for the safety of others is desperate need. No man made laws can persecute us for those actions.

In general terms, the line on that is drawn where defense against aggression becomes aggression for defense. Rights work well in one direction but someone always loses theirs somewhere when it goes the other way.

I was watching the radio scanner networks and local tactical alerts going out last night in the hot spot areas and there really wasn't much mention of Occupy either way at that level for most areas. The cops were ready, apparently, had all they figured they needed and that never really changed.

Where it was mention, like San Francisco's area alert stream, Occupy was simply described as 'Unruly Crowd' with 'extensive property damage' .. and that was the afternoon alert. I never saw them bother sending out an evening one for SF or the surrounding counties. Alameda was quiet for that score.

There was a romanticism to Occupy last year that is entirely missing now. Even the cops held back some. Anyone who says they didn't needs to ask some of our lesser fortunate members living in lower levels of the inner city. The cops we saw last year in 90% of the cases were jerks, but outside of those rallys? I'll bet some of those cops are outright brutal and sadistic. Not all...but they sure weren't showing it then. It would seem they are now...or feel far more free to just beat the problem into handcuffs and stuff it into a car for booking. No games..no patience..no tolerance.

It might be a dandy time to alter tactics and give the over-prepared Police some egg on the face by a tactic that form of response doesn't fit for. I don't know what...but surely there must be creative minds somewhere in Occupy this year.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Occupy is pointless. No one is going to stop TPTB running this three ring circus. People go to protest, probably just for attention or to look cool or to say they went there, then go home and forget about it.

Americans of today are not the same kind as 1776, theyre fat and happy on Macdonalds hamburgers and Starbucks mocha latte's. They don't have the grit people in the 1700's or before had.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks sorta like the person on the bike was running interference of the police that were after someone. The person was also resisting getting handcuffed. Doing something like that will get you that kind of treatment. It doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man. We have laws to protect people but also laws against assaulting the officers or interfering with arrests. They are people also and should have rights too. This video is not a good example of police brutality. That is normal arrest procedure for someone resisting arrest.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Animals strike curious poses, they feel the heat, the heat between me and you. How can you just leave me standing? Alone in a world that so cold? (So cold)...why do we scream at each other? This is what it sounds like when doves cry...

Have you ever seen Law Enforcement Officer art?

No other species of early humans left artwork behind, which, he says, is the crucial difference. The capacity for abstract thinking is the key to our success. All our creativity stems from it.

But abstract thinking is not only useful for making art. Early hunters, for example, reporting back on the movement of reindeer herds, would be disadvantaged if those hearing the report could not make the mental leap of faith needed to understand that these herds existed even though they had not seen them.

“It is this capacity for 'what if' thinking that sets humans apart from all other creatures,” Tattersall says.

I have known LEO's who are wonderful artists, but outside of The Art of War I have never seen Law Enforcement Officer art:

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Have you ever seen von Clausewitz strike curious poses?

If, in the next place, we keep once more to the pure conception of War, then we must say that the political object properly lies out of its province, for if War is an act of violence to compel the enemy to fulfil our will, then in every case all depends on our overthrowing the enemy, that is, disarming him, and on that alone.

Why do we scream at each other? This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

Animals strike curious poses, even when they're painting their masterpiece of art of war:

If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.

How could you leave me standing? Alone in a world so cold? (So cold)

Perhaps I am asking impossibilities. Perhaps, in the nature of things, analytical understanding must always be a basilisk which kills what it sees and only sees by killing...You cannot go on `seeing through5 things for ever. The whole point of seeing through something is to see something through it. It is good that the window should be transparent, because the street or garden beyond it is opaque. How if you saw through the garden too? It is no use trying to `see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To `see through' all things is the same as not to see.

Maybe I'm just too demanding, maybe I'm just like my father 2 bold...maybe I'm just like my mother, she's never satisfied (She's never satisfied). Why do we scream at each other? This is what it sounds like...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Soros and his 10,000 paid trouble makers are going to have to do better than this. The people are not the sheep they want them to be. Most are not going to be led to slaughter in order to give them an excuse to complete their agenda. The people are catching on to their tactics and manipulation. I have said it before and I will say it again. The best way to handle this is refuse to go into the streets. This is what they are wanting. Stand down. They can not make you go to the store, to work, to travel, etc. Put signs up everywhere and stand down. When people are refusing to be part of their game of control what are they going to do. Make mass arrests for being in your homes. When they begin to drag people from their homes for minding their own business. That is when it is time to amass. Cut off all essential power and go to bed. Sleep them away. Rip Van Winkle slept a hundred years this would maybe take a few days.

new topics

top topics

join