It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder anyone in ATS do not like dancing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Do anyone in ATS do not like dancing?

I don't. Whenever I try to dance to find extreme discomfort and anxiety. As result I opted to sit down most of the time and watch the party. At first my parents try to get me to dance but after a while they gave up after they see that I don't like dancing . Whenever my friends ask me to dance I refused and they got upset. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually one of the few who doesn't like dancing. And I'm wondering how would it affect my daily life.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I used to be that way.

I actually felt that I looked weird while moving to the music.

This was when young teens and 20's.

Now that I'm older, who cares, just go out have fun, move to the grooves
and enjoy yourself.

The wife and I usually have date night on Saturdays, we usually end up at our
favorite neighborhood bar too. Yes, most Saturdays I'm the only one in there
dancing, in my seat, beside my seat, heck, I've even been on the bar a time
or two...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
up there for thinking down there for dancing...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

It is not so much not liking to dance as self consciousness
Do you dance to music when you are alone and no one can see?
I never used to dance and hated and felt so uncomfortable when people insisted
Though I never minded doing the last dance - which was a real slow one - with a pretty girl just going round in circles and cuddling up lol.
Hell though when really drunk I have made an ass of myself thinking wow my feet magic.
Thing is to not take yourself too seriously - Once you make an ass of yourself once it gets easier next time
But yes I have to be dragged up.

edit on 2-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

not really in fact while I listen to music I simply just listen to it for the fun of it without dancing

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I never cared for it that much. I often went to clubs when I was young and it was required to meet women, but I preferred to do other things. I do enjoy the music though.

I think it's like singing. If you can do it, if you can't don't insult yourself and others by trying. Peer and social pressure won't matter to you as you get older. Lot's of people are not that keen on dancing.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I've always felt inhibited from dancing.

Bizarre thing is that I'm a musician and have always understood the necessity of moving to the music while performing.

I won a dancing competition once (with my wife, who is a natural) but felt rather fake & stiff. Just doing the moves for her.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Had to take square dancing lesson when I was in grade 6 to 8 bummer

Must of help cause by the time I was in Highschool and older you could not get me to sit down for more than a few minute

Don't have to do as must small talk when your busy dancing and the lady love it.

So try a few class

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Duhhhh!
I am fat old and most of all, white.
But even before I was fat or old, I was still white.
This gives me a -10 to dancing skill...

However my wife can still freak with the best of em!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Dear starwarsisreal,

I hate dancing and always have. About four years back I went on a blind double date. It was really just a New Years Eve party with a friend, his date and another woman. The woman wanted to dance as they often do and I told her that I couldn't. I have even taken professional dance lessons and couldn't. I should mention that I am very musical, sang in a chorus and even wrote music. The lady told me it was okay, she had me place my hands on her hips and just move with her, that I could do. I enjoyed that night, she was the only person who I ever felt comfortable dancing with. I guess that is my way of saying, you have to find the right dance partner. Good luck.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ahh I love dancing.

It's like standing still, only faster!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I used to dance my ass off in high school and in college and for a while after. Wore the mini skirt, 5 inch heels and really rocked it. Clubs, live music, discos, even dancing at Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm or street fairs, I was dancing. I think I was a bit hyper when I was a younger.

However, I haven't danced in a social setting in many years. My husband hates dancing and is terrible at it. I've done so much of it in my younger years that I don't feel I'm missing out if we don't ever go dancing again. In fact, I'm not sure I remember how, although get a few drinks in me and I may suddenly remember.....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I can't dance at all. All through Jr High and High School I was the kid standing next to the speaker banging his head, cause I couldn't dance. I wanted to even, but when I tried, I felt so self conscious I couldn't do it. And when I did cut loose a few times since then, I've gotten laughed at, so I just don't dance.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I used to dance whenever I got the opportunity, OH has two left feet though and looks scared at the very mention of having a dance. So between that, and the fact I feel like a silly old cow wiggling me hips on the dancefloor among a load of sweaty youngsters, my abilities have dwindled down to this..

I have been known to break into a snippet of a song directly where I'm standing though, probably why me daughter won't out with me.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've always been way too self concious to dance, the prospect of a wedding disco or something similar fills me with absolute dread to the point of feeling sick

I wish I could have this girls courage

edit on 3-5-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join