It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich drops US presidential bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Newt Gingrich drops US presidential bid

www.theaustralian.com.au

FORMER House speaker Newt Gingrich has dropped his erratic campaign for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, but pledged to remain in the public eye as an "active citizen".

“Today I am suspending the campaign. Suspending the campaign does not mean suspending citizenship,” Mr Gingrich said.

His exit leaves only Ron Paul, a Texas congressman who represents the libertarian wing of the party, in the race against the almost certain nominee Mitt Romney.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
YES!!!

This is awesome. Now it is a match between Paul and Romney. This should get interesting to see how the media portrays athe following circumstances to come. What are they going to say. "Romney and the other guy."

Anyway, this is excellent news, and i thought i'd post it here.

www.theaustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Better late then never......and I hope we never hear his name in major politics again. His campaign started with nearly his whole staff giving him the finger and quitting at once. It's now ended in what I'd call a pretty sad state of affairs, if not disgrace.

Quitting a couple weeks ago when the outcome was already beyond much question for his camp would have been ending with some class. Now, it's just nice to see it end. Enjoy retirement is what I say to Newt... Long, deep and quiet retirement. Please.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now we can only hope that Paul picks up more momentum to take Romney head on. Unfortunately i believe that it may be too late, but you never know. Something can still happen!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It is never too late! Ron Paul's delegate strategy is working out very well, just like predicted. To make up for all the voting fraud, I would say that the delegate strategy is all that is left to support, now that Gingrich is gone. Maybe Romney will start making sense and drop out too, who knows! (Ok that is a stretch for right now hahaha)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Problem is......
The media has said nothing, nil, nada about Dr. Paul for about the past month and I'm sure many who pay no attention most probably think he has been out for awhile.
The media will now focus on their two candidates.
Now all we need is for Romney to withdraw, or have an accident!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This surprised me because I thought Gingrich dropped out about a week ago.

This could get very interesting. Paul's strategy has been to win the nomination in a brokered convention. Now that there are only two left and the RNC apparently doesn't hold delegates to a binding position, I think Paul could take the nomination outright.

If that happens, the big kaboom you'll hear will be Republican heads exploding all at once.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i don't really watch the news that's on t.v., but i'm told by people who do that they haven't heard ron paul mentioned in about a month.

a few days ago i saw a segment "possible contenders to romney" with nary a mention of paul. the msm strategy is to act like ron paul has dropped out.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Already discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join