It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: "If you are against world government you are a terrorist"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

ths is another confirmation that few people actually understand what prof. kaku said

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It takes an advanced soul to understand what he means by this, humanity is just not there yet. One world now verses in the future are worlds apart. I LOVE Michio Kaku.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MNnativeamer

Agreed, who would we blame if we were all under the same government. Think about all of the shenanigans involved in defense contracts, one world government would render any kind of military industrial complex mostly obsolete. No way those powers that be support a movement in that direction.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus
reply to post by MNnativeamer

Agreed, who would we blame if we were all under the same government. Think about all of the shenanigans involved in defense contracts, one world government would render any kind of military industrial complex mostly obsolete. No way those powers that be support a movement in that direction.

Oh, I am sure that there would always be some kind of Rebels to defend against, either real ones or imagined ones, kind of like some of the terrorists in todays time are imagined.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The problem with a global government is that most likely it would be the real terrorists, corrupt politicians and the hardcore swindlers amongst the bankers, controlling everything.

Realistically, a one world government would never work unless it were forced in an Orwellian-type manner.

But, then again, he's already talking about thoughtcrime.
edit on 3-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

If someone said this exact same thing, but they didn't have Ph.d after their name, they would be laughed out of the room, at least in the rooms I'm used to hanging out in. Theoretical Physics is based on absolutely nothing, except wild imaginations and fantasy. Don't get me wrong, because I find all of it fascinating, from string theory to the multiverse, but it is all theory with absolutely no proof. The vast majority of these people are Atheists, and that's fine... to each his own, but they fail to realize the glaring irony in that they have absolute faith and belief in string theory, which has no shred of evidence to support it, but scoff at the idea of the existence of God, or of Jesus. There is more proof that Jesus existed than there is proof of any theory in theoretical physics. He sounds like a religious zealot if you ask me, claiming to know the future. We have never discovered an advanced civilization anywhere else, but he knows the classes and what the criterion is in order to be considered part of a class? Give me a break. As far as one world government is concerned... if being against that makes me a terrorist then I am a PROUD terrorist, at least by his definition. I actually used to enjoy Michio Kaku's insight, but after seeing this video I now realize that he and his ilk are part of the problem, because they are advocating for a world run by godless technocrats.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

It's a fair point, but few if any will read or comprehend it. For a place that is supposed to be about "denying ignorance" there is an awful lot of dogmatic reflex-posturing.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
“The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself."
- Club of Rome
www.green-agenda.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That is what they have in mind as their card to play. I've been told this several times, that they would say, ETs always do this, they are our creators and to join them we must also do NWO.

You have to understand its not even true.

Power must be placed in everyone's hands, the pyramids must be overturned, and in order for such to work, there has to be high standards of equality and human rights and high standards for freedom as well in place, and then real, (no hidden tech), high levels of education. This isn't about left versus right, this about equality and rights to land and resources being ahead of employment and slavery.

ETs don't use moeny by the way. It is more like the Venus Project, there are no banks, realtors and no one can stand in the way of anyone having their own little farm or land and home, and volunteering at anything they want, retraining occurs anytime wished for and guilds or groups with tools or equipment for any craft, music, invention, going is available. Its not like a job interview where most are turned away.

Its abundance not scarsity. Scarsity is slavery.

But there still is community, culture, norms even. But culture isn't tied into lies, religions or inequality and mistreating women and children, those aren't cultural differences, those are crimes.

So, borders would be more open, people could move anywhere they wished, and basic virtues and laws equalizing and protecting would be everywhere the same, though some areas may have different music, predominantly, different buildings, different norms for dance and meals, and festivals, and different types of meditations, (that is culture not the other thing).

But councils of citizens, half men and half women would be running most local concerns, and ever widening councils to world councils where there would simply be high equality and freedom maintained and people's individual soveriegn rights upheld.

ie. GMO, or food destruction, or control is a crime against individuality. This would be prohibited.

Scanning machines and pat downs would be a crime.

Depriving people of land and food and equality would be a crime.

Forcing employment rather than encouraging participation through education and many opportunities would be a crime.

Marrying children, covering women, beating them, would be a huge crime.

Religious courts would be a crime.

Fema would be a crime.

So there is a little tiny shred of truth in what he says but not the implications, the implication he is talking about is fascism and it is a crime.

That is from earth standards, you know basic common laws, of thou shalt not harm, to cosmic laws and postiive ET worlds.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by imherejusttoread

It's a fair point, but few if any will read or comprehend it. For a place that is supposed to be about "denying ignorance" there is an awful lot of dogmatic reflex-posturing.

I think that some confuse "deny ignorance" with "deny ignorance exists"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

where he states that those that are against this movement are the terrorists...

No. That is a gross distortion.
Kaku does not say that those who are against the development of a type one civilization are terrorists. What he says is that present day terrorists are against the changes involved with such a transition, changes we are currently experiencing. This is not the same thing as saying "If you are against world government you are a terrorist."

This is the equivalent of turning the statement "there are Muslim terrorists" into "Muslims are terrorists."

BTW, where does "world government" come into it? Did I miss that part?

edit on 5/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

"Some people don't want this.They fear this transition because this transition is to a planetary civilisation TOLERANT of many cultures. These are the terrorists."

I'd say that his words above are most definitely labelling ANYBODY who does not support a science fiction 'Type 1' civilisation as a terrorist. The single most effective form of indoctrination and brainwashing is to place 'negative' labels on people - if they have no higher belief system that they adhere to, it's completely effective.

You are a bigot if you don't approve of homosexuality.
You are ignorant if you believe in God.
You are a terrorist if you don't support a "planetary civilisation".
You are not loving if you are not tolerant.

He is appealing to the science fiction deluded Godless generation that is scared beyond belief of what the future holds and yet insistent on realising the science fiction fantasies that they've grown up watching - FEAR is a massive motivation factor and so is PROMISING that which one loves.

Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth." - Genesis 11:4 the tower of babel, the exact same thing all over again. He was right to bring in the EU, but what he doesn't conveniently say is that their parliament building is the spitting image of a famous painting of ...... the tower of Babel. Those who support these calls for a "planetary civilisation" have the science fiction dream implanted in their head, so much so that they don't see the red flags all over the place as to how their belief system has and is being manipulated by those who's goal it is to rule the world.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am a fan of Michio, so I'm pleased to say your OP is wrong.

What I heard him say is that terrorists are the people opposed to our progression to a Type 1 civilization. Not opposed to goverment.

And as many of us here know to be true, terrorism is being sponsored by the corrupt elite. These are the poeple who want to control human kinds evolution, and/or movement into type 1. They also happen to be against all sovereign goverments.

So he is correct either way. I just hope Michio knows the truth.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Of course there would be benefits to such a government, but there is one glaring disadvantage to centralizing power. There is the fact that the few will control the many, but even in a working democracy with centralized power, too many voices will go unheard. We already have that problem because of the power the federal government has somehow stolen from the states.

Smaller entities, such as states, only have a fraction of the population to deal with and listen to. Not only would more people be heard, but democracy would flourish and actually IMPROVE over what we have now. This is something our Founding Fathers knew, and that is why they LIMITED the powers of the Federal government. But we are not under that system anymore, and the Constitution doesn't seem to appeal to most Americans.

I get what he is saying, and in one sense he is right, but in the greatest sense he is wrong. Human rights and a stable government must happen before we can become that a civilization capable of venturing further into space, but any one world government will never be stable, for the reasons I listed above, and for which I gave the example of the Federal government of the US.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wold like this smart guy to give us actual examples of Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 civilizations that exist.

Does he know anything about the economics of "alternative energy"? The fact that they are not economically feasible at this time? What does he expect? The government to subsidize inefficient power sources so we can all "feel better"?

He is the dumbest smart guy I have ever heard speak.

----

A word about the inefficiency of alternative fuels. The day that you can smelt steel and aluminum using only wind and solar power, let's talk about being a Type 1 civilization.

edit on 3-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Ah, but there's the thing.

WHY would they form the NWO? Is it for our progress, or theirs?

See, depending on the answer (the HONEST answer) to that question, they can take the process in two entirely different directions. They can either enslave us in an effort to rule the planet, or they can unite us in an effort to transcend the planet.

Dominate the planet? Or transcend? To this day, we don't know what these countries are working towards...what is the endgame? What is the ultimate goal of our world leaders?

What are they planning for us?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I wold like this smart guy to give us actual examples of Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 civilizations that exist.

Does he know anything about the economics of "alternative energy"? The fact that they are not economically feasible at this time? What does he expect? The government to subsidize inefficient power sources so we can all "feel better"?

He is the dumbest smart guy I have ever heard speak.

----

A word about the inefficiency of alternative fuels. The day that you can smelt steel and aluminum using only wind and solar power, let's talk about being a Type 1 civilization.

edit on 3-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

We can smelt steel using energy gather by wind and solar power not to mention Geo thermal. You do know that not everywhere is backwards enough to still be using finite energy sources do you? The only reasons why we are still using fossil fuels is because of greed and ignorance.

There is no money in the next civilization so the economics of alternative fuels is a useless argument.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Reading comprehension is hard. Kaku merely stated that the current terrorists are enemies of progress, and must be overcome before we can move from type 0 to type 1.

Ignorance exists, certainly. Many "grown-ups" can't read or write at a 6th grade level, for example.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I would bet that a large portion of the energy used for the process came from the geothermal, seeing as how of all the examples you provided, geothermal is by far the most efficient source of renewable energy in the market.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Reading comprehension is hard. Kaku merely stated that the current terrorists are enemies of progress, and must be overcome before we can move from type 0 to type 1.

Ignorance exists, certainly. Many "grown-ups" can't read or write at a 6th grade level, for example.

No, that isnt what he said, he was speaking about future persons that oppose the ideas, that are in his opinion necessary for civilization advancement, including cultural acceptance, should be considered terrorists.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If/when we get a one world government, I hope it will become more like the one in Star Trek and less like the "Peacekeeper" one in Farscape..
Though the later option seems more likely to follow the path we are heading for so far.
edit on 3-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join