It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: "If you are against world government you are a terrorist"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hes talking about mankinds transition from a type 0 civilization to a type one civilization. The comment referenced in the title begins at about 3:20, where he states that those that are against this movement are the terrorists...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Juggernog because: Changed the time from 3:30 to 3:20... typo

+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think that terrorist is the wrong word to use, but I completely agree with what he is saying.

Kaku knows that we eventually will have to form a "one world government" in order to step out into the stars......but some people will be against it even if it is for the best of mankind.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Thank you for the post.

I think Kaku is a very intelligent man.

However, I think he watches way too much Star Trek.............

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I agree, though terrorism doesn't always mean murder and mayhem. In this instance, it is terroristic to my sensibilities that we as a species are fighting over borders and religions when we literally have the stepping stones to the universe within our grasp.

We need to get over our own hatreds or we are simply going to snuff ourselves out before we get the chance to really prosper.

Right now we allow a very small percentage of our population to control a vast and overwhelmingly increasing percentage of our worldy resources, resources that are NOT being used to get off of this rock, mind you, but simply being used to control it.

Terrorism indeed.

+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The "terrorists want nothing to do with it"....
And the aliens want nothing to do with shills like him.

Michu- "Yes masters, I'll say whatever you want me to say on camera, thank you for this fake money. I will say whatever you need me to masters, thank you, thank you, snarf snarf."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I listen to his weekly pod cast and this comes as no surprise to me to hear this kind of talk come from him.

He is very much for a world run by a scientific governing body, or so I am lead to believe, buy his carefully crafted comments and presentation of his show.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

link   
Yes, terrorist is the wrong word, but I completely agree, with him. I still don't understand why we are still so segregated, if we all worked together imagine the possibilities. We are divided and therefore conquered, borders help the powerful keep their control.

+2 more 
link   
He is right. A world government is the next step for humanity to move up the ranks. If good people were controlling it at least. Terrorist wasn't the right word to use since it has such a horrible context socially.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Rather dishonest title: he didn't say one-world government, rather he said a planetary civilization tolerant of many cultures, and used the internet as an analogy of it. The only entities that posses weapons of mass destruction or nuclear warfare are governments, and he called them obstacles.

That's sort of what we have right now.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Kaku should go to hongkong
where he will be really appreciated
obviously the american one world hating
terrorist don't fill his coffers enough.

+25 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

where he states that those that are against this movement are the terrorists...

No. That is a gross distortion.
Kaku does not say that those who are against the development of a type one civilization are terrorists. What he says is that present day terrorists are against the changes involved with such a transition, changes we are currently experiencing. This is not the same thing as saying "If you are against world government you are a terrorist."

This is the equivalent of turning the statement "there are Muslim terrorists" into "Muslims are terrorists."

BTW, where does "world government" come into it? Did I miss that part?

edit on 5/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The problem is not a world government but on the type of world government. Only a blind person does not realize that the issues we are now forced to face to be consistently an fairly tackled needs global compliance, from demographics, emigration, disease control, food and energy production not to speak of more ambitious projects they can only be done in full partnership.

The world government that seems to be emerging on the molds of the UN, EU and the WTO is something that I have a huge dislike with...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's so funny to hear people talk about one world government on this planet when there has pretty much been constant war. Even a smart guy like this should realize we can never have a one world government if we haven't even achieved world peace. What r they going to do? Force it on us?
One world government, right now, is a bad bad bad idea, especially since the criminals still have control.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

I copied and pasted the title of the video, as you would see if you visited the channel. His exact wording is irrelevant but his meaning is obvious.
Most do agree, me as well most likely, that if we are to ever, join or be recognized by any type of "alien federation" or whatever, that we ourselves would have to form some type of federation, aka one world government or one government world.
However, I think we are way to immature as a society for that to happen anytime in the near future.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
The problem is not a world government but on the type of world government.

Why does there have to be a world government? Would you spontaneously combust or something if the state abruptly disappeared from the face of the Earth?

Anyone who thinks that scientific or technological progress like space exploration is impossible without a government needs to read Terence Kealey's book The Economic Laws of Scientific Research.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a one world government. so you don't mind if china runs it and your president calls beijing home.

maybe you'd like a russian to set american interest rates.

you'll probably won't mind it either if your members of congress are appointed by the ayatollah khomeini.

kaku is a tool. ask him if he stills want's a one world government with china as it's supreme ruler.

who wants a foreigner setting your laws and determining the direction of your life.

not one people on earth would willingly agree to that.

everybody wants a one world government. with their nation in total control of it.

kaku should only open his mouth when someone asks him a physics questions. what makes people think kaku would know anything out side of his small area of expertise in physics is beyond my understanding.

you don't ask michael jordan how to calculate the load bearing of a building, you ask him about basketball.

kaku's opinion is based on arrogance and ignorance, is totally irrelevant and he shouldn't even talk about things he has absolutely no clue about, like geo-politics and one world governments.

and im not against one world government, im against anybody trying to control my life for their benefit, let alone a communist chinese party leader or a republican corporate tool thousands of miles away.
edit on 2-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I can never get over how people who are suppose to be so smart are at the same time can be so stupid. He should be considered a science fiction writer more than a scientist. I have listened to such trash come out of his mouth over the years. He is simply the front man who replaced Carl Sagan to push the NWO agenda.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I copied and pasted the title of the video, as you would see if you visited the channel. His exact wording is irrelevant but his meaning is obvious.

I'm not blaming you, but I checked the YouTube channels and it seems one-world government is more of an interpretation rather than his implication.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here we go, right on time.

Obama Signs Executive Order Declaring International Law for the United States.
fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
that statement is 100% compliant with recent POTUS (ie, George Bush Jr & his dad) statements regarding delivering democracy to and policing the world, "war" on terror.

the underlying message is this - most people and most countries (other than USA) ARE against world government (NWO) so therefore the statement is if you are against USA (which most aspires a world government on Earth),,

you are a terrorist.

United Nations can also be interpreted into this - especially Agenda 21

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join