It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acclamation...The RNC's Answer To Ron Paul Mischief

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
poster does not understand what is going on. end thread.. stop replying to these type of threads. stop informing the opponent. Let silence do the talking.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 4REVOLUTION

What would we be marching to protest against exactly?

The fact that Dr. Paul is a Republican and seems quite content working within the confines of the party at this point in his life?

Or maybe the fact that we live in a democratic republic and the majority of the population seems quite content with other leaders besides Dr. Paul?

I don't really see what marching and protesting is going to do to change either one of those facts. A revolution like this is going to take time. I think what we need to do is take a deep breath, find some patience and keep working the system 'till the goals of liberty, freedom and peace are realized. Leave the protesting to the Occupy folks. Not to say a good rally doesn't have it's time and place.
edit on 3-5-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: cause

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

And I am telling you, that is Boenher does this, he will have a riot on his hands at the convention from the majority of the delegates.

Oh please...there will be no riots. The Ron Paul supporters aren't going to be all together, they will be scattered throughout the convention hall.

I know for a fact the RNC does not want Paul as their nominee. Obviously they would do many things to prevent it, however - completely destroying the Republican Party from further use is not one of the things I think they would be willing to do. They already have an enormous amount of controversy surrounding the tactics and legitimacy of many of the states primaries, with many GOP officials resigning over such incidents. If they were to do as you were saying, against the support that if most definitely going to be at the convention, they would be committing PARTY SUICIDE.

Allowing Ron Paul to steal the nomination would be Party Suicide. You would have a lot of Republican voters wondering why their "votes" didn't count and how Ron Paul with under 20% support in almost all states got the nomination.

Now I know this may sound appealing to you, and you might think that it is a possibility, and you THINK that, for some odd reason, Ron Paul is going to have zero support at this convention, yet at 2008 RNC, there was quite a lot of support for Paul even there that was clearly audible AND visible - and he wasn't even a viable contender at the time! Do you think somehow, four years later, running in the race, winning majority of delegates state after state, support and financial contributions for the many exponential increased... that somehow that support and presence at the Convention isn't somehow going to increase at the convention this year.

Why would anyone make a claim to know any such number? Apparently you know better then most, because you assume that Paul will have literally NO presence at the convention to speak for him. But let me but it to you this way...

You didn't answer the question...how many Ron Paul supporters do you think will be at the convention???

You seem to know that there will be enough for a riot
, so exactly how many do you think there will be??? Or are you just talking out of your backside?

Remember...you are making the claim...logic 101.

Buuuut.... what I do know is that Ron Paul DOES hold majority delegates in Iowa, Washington, Minnesota, Louisiana, and a handful of other states- all of which it has been proven that the MAJORITY of those delegates have openly given their support to Ron Paul.

Does he???

Funny...most of those states haven't had their convention yet...you must be psychic....or just uninformed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Thanks, this is exactly what I am talking about.

I'm not advocating for them to do it...I don't even think it will be necessary...but it is a very valid possibility IF Ron Paul attempts to cause trouble.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
2 words.

Third party.

Quite Possible.

In fact...I might do my next thread on Ron Paul's path to a third party run.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I should have clarified. I'm stating that if people are up in arms over potential voter fraud and other shady things, why don't they protest?! Why don't they just do something other than be a Keyboard Warrior!?!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by IndieA
2 words.

Third party.

Quite Possible.

In fact...I might do my next thread on Ron Paul's path to a third party run.

For an Obama supporter, you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about what Ron Paul is doing

edit on 3-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

I can only speak for Arizona but we won't be voting for acclamation of Romney for sure!!!

Even though Romney won the popular vote at our state convention on May 12th , it seems that about 40% of the NATIONAL delegates will be Ron Paul supporters. The vote hasn't happened yet but about 40% of the STATE delegates are True RP supporters and 25% are Santorum/Gingrich supporters. We are winning over about 50% of the Santorum/Gingrich delegates and so expect our national delegation to be about 40%. We have to fight the McCain Kyl team out here and that is NOT easy!

As someone else pointed out...you are not a national delegate...and you would think you would know that if you are so involved

If you only have 40% of the delegates that are Ron Paul supporters...that means there are 60% that aren't and can vote to suspend the rules.

I think you, like all other Paul supporters are way over-estimating their delegation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Thanks, I concede that this is a possibility, after researching a bit with google. I am no expert, but, it appears that you have a valid point.

I'm glad you were able to look into it yourself.

And again...I'm not saying I'm hoping the RNC does this or that they should do this...it is just what I think they will do if Ron Paul plays his own games.

For the record, I don't think Paul should play his games...the people have voted and that should be honored.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Right now my primary reason for wanting to see RP elected is for Outkast.

I am betting that his head will explode from all of the frustration.

And I would LOVE for that to happen.

I would love Obama to face someone that has 5-10% support nationally.

I don't live in the Ron Paul fantasy world where 99% of "the people" support Ron Paul...I live in reality where and Obama vs Paul election would be the biggest landslide in history.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Why does this matter? It matters because Romney will NOT have the delegates needed to win the Nomination.

He will almost certainly have enough Bound delegates at the time of the convention.

It doesn't matter if Ron Paul doesn't drop out...the rules will be suspended by acclamation and Romney will be nominated the same way.

The circumstances between the Dems in 2008 and the Repubs in 2012 is like night and day. Not to mention the simple fact that , as we all saw in Outkast's previous thread, he is working with completely faulty information from the start in relation to Delegates. If anyone took the time to look into his source information they would have clearly seen how delegates were awarded to Candidates in places that have yet to actually assign delegates yet

In the "soft counts"...I really didn't think two counts on the same page would cause such a comprehension problem...but apparently it did.

You repeatedly tried to disprove the "hard counts" by giving examples of "soft count" states.

And it appears you still don't get it.

Hypothetically (for Paul supporters), IF Ron Paul loses the nomination...when are you going to admit he lost? Or are you going to forever cry fraud???

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think you, like all other Paul supporters are way over-estimating their delegation.

Don't you think yourself, and others like you on ATS are under-estimating his delegation as well? There is no clear answer at this point. If we are over-estimating Ron Paul like you say, then you are clearly over-estimating Romney and his delegation. Which doesn't make sense, because you will be backing Obama anyways. So what is the point for upping Romney?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

For an Obama supporter, you sure do spend a lot of time worrying about what Ron Paul is doing

Obama isn't campaigning yet...this is the only game to comment on.

I'm a Chicago Bears fan...but on weekends when they don't play...I still watch football...imagine that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

And I would LOVE for that to happen. I would love Obama to face someone that has 5-10% support nationally. I don't live in the Ron Paul fantasy world where 99% of "the people" support Ron Paul...I live in reality where and Obama vs Paul election would be the biggest landslide in history.

You know the saying "be careful what you wish for...". Your post proves your so out of touch with reality, that you just might never return. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Don't you think yourself, and others like you on ATS are under-estimating his delegation as well? There is no clear answer at this point. If we are over-estimating Ron Paul like you say, then you are clearly over-estimating Romney and his delegation. Which doesn't make sense, because you will be backing Obama anyways. So what is the point for upping Romney?

Work that logic out for me...how does "if we are over-estimating Ron Paul" imply "you are clearly over-estimating Romney"???

It's hard to make sense of your posts...because you clearly don't have a firm grasp on logic.

I don't think the numbers I am using is over-estimating Romney's delegation as of right now...if anything it is under-estimating it because I'm using the "hard count" that only counts Bound delegates. That's it...nothing else.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

This, outkast. THIS is why I can't take you seriously. Not campaigning?

That has got to be a joke.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom

And I would LOVE for that to happen. I would love Obama to face someone that has 5-10% support nationally. I don't live in the Ron Paul fantasy world where 99% of "the people" support Ron Paul...I live in reality where and Obama vs Paul election would be the biggest landslide in history.

You know the saying "be careful what you wish for...". Your post proves your so out of touch with reality, that you just might never return. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

The reality I live in says that the general election will be Romney vs Obama.

What does yours say???

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq

This, outkast. THIS is why I can't take you seriously. Not campaigning?

That has got to be a joke.

He first official campaign event is on this Saturday

He has had no one to campaign against up until this point...now that Santorum and Gingrich have dropped out...he can start campaigning against Romney.

And yes Paul supporters...I am ignoring Paul...because he is irrelevant.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's hard to make sense of your posts...because you clearly don't have a firm grasp on logic.

No I just think your dyslexic and can't read period...It makes perfect sense buddy...You said we are over-estimating Paul, and I say you are really under-estimating him, period...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join