It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acclamation...The RNC's Answer To Ron Paul Mischief

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
Except that this video is just Hillary Clinton conceding in the race. This will not happen if Paul doesn't voluntarily suspend his campaign and concede the race to Mitt Romney. No chance, no how. About as much chance of that happening as there is Ron Paul supporting Mitt's candidacy.

Outkast is persistent in his efforts, but seldom uses facts.

Hillary didn't suspend her campaign...she motioned to suspend the rules and vote for Obama by acclamation.

Talk about seldomly using facts.

Actually she did end her campaign 2 months before the convention. Ironic you mention facts when you don't use any

In the video...Hillary didn't suspend her campaign.

Context...please stay within context...I never said Hillary never suspended her campaign...I was speaking in context of the video.

Wow.

Why would she need to suspend her campaign at the convention when she already suspended it before the convention?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
2 words.

Third party.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Six words.

I wish, but not gonna happen.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Why would she need to suspend her campaign at the convention when she already suspended it before the convention?

Wow...just wow...please go re-read the post I responded to.

This is a basic comprehension problem with you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by bl4ke360

Wow...just wow...please go re-read the post I responded to.

This is a basic comprehension problem with you.

There's nothing to comprehend if you didn't explain anything.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The reason they cant get it is cause there too many Paul supporters lol, so they still show support outside.

Go Ron Paul.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Mayhem and riots?

Oh please. The majority of people won't give a #.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Doalrite

Mayhem and riots?

Oh please. The majority of people won't give a #.

A loud minority always has a much larger presence than a quiet majority.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can only speak for Arizona but we won't be voting for acclamation of Romney for sure!!!

Even though Romney won the popular vote at our state convention on May 12th , it seems that about 40% of the NATIONAL delegates will be Ron Paul supporters. The vote hasn't happened yet but about 40% of the STATE delegates are True RP supporters and 25% are Santorum/Gingrich supporters. We are winning over about 50% of the Santorum/Gingrich delegates and so expect our national delegation to be about 40%. We have to fight the McCain Kyl team out here and that is NOT easy!

We know how the system works and it is very easy to control. We got into the party 4 years ago and have been going to the monthly meetings and precinct walks... we have been active and entrenched. We are becoming the new republican party and we hope you like it.

Since this is a republic and not a democracy, the state rules apply as to how the national delegation votes and we don't have to vote the way the popular vote went down. The law states we must try with good conscious to vote the way our precinct/legislative district votes and I will try but with good conscious, I will not be able vote for anyone but Ron Paul.

The next recession in 2013 will happen whoever is president - but only RP has a budget that will cut 1 T in the first year... and I will vote to save the republic every time. Romney or Obama will not be able to handle the coming depression.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

2 words

Won't happen!

RP won't ruin his son's chances at president in 2016.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just want to ask the OP a simple question. What is so wrong with the message of freedom and liberty? I don't understand why there is such hatred for Ron Paul. Is it because he is Republican? I'm just curious.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This would simply strengthen the spreading awakening.

I say do it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm fine with Obama winning

That's annoying. Don't be annoying like that please

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

I know that you are not a delegate to the National Convention since Arizona hasn't held their state convention yet but I am curious about a couple points. Assume that you are elected to go to Tampa.

1. I know Arizonia's delegates are bound, so what are the exact circumstances that release you from Romney?

2. If OutKast's scenerio happens and Boehner calls for a suspension of the rules by voice vote and an immediate voice vote by acclamation, what would be your personal reaction?

3. Since Arizona lost half their delegates, is the party sending the other half in a non-voting role, and if so, is there a fear the non-voting delegates will be packed with the Paul supporters?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thanks, I concede that this is a possibility, after researching a bit with google. I am no expert, but, it appears that you have a valid point.

I suppose there could be a division call to have the votes clarified, but this might be ignored?

My opinion is that, Paul himself, will advise his delegates, not to abstain, or vote against their binding.
If and when Romney gets 1144 'uncontested' bound delegates, I feel that Paul will claim it's over. There is enough division in the party now; and, I do not see him endorsing Romney.

If it gets to the point, where rule changes are made, based solely on the Chairman's perception of the audible votes, they are gonna need a lot of security around the "free speech zones", they set up across town from the convention; and, possibly within the convention itself.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ogbert

He stated a conspiracy theory on how "TPTB or mainstream republicans" could "steal" the nomination from Ron Paul. If the OP was from another user, say a Ron Paul supporter, people wouldn't have a problem with the thread. But since the theory is from a person that doesn't like RP the thread is filled with adhominem attacks and called dis-info.

Yes, there are many emotions brewing. Outkast does his best to derail most Paul supporters; and, it seems that he can be a bit overbearing at times, so I can understand why this is happening. As another poster pointed out, he seems to take great delight in finding weaknesses in arguments and invalidating those, who respond with emotion. He seems to have a talent for it.

Appreciate your reply.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Right now my primary reason for wanting to see RP elected is for Outkast.

I am betting that his head will explode from all of the frustration.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

For he so loved ATS, that he forgot about the world and placed all his political ambition on the failure of one man's opinion.

Sorry, came to mind as I read that and LOL.

Wouldn't it just be lovely?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by IndieA

Six words.

I wish, but not gonna happen.

See, this is the problem!

Why don't Ron Paul supporters that think "oh, it's not gonna happen" STAND UP? What happened to people Marching and other public forms of Protest (peaceful)?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nice video....

Now let me tell everyone else what the problem here is. The video is shot at the Democratic Convention in August of 2008. Hilary Clinton dropped out of the Presidential Race in June of 2008. At the time of this "Acclimation", no one else was running against Obama. He had already won enough delegates. This was not a brokered Convention.

Why does this matter? It matters because Romney will NOT have the delegates needed to win the Nomination. We will have a brokered Convention and Ron Paul is not dropping out of the race.

The circumstances between the Dems in 2008 and the Repubs in 2012 is like night and day. Not to mention the simple fact that , as we all saw in Outkast's previous thread, he is working with completely faulty information from the start in relation to Delegates. If anyone took the time to look into his source information they would have clearly seen how delegates were awarded to Candidates in places that have yet to actually assign delegates yet

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join