It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acclamation...The RNC's Answer To Ron Paul Mischief

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Hey Lord of Arcadia (sounds like a nice place, can i visit??)

anyway - as far as your questions -

1) i believe i could abstain on the first round but i haven't read the actual by-laws... I would really have to read them to answer your question but I would do as the RP Campaign instructs... i tend to think they would want me to follow the rules - after all, that is exactly what we have been doing all along! I do know that when i asked my RP district leader his answer was that the by laws state 'we have to try with every effort' to vote the way the general voters voted...

2) No i would not acclaim Romney - I would not vote for him, i would abstain... (I think I would abstain even if the campaign told me not to - but the consequences would determine my actions!)

3) I am not sure how many we would send - i think we would send the 29 delegates and alternates and then just use the alternates if the RNC re-instated us.. but i don't see that happening as we also held a 'winner take all' type of election which was also a NO NO ! That's a good question that I will ask my Legislative District Chairman... And I know the establishment fears us - they feared us 4 years ago when there were a lot of us delegates at the state convention... not as many as this year though!

The sad part is why any American would fear liberty and freedom - after all, that is what makes us great!

Oh I feel the need to stress one point many republicans make about RP and his foreign policy - I am a Desert Storm Veteran - Air Assault Infantry -- and I KNOW his foreign policy would make the US safer....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have been saying this about Paul supporters all along...and now you admit it...you have created your own "reality" where Ron Paul is wildly popular and winning the nomination.

What happens to that "reality" when he actually loses?

It is apparent though, and it is no surprise, that I am not the only one who thinks RP should win. What I will admit is that the MSM is hindering peoples ability to think rationally by forcing them to believe the reality that the MSM wants them to see....BS not in my book

If he does lose I will still have my dignity. No matter what the MSM will not change my reality...
edit on 3-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

But I have to ask, if you don't respect the founders of our nation, who do you respect? Certainly they had their faults, just as Paul has his faults, but without them honestly ask yourself where we would be today?

I respect many people, none that you would know. I don't worship the founders or any other historical figures as idols...like you said...everyone has their faults.

No one knows where we would be today without the revolution...that is a true rhetorical question...we may be better off, we may not be...no one knows.

But I still won't take my definition of "freedom" from the actions or words of the founders.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Jagermeister

But I have to ask, if you don't respect the founders of our nation, who do you respect? Certainly they had their faults, just as Paul has his faults, but without them honestly ask yourself where we would be today?

I respect many people, none that you would know. I don't worship the founders or any other historical figures as idols...like you said...everyone has their faults.

No one knows where we would be today without the revolution...that is a true rhetorical question...we may be better off, we may not be...no one knows.

But I still won't take my definition of "freedom" from the actions or words of the founders.

Fair enough. I appreciate the dialogue. Good luck in the election.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

As someone else pointed out...you are not a national delegate...and you would think you would know that if you are so involved

I never said that i was a national delegate - where did you read that? Perhaps you just didn't understand that May 12th hasn't happened yet - like I stated from the beginning. Please re-read my comment on page 8 so you can see how you didn't comprehend what was written.

In Arizona, it seems we can either abstain on the first vote or vote for who we want per the wording of the by-laws (I haven't read them myself but they state something to the effect 'we need to make every effort' to vote the way the public voted...) I would abstain on the first round and then I would vote for RP in the second round.

The RNC will not try any underhanded tactics against us because if they have any chance of beating Obama they will need to incorporate some of Ron Paul's positions - and respect him.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

I have been saying this about Paul supporters all along...and now you admit it...you have created your own "reality" where Ron Paul is wildly popular and winning the nomination.

What happens to that "reality" when he actually loses?

It is apparent though, and it is no surprise, that I am not the only one who thinks RP should win. What I will admit is that the MSM is hindering peoples ability to think rationally by forcing them to believe the reality that the MSM wants them to see....BS not in my book

If he does lose I will still have my dignity. No matter what the MSM will not change my reality...

So what you just said there summed up is, if you don't vote for Ron Paul...you are irrational and don't think for yourself...right???

And this is the whole cult of Ron Paul, "we are right, you are wrong" philosophy...and it is the definition of an logical fallacy. I'll let you look up which one it is.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

You make a good point not only do I have to hear it from the MSM, but on a forum board as well...I will save this board for conspiracies only...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So what you just said there summed up is, if you don't vote for Ron Paul...you are irrational and don't think for yourself...right???

Where did you get all that gibberish from...I am voting for RP where did I say I wasn't? No, I do think for myself because I don't let the MSM hinder my abilities to choose. All I have to do is look at his long track record, and his credentials...Seems legitimate to me...

link   

TextBut you didn't answer my question...what does your reality tell you about the general election???

My reality tells me the game is rigged and whoever has the better "system" to facilitate their victory will be the winner. Rmoney's vote flipping Diebold hackers may be trumped by Obama's ace in the hole: "vote tallying" by online voting company SCYTL which bought the largest vote processing corporation in the United States, by doing so, it also acquired the means of manufacturing the outcome of the 2012 election. Perhaps Obama had reason for supreme confidence when he said “after my reelection” rather than “in case of”.

Here is a excerpt from SCYTL's website dated March 12, 2012 and a link to the source.

Scytl’s election management subsidiary, SOE Software, has recently been selected by the Arkansas Secretary of State’s Division of Elections to provide its Clarity ENR solution and enhance the State’s web presentation of Election Night Results. With this selection, Arkansas will join over 800 Election jurisdictions in 13 states that leverage the industry leading election results solution.

Something tells me that SCYTL will be "leveraging" more than just the election results industry.

That, my friend IS the sad reality.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by brettrix

If you aren't a national delegate (or if you aren't claiming you are)...why write stuff like this.

The law states we must try with good conscious to vote the way our precinct/legislative district votes and I will try but with good conscious, I will not be able vote for anyone but Ron Paul.

You are implying you are a delegate that has a vote at the convention.

I think someone is counting their chickens a bit too early.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Holy crap Outkast what don't you get? If RP isn't a big threat like you think he is then why the hell is he being ignored?...It should be fair that he gets television time just like everyone else to put his message out without blocking him out...Period

Stop with the BS semantics already. Seriously it is making it more obvious you don't like the guy, and like the MSM you will do anything to persuade people into thinking that RP isn't their best choice...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Have you seen the Crowds lately???

But "the Crowds" don't seem to translate into votes for Paul.

If by some miracle Paul and his supporters circumvent the convention and win the nomination he will not even have the support of the majority of his own party.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If RP isn't a big threat like you think he is then why the hell is he being ignored?

Why would anyone waste resources on someone that doesn't matter?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Thank you for making my point even clearer...Hahahahaha

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Thank you for making my point even clearer...Hahahahaha

What is your point? Ron Paul isn't a threat, and therefore doesn't get any airtime?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Right now my primary reason for wanting to see RP elected is for Outkast.

I am betting that his head will explode from all of the frustration.

And I would LOVE for that to happen.

I would love Obama to face someone that has 5-10% support nationally.

I don't live in the Ron Paul fantasy world where 99% of "the people" support Ron Paul...I live in reality where and Obama vs Paul election would be the biggest landslide in history.

That's the worst logic I've ever seen, if Ron Paul is the nominee all republicans will vote for him, and a good amount of democrats will as well. Or are you seriously suggesting most republicans would vote for Obama rather than Ron Paul?
edit on 5/3/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Outkast Searcher,

Really, you should be ashamed of yourself. Why would you support a President who signs NDAA legislation on New Years Eve? Encourages law enforcement to restrict freedom of speech and not one prosecution of those who caused the economic collapse? Escalates wars? What's wrong with you?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

What is your point? Ron Paul isn't a threat, and therefore doesn't get any airtime?

Because Outkast thinks that he is not, yet Outkast, and others alike are working so diligently to keep RP out of the picture... Am I wrong?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

That's the worst logic I've ever seen, if Ron Paul is the nominee all republicans will vote for him, and a good amount of democrats will as well. Or are you seriously suggesting most republicans will vote for Obama rather than Ron Paul?

I'm suggesting that the Republican voter who just had their vote cancelled out by Ron Paul supporters will be very angry at Ron Paul and will have very little motivation to go out and vote for him. This is why I really do hope Ron Paul gets the nomination...Republicans will have the lowest turnout in decades.

The Democrat crossover is a myth...where have they been in the open primary states???

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join