It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water bills should rise say House of Lords committee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In a time where every bill is going up a bunch of goverment types think its a good idea
to add more to our bills to as they put it protect increasingly scarce water supplies.

The report by the Lords committee, called An Indispensable Resource, said that “urgent action is required” to protect the availability and quality of water in the UK and other European countries. One of the its proposed solutions is for “the cost of water to rise”.

When exactly did the UK become a dryed out husk of a country as this seems over kill.
We all need water and a Lord Carter of Cole (never heard of him) thinks its best to get
the public to pay more to get less.

Lord Carter of Coles, the chairman of the committee, said: “Governments across the EU need to act decisively, and grasp the nettle of allowing the cost of water to rise where other measures fail to overcome water scarcity.”

Telegraph

Patrick Carter, Lord Carter of Coles

Why is it that the rich always think the best way to get the public to do what they want is
to price it out of reach of people who are already having a hard time.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I live down south. In my little town there are three rivers that pour BILLIONS of gallons of good clean fresh water straight into the sea every time it rains. This caused me to look a little closer and I now see it happens everywhere.

What a bl**dy scam.

Another thing. People seem to think the world is running out of water, where do they think its going too? do they thing the world has a leak and its pouring out into space?
edit on 2-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

join