It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does DHS Need Cameras On Such a Small Lake???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's my story; I live a stone's throw away from Lake St. Clair, which is quite small in comparison to the great lakes, and I got to work near where DHS has installed some pretty powerful cameras close to the Canadian/American border. From where the tower was installed the Canadian shoreline is clearly visible. When these camera's were installed I had the opportunity of talking to an "agent" (if that's what you call them) about what they were capable of, he told me that the cameras could read the letters on the beer you are drinking on your boat at a quarter mile. Sweet, now I'm being watched when I'm trying to enjoy myself on the lake. The claim is that these cameras are for border patrol, to help stop illegal aliens from crossing from Canada to America. I find this somewhat odd, recently have I seen a large increase in border patrol vehicles in my neighborhood, and now this motion tracking camera business? Are there THAT many people trying to cross the border here? Has drug smuggling gotten this out of hand? I can only wonder...

So here is the top of the tower. It's about the height of your normal cell phone tower, but, has cameras and lots of doo-hickeys on it. The yellow circle is, at least what I was told, the motion tracker. I'm not exactly sure the distance but it was definitely tracking freighters and boats through the fog this morning (honestly it was kind of cool to watch). The red is obviously the camera. And I still don't know what the mount in the blue circle is for. I have yet to see them attempt to put anything here. It's not a mount for a third camera otherwise I assume that it would be circular.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No one wants to come to the US, so it's just to watch our own citizens.

Why would anyone want to come here with our DHS?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is the tower from a distance, as you can see it seems to look similar to a cell phone tower...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

That's what I figured too, especially over the Detroit border? I mean, come on...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why? Because they can, Because stupid people ask for it because they THINK it will keep them safe!

I agree who wants to sneak in here. Hell we just had a record of illegal immigrants.......

LEAVING the country!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
hey my friend made a community website where people can post spots of weird things and what not and other people can find them, I think you should add this in. exposurespots.com... it's definitely odd placement for a huge rack of cameras.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's actually very simple: DHS has a gigantic budget and is fat, fat, fat with employees. Their only job is to pretend there are terrorists in every treetop. Soooo, guess what? There are terrorists in every treetop!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The camera circled in yellow is a thermal imager, presumably for long range night time viewing. You can tell because it has a a germanium (opaque) window instead of glass. So the camera coupled to it is probably a regular day time camera. The camera set to the left looks the same. Couple hundred thousand dollars worth of thermal imaging gear there. The cent mount may be empty but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a small antenna on top of it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thanks I was about the color of that lens. I figured it had to be some sort of thermal but I wasn't 100% sure

CX

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
And I still don't know what the mount in the blue circle is for. I have yet to see them attempt to put anything here.

That will be the mount for the .50 cal.....all in good time.

CX.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You know I was thinking about it and it is looks EXACTLY like a cell phone tower. I think they disguised it. Also they painted it green, I've never seen one of these towers painted green. And it's nice and tucked between all these trees...of course they don't want people seeing it.

new topics

top topics

join