It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in seven thinks end of world is coming: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nearly 15 percent of people worldwide believe the world will end during their lifetime and 10 percent think the Mayan calendar could signify it will happen in 2012, according to a new poll. The end of the Mayan calendar, which spans about 5,125 years, on December 21, 2012 has sparked interpretations and suggestions that it marks the end of the world. "Whether they think it will come to an end through the hands of God, or a natural disaster or a political event, whatever the reason, one in seven thinks the end of the world is coming," said Keren Gottfried, research manager at Ipsos Global Public Affairs which conducted the poll for Reuters. "Perhaps it is because of the media attention coming from one interpretation of the Mayan prophecy that states the world 'ends' in our calendar year 2012," Gottfried said, adding that some Mayan scholars have disputed the interpretation. Responses to the international poll of 16,262 people in more than 20 countries varied widely with only six percent of French residents believing in an impending Armageddon in their lifetime, compared to 22 percent in Turkey and the United States and slightly less in South Africa and Argentina.

What about everyone on ATS? Is it really coming, or much a do about nothing... Personally, I dont think I have the knowledge to know either way, and thats pretty much my stance on all things the universe.

article
edit on 2-5-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dunno, 15% of people have an IQ below 85 as well....

Not that I don't think we're on an entirely unsustainable path, and that it could all come crashing down any year now...but still...I don't know much about this 2012 hogwash, at the very least.
edit on 2-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Take a look at the world. You'd have to be crazy to NOT think we were going to kill ourselves.

A car whose parts are continually battering each other doesn't last long. Why should the human race?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

In my opinion, something big is bound to happen soon, but whether it'll end the world, time will tell.
edit on 5/3/2012 by ind1ca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
the mayans were ancient prophets or the shadow government (babylon) is gonna use that date for the cancer mutant zombie apocalypse thats gonna occur that day DONT EAT THE ZOMBIES OR W/E

top topics

join