It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wolves need your help

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
The deer are just trying to move about in the only way they know how - it isn't their fault that the entire goddamn planet is crisscrossed by unnatural manmade features. Our desire to drive to Walgreens at 3am for some Cherry Garcia means nothing to them, nor should it.

Hmmm...OK...tell me more....

edit on 4-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You mean to have your intestines eaten in front of you while you die? They eat you while you are still alive. I'd like to see which you would choose in the end, wolves or a bullet?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

The deer are just trying to move about in the only way they know how - it isn't their fault that the entire goddamn planet is crisscrossed by unnatural manmade features. Our desire to drive to Walgreens at 3am for some Cherry Garcia means nothing to them, nor should it.

Hmmm...OK...tell me more....

Way to go, you posted a video of a redneck in front a deer with no lead-up footage, maybe he was a dummy like the guy in the 2nd video you posted who had covered himself in hormone rich female deer urine during rut season, and that male deer didn't like that he got fooled. He should be pissed. You need better evidence than this, pal.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

You mean to have your intestines eaten in front of you while you die? They eat you while you are still alive. I'd like to see which you would choose in the end, wolves or a bullet?

If it meant I would miss my chance to be a part of natural cycle of things, yes, I would. Ever see where the humane society puts their euthanized pets? In big urban mass graves, where they are not used to fertilize soil or feed other animals, unless you count the flies.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Keeping an intelligent, independent animal as an entertainment slave is a worse fate than a bullet in the brain ;/

There is a natural grace to wild creatures, but at the same time domesticated pets like horses and dogs have evolved over thousands of years to have a symbiotic relationship with mankind. Both love and utility are exchanged in that relationship and the benefit is mutual. I would not categorize pets as slaves, affording the pet owner is a good human being.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The guys in the video were killed? No.......ok moving on. Tis what happens when you put female esterus on you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If it meant I would miss my chance to be a part of natural cycle of things, yes, I would. Ever see where the humane society puts their euthanized pets? In big urban mass graves, where they are not used to fertilize soil or feed other animals, unless you count the flies.

That isn't what I did with my dog. I took her home with me, and would have never let her been thrown in a dump, or eaten by wolves.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Keeping an intelligent, independent animal as an entertainment slave is a worse fate than a bullet in the brain ;/

There is a natural grace to wild creatures, but at the same time domesticated pets like horses and dogs have evolved over thousands of years to have a symbiotic relationship with mankind. Both love and utility are exchanged in that relationship and the benefit is mutual. I would not categorize pets as slaves, affording the pet owner is a good human being.

You have a good point but at the end of the day we are talking about buying and selling live creatures. Being everyday ashamed to be a human, I cannot put my life above that of any other creature in terms of value to the earth. I do not believe we understand how other animals think, either, so I am not prepared to say that domesticated animals love their lifestyles. Some do, but then again there are housecats that will bolt out the door 100% of the time.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Tis what happens when you put female esterus on you.

There are a lot of one liners that come to mind...but I am worried about T&C

Regardless, you get my point...10,000 times better chance of being struck by lightening than being killed by a wolf.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I get your point, but I think a majority of the complaints were about the balance of other animals. I live in wolf county, and I haven't met one person who was afraid to go in the woods because of wolves. You are much more likely to be attacked by a momma bear with cubs.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
By the way guys, I am going to be living this summer in this Rocky mountains near the Canadian border and I will tell you that I am far more concerned about the wolves and mountain lions than I am about bears. Everyone that expresses concern for my safety is so worried about the bears!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yes, bears are much more of a threat to humans than wolves. Buy some bear mace.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

show me the evidence of them ever attacking a human please .

Wolf attacks documented

I was gonna link you the whole thing.........but there wasnt enough room the quote was too big.....

You have no idea what you are talking about........

and those saying they kill for no reason and leave the carcass there there not there comeing back and forth to the kill when there hungry, just like we go to the fridge.

again have you spent ANY time in the wild? This from my experience and what ive see, not to mention reports is CLEARLY not true....

Sounds to me like you are faking your experience...........if you have any.....

Youre not gonna be able to hold off a pack of wolves with a stick and loud noises when these guys make a decision that youre going down.........i can tell you that point blank.....

In one of those cases above

Manitoba. North of Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. The victim's bones were found among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four had been clubbed to death. Only after his rifle stock was smashed did the trapper apparently cease to fight and succumb to the wolf pack.[50]

get real.......

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

go back to sleep.
im not very articulate thats why i dont post much.

but trust me i know alot about wolf behavior
and your right you dont know my background

you have no idea

i know what i wrote in my last post is right even against
a large pack.
and maybe they dident come back to feed on those carcass
because it had your dirty sent on them after moveing them

and anyway dont humans waste alot of food?
so why shouldent they?

seriously i know im right.
and i would have no fear walking in wolf country at night.

to all the wolf haters i don't want to know you, so dont bother
replying to me.

if i was in the us i would get a nice L115A3 rifle and go hunting
the wolf murderers

might sound a bit extreme to you but i value the wolves more
than the people wanting them dead.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I get your point, but I think a majority of the complaints were about the balance of other animals. I live in wolf county, and I haven't met one person who was afraid to go in the woods because of wolves. You are much more likely to be attacked by a momma bear with cubs.

Good enough...then enough of the fiction and fear mongering about wolves. They are wild animals and dangerous when cornered, just like any other wild animal, but are more averse to human interaction than otehr large predators like bear and mountain lions. I place the wolf as being more shy of people than bears, but perhaps less shy than say a bobcat, which will smell and avoid people from literally miles away.

If we are talking about "balance of other animals"...Wolves occupied north America for thousands of years before we arrived and I am confident that nature had a purpose and that thier absense is felt by nature given thier prominent place in the foodchain.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

show me the evidence of them ever attacking a human please .

Wolf attacks documented

I was gonna link you the whole thing.........but there wasnt enough room the quote was too big.....

Did you read that article?...Rabbies...Habituation (folks trying to domesticate or get cudly etc.) etc. etc.

Always unusual and limited circumstances...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, bears are much more of a threat to humans than wolves. Buy some bear mace.

I am going with a couple of cans because I do not use firearms and though people love to recommend them to me, I believe I will continue to resist. Did you ever see the bear man of Kamchatka? That guy is great, he would walk up the wild male bears and just yell 'bad bear' and it worked. He carried a small pepper spray that was it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

again have you spent ANY time in the wild? This from my experience and what ive see, not to mention reports is CLEARLY not true....

Sounds to me like you are faking your experience...........if you have any.....

ive spent plenty of time in the wild, jungles, deserts and arctic.
PLENTY OF TIME

and i have no idea how to sort this post out.
edit on 4/5/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Manitoba. North of Fisher river on Lake Winnipeg. The victim's bones were found among the remains of 11 wolves. Seven had been shot and four had been clubbed to death. Only after his rifle stock was smashed did the trapper apparently cease to fight and succumb to the wolf pack.[50]

1922 Newspaper article. A time when papers made up and embelished wild tales to sell newspapers. There are newspaper stories from that period about boogie men etc. etc. all types of fantastic stories. Not buying the unsubstantiated claim from 100 years ago.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by slaine1978
reply to post by redhorse

if i was in the us i would get a nice L115A3 rifle and go hunting
the wolf murderers

might sound a bit extreme to you but i value the wolves more
than the people wanting them dead.

Please get the help you need before you hurt someone. You are not sane.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join