It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Really Need Someone To Tell You About The Lines In The Sky?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
One of my most vivid memories form the 1960s and 70s as a young boy was lying in the grass watching the jet airliners fly over and watching the contrails form. Some evaporated quickly, some persisted and spread out, depending on atmospheric conditions, just like today. So cherry pick your sources all you want - contrails have been around since motorized aviation. They're no different today - there's just more of them.

edit on 2-5-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

That is a good one...I have asked every person i can about seeing lines, not one ever remember them EVER persisting, but all dissipated in under 5 minutes, usually under 2 minutes.

My most vivid memories, with my buddies, cousins, is watching the skies as i lived near an airport...and actually timing these trails, wondering how some of them lasted up to 4-5 minutes when almost ALL of them were gone within what looked like 20 plane lengths, behind the planes.

And an INCREDIBLE memory in 1999, hearing it would be CLOUDLESS for the next 4 days, and then the sun got blotted out by something.....and looking up to see this MASSIVE cloud coming out of a plane..completely destroying the atmosphere, we had a group of 60 RC'ing in a park, and a COLLECTIVE WTF came from us all...since then everyone knew something was up... as we were PISSED at the 10 celsius drop in temps and the inability to tan suddenly.

We hung out outside in parks for years, flying planes launching rockets, going to lakes, sunbathing, since that day in 1999 an incredible amount of days have been TOTALLY ruined by this new invention.. yes NEW Mr.Weedbird

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stolisGreece

Your post is so interesting. I have questions. So in the 2009 election, why did the PM call it when he could have held out till 2011? Did the ecologists basically lose ground and take a back seat under the new regime? Did the protests against austerity programs and higher taxes end, keep on or just fade away as spraying escalated? Is the current PM sympathetic to ecological concerns? Are the polls for this coming election showing a person sympathetic or not to ecological concerns?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ah, what would a chemtrail thread be without proudbird?

He/she works like clockwork. Never misses a chemtrail thread. It's almost as if debunking any and all threads pertaining to them is is...*gasp* his job!

Suspicious indeed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

It's possible that damaging radiation from the Sun is a concern and there is an attempt to block it...but not sure if this program is effective or well advised.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I was in the Army as a radar operator the Op4 would use chaff to show multiple targets
or cause "whiteout" on the screen.

Scientist use drop chaff into tornadoes to help their studies.

Showing old pictures or movies doesn't help prove anything against today due to the Octane of fuels,
engine performance, is the old footage shot at 15,000 ft in July and trying to compare against 30,000 ft
in February, for starters.

I also see aircraft making big sweeping turns on a regular basis; they're either UPS or DHL judging by
the colors I can make out, and even the passenger aircraft make slight turns from time to time.

Video is from the documentary "Memphis Belle", start at 3:39, and you may want to turn the music
down, depending on your taste.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

It's possible that damaging radiation from the Sun is a concern and there is an attempt to block it...but not sure if this program is effective or well advised.

I don't know about that, just look at all the ways they
are killing us off little by little, you think they would go out
the way by starting a massive aerial campaign to protect
us from radiation? it is a possibility though maybe a double purpose
protect the elite and at the same time poison us, maybe they have
a way to protect themselves from what they are spraying.. but who really
knows, what we do know is that this is happening, almost everywhere

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by YourDreamsCanceled

DO YOU REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TELL YOU that today we have somewhere between 50-70,000 flights per DAY

Many people I know take 2,3 or more holidays abroad per year, I can do 20 business flights in a year compare those figs to the years the videos were taken

edit on 3-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

I grew up in the 70s and I saw contrails all the time and they stuck around especially in the winter. You see I am something of an aviation hobbist and so when I hear a plane I nearly always look up. Persistent contrails have been around for nearly as long as man has been in the sky. I could post plenty of pictures of the sky after WWII dogfights and they look like an etch a sketch gone mad but whats the point, chemtrailer worldview is founded in belief not fact.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Do you really need someone to tell you how ridiculous your statement is ?
It does'nt matter how many planes !
If they were 'normal' contrails they would dissipate at 'normal' rates, not linger !

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm not hereto twist anyone's titties or even discredit the possibility of cloud seeding or some other atmospheric experimentation, but the videos appear, for the most part to be in clear blue skies. High pressure systems in which clouds don't form. I'm on vacation in jacksonville Fl right now watching persistent contrails form amongst a bunch of wispy (Cirrus?) Clouds. The same conditions that i often see persistent contrails in. I just don't see why this phenomena is understood by so few. Water vapor in the atmosphere, in conditions favorable for cloud formations, making clouds is.... totally reasonable. It is my opinion that 99% of chemtrail sightings are due to a lack of understanding.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

This is a story on the new chaff. It's basically saying that the U.S. Navy reached out to the private sector, inviting them to submit countermeasures that would involve a cloud of nano particles which would obscure heat. The call went out in 2009, I believe, and this is 2012 although the article is saying that the call went out on April 27 of this year. The article says that countermeasures using these materials for UV are already in use so maybe that's what came of the 2009 outreach.

Navy Wants to Hide Aircraft from Heat-Seeking Missiles

A cloud of tiny particles to mask an aircraft's jet engine exhaust from heat-seeking missiles could do the trick.

Today's aircraft armed with such a countermeasure might deploy a cloud of particles capable of absorbing ultraviolet (UV) light.

The Navy's proposal suggests the new heat-seeking missile countermeasure could use futuristic metamaterials ? engineered to have characteristics not found in nature ? or special semiconductor materials known as quantum dots. Having a cloud of such materials could prove more effective than today's countermeasures involving flares or chaff deployed behind a jet.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by wmd_2008

Do you really need someone to tell you how ridiculous your statement is ?
It does'nt matter how many planes !
If they were 'normal' contrails they would dissipate at 'normal' rates, not linger !
Peace

DO you really need someone to tell HOW LONG THEY LAST depends on atmsopheric conditions temp etc also the OP is trying to compare the sky's today with the 60,70 etc that why I mentioned the amount of flights or DO YOU really think we have the some amount as the 60's etc

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shenanigans

Hey, I work as a concierge in an apratment building here in DC and one night i was talking to a resident (who reminds me of the worlds most interesting man) who is an environmental scientist. I started asking him about global warming and how i heard it was a hoax (recalling all the debates i can remember from ATS such as the increased solar activity) and he basically said he cant speak on that because he dosent know too much about the sun's activity but insured me that global warming was real, happening and how they were working on ways to solve the problem. He said 'they' have been releasing stuff in the atmosphere that could reflect some of the harmful rays or what ever (he started getting a lil too technical for me
) via airplanes and i remember thinking "thats probably what those 'chemtrail guys' on ATS are talking about"

I just dont see why its so hard to believe that the chemtrail idea could truth and more then just contrails.
And why does it have to be somthing malicious?? Couldnt it be the govnt trying clean up a mess or fix sumthing?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Im really not sure about the possibilty of Chemtrails, but during WW2 the allies used to fly bombing raids over Germany, and sometimes the only way that Gemany knew there were planes in the air, was by the Contrails left behind at those altitudes, Crews could only hope they didnt get hit, because changing your position in formation would have screwed up the Bombing raids, SO YES there were Contrails back in the 40's and a hell of a lot of them.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I remember specifically as a kid that we were typically excited when we saw a plane leave a contrail in the sky. For some reason, it was just a really cool thing to watch. It was equally interesting to continue to watch as the trail disappeared behind the plane until it disappeared all together once the plane hit an area in the sky in which the contrail could not exist. Being a kid, things like that naturally ignited our curiosity and imagination as to how something like that happens.

Now, 20 years later, I see line after line after line that not only persists but also spreads out and merge with other lines to form a cloud cover. Just two weeks ago, I left to take my dog to the dog park. I went outside, and the day was so beautiful, though speckled with small, fluffy clouds, I just had to mention it on my Facebook via my phone as I sat at a stop light. As I drove another mile or so, I then caught a glimpse of the southwestern sky and was very disappointed to see that I had spoken to soon and my beautiful day was about to become gloomy and overcast. What disappointed me most that it was clear to see that the stark contrast between the sky above and around me and the southwestern sky because of all the whispy lines expanding and merging into the thin overcast cloud cover mixed with the other fluffy clouds that were already speckling the sky. I could all but make out a distinct "boarder" between the normal beautiful, blue, sunny sky and the ugly, whitish, whispy sun-blocked sky that was coming my way. Within the next half hour, it was all that was above me.

If people want to chalk it up to "increased air travel" and "humidity levels conducive to blah, blah, blah", that's fine. But it still doesn't explain why this phenomenon was not existent when I was a kid. Even if it is because there weren't that many planes flying around it still doesn't explain why I nor any of my friends (when I ask them) can ever remember such trails persisting in the sky to form clouds when we were kids when we DID see planes in the sky.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

I'll repeat myself...

That was a WAR with tactics used with chaff and who knows what else.... Not to mention if you read some history books and accounts ...the bombers were well below 30,000 ft (they descended to have more precise drops) when they went in to drop the bombs ...which is when some of those pics were taken.

And you say the only way they knew they were coming was from trails???

Bulls*** ..... without a doubt they could HEAR the dozens of bombers coming from far away.

Not to mention RADAR ..... don't you think some chaff from trails might help confuse the radar?

link   
Regarding the videos in the OP. One reason that you don't see many contrails in NY or LA is that they are destinations, and not places that you fly over.

Nowadays, you can fly direct to a lot more places, but back then you'd fly to a major airport like LA or NY, and then fly to the destination. Air traffic going to of from a hub will not leave contrails near it, as it's climbing or descending, and so is too low.

There are other reasons it's hard to find old video (or their equivalent, home movies) of contrails. The very low number of old videos being one of them (there's probably several thousands- if not millions- of times more videos per day now than there was in the 60s). Also there were vastly fewer flights. Vacation videos tend to be in summer, and in LA there are very few contrails in the summer. Home videos (films) tend to overexpose the sky making contrails hard to spot.

The fact is though that many people DO remember contrails from when they were you. Video of contrails does exist, and there are lots of photos from that time period.

link   
Ah yes.. the magical chemtrails, that have been sprayed for sinister purposes for 20 or 30 years or whatever, but have not actually had an ill-effect on the population at all, and oddly leave NO traces of what is sprayed in soil, groundwater, water and air samples. Not to mention it would be horrible way to spread anything. You would have to spray a ton for it to get where it needs to go to have an effect. At which point of course, it would be detectable by sampling.. which is done every single day.. much of it 24/7.. and it isn't. Odd huh?

My most vivid memories, with my buddies, cousins, is watching the skies as i lived near an airport...and actually timing these trails, wondering how some of them lasted up to 4-5 minutes when almost ALL of them were gone within what looked like 20 plane lengths, behind the planes.

Oh, well.. with such scientific proof... you know, your "vivid memories with my buddies," I'd say it's an open and shut case!

edit on 3-5-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by shenanigans

I just dont see why its so hard to believe that the chemtrail idea could truth and more then just contrails.
And why does it have to be somthing malicious?? Couldnt it be the govnt trying clean up a mess or fix sumthing?

I think you are exactly right. My firm belief is that these chemtrails are a way to "fight" the effects of our changing climate or global warming, if you will. I believe the resistance to believe these "chem"trails exist is because of the disinformation being spread about it containing biological substances meant to decrease the population and a myriad of other highly questionable theories.

I think the other reason people refuse to believe it at all is because they would have to acknowledge that our climate is so screwy right now that the governments across the world have had to resort to spraying these trails to block the sun. That's some pretty scary stuff to come to terms with. Even though they are trying to do something good (which I firmly believe they are, for a change), the fact that they aren't informing the general population of our shared threat from the climate is unconscionable to me.

Many people WILL panic if the government were to finally tell us all they are spraying in the skies to protect us from an imminent threat.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
I would like to put up a picture in defence of the OPs thread, this picture was taken in Los Angeles Ca on 4/18/2012, what this shows is at least 2 planes making Chemtrails/Contrails that are curved.

I always see people making comments that these are just planes on their regular flights, so how is it that they are doing these "curved" lines in the sky, and this was two or more planes flying in pretty close formation.

People really need to start thinking outside the box, this is not NORMAL by any means.

I hope the pic is visible

Near LA that's quite like the Ratheon VOODOO1 test plane. Every so often they go fly circuits over Catalina to test their navigation equipment. See:

contrailscience.com...

Here's the radar track:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join