It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA apologizes for forgetting student in cell for 5 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How do you forget a prisoner for 5 days?

This poor guy had to drink his own urine and eat his eye glasses.

I know its not funny, but seriously FIVE DAYS? lol

The Drug Enforcement Agency has apologized for its agents forgetting about a college student who was rounded up in a raid last month and left jailed for five days without food, water or access to the toilet.

At least they apologized.

DEA apologizes for forgetting student in cell for 5 days
edit on 2-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's called conditioning.

Gross.

I would've starved and died before I did that.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What kind of nutrition you get from eye glasses? Beside bloody tongue?

Scary story, makes you wonder

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"Oh Im sorry we did the whole cruel and unusual punishment thing on you, we cool right?"

F--- the DEA, lawsuit time.

Sadly some "Jack booted thug" law probably doesn't allow him to sue agents who where just following orders or something...
edit on 2-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He ate his eye glasses? I know he was bound to be hungry...But I can't imagine he got any kind of nutrition from eye glasses... In fact that seems like it would be counter productive....

Anyway, yeah, I have heard of similar tales of people being forgotten for 2-3 days in jail and what not. Scary really.

In this law suit happy land of America, I would say he has a good case on his hands.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That's a lawsuit if I ever heard one.
Job losses also should follow don't ya think?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

NDAA being tested out?
seeing how outraged the public is?

this is not how you treat people in your care

xploder

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
He should sue the entire TSA. they took away his liberties and he could have internal damage due to all the glass he ate. I hope he recovers and uses his cause against one of the most abusive and unnecessary security agencies ever.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
He ate his eye glasses? I know he was bound to be hungry...But I can't imagine he got any kind of nutrition from eye glasses... In fact that seems like it would be counter productive....

Anyway, yeah, I have heard of similar tales of people being forgotten for 2-3 days in jail and what not. Scary really.

In this law suit happy land of America, I would say he has a good case on his hands.

Did he say he ate it in the video?

In the article it just says he used the glass to write to his mother.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He should be getting a nice minimum 7 figure payout, and those found to be responsible should be unemployed immediately.

But, as this is America, and you only really have the "appearance" of accountability, those guilty of this will probably just be moved to another post, probably with no reduction in pay or responsibility, just until the heat wears off.

I can't imagine people being able to just forget about a human under their care like that. It just boggles the mind that there are people out there who simply don't give a f about others at all.

To those responsible, he no longer existed, and the fact that these people are in trusted positions is extremely frighting.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

He wanted to kill himself, hence the glass in his body.

He also took some powder that was in his cell, which turned out to be methamphetamine.

Read, people...read.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have to wonder about people's reading comprehension skills after reading the replies here.

This story is insane. At the end of the day, what it comes down to is this kid was left for dead, in a holding cell, by the DEA, because he got caught smoking weed.

Keep in mind.. it is NOT illegal to use drugs. It IS illegal to be in possession of drugs. So.....

Does anyone here really think that the punishment fit the crime?

Right now this country is like a pot of water on the stove. The more we see of the injustices of our system, the more the water begins to boil. It is only a matter of time till we reach the point of boiling over. God help us when we reach that point.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Eating glasses makes you pee blood. And can cause Analstigmastism. Maybe he ate his glasses while mentally going nuts and wanted to get a better look at just how empty his stomach really was. lol

new topics

top topics

join