It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you need a safe haven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I've thought about that and If I've got the means to hold how many showed up in that time of that event if I knew that hundreds of lives could have been saved and I remained silent....then I'd be no better than the elite today. I'm serious No joke!

It isn't about elitism, it's about needs overflowing the resources.

For example, you're in a boat, fleeing the Titanic. Your boat is full. Do you paddle back, knowing you will then get swamped and then you will ALL drown and die? Or, do you sit tight with the folks in the boat, and pray that at least you guys made it?

It's nice to be altruistic, but in the true face of survival, if you're going to live, you'll have to make the hard choices.

Personally, I know of at least one like-minded rancher friend of mine. We've kind of talked about it, so that our friends and relatives know they can hit up either of us to hold out, depending on where they are in the state.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well the offer still stands my friend, I felt that if something did happened then the people with no means to escape would know that there would be a place, and that urge is growing in me and I can't really explain it,

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

All I can say is, a) I hope no such event ever occurs, and b) if it does, that your altruism isn't taken advantage of.

I'd advise you to at least assemble a small group of people you can trust (and arm them), when the refugees come, so that you can keep some semblance of order and establish some boundaries.

The BIGGEST threat in any SHTF scenario, is going to be other, desperate people looking for resources...and they aren't going to care about your happy little town or what happens to it.... So, you'll need to be a united group against such threats, assuming such a thing ever happens.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

the part it's in there is only a general store that you can buy
just about anything you need for farm living.

But I do understand what you say, and I've got arms and plenty of ammo, It's so BFE unless you knew where it was you'll never be found.and 100 acres is a lot to hide in

But like I said before was just an offer I just figured like minded people like me could banned and live together, like some posters here said ATS commune...that wasn't the point and that's why I named it a safe haven

Not to mention I'm a good cook if you like from scratch cooking

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Didn't mean to throw water on the fire.

It's a very generous offer to folks. And yeah, that's a LOT of room to hide in alright...and chances are, nobody find you in such an event, and that is really probably going to be the key to making it through something like that...being out of sight. Just do your fires at night, otherwise, it's like putting up a neon sign where you are.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

www.peacefulacreslavenderfarm.com...

Sorry it has taken me so long to do this. Busy day plus tempermental computer. I have one link right now. I will try to find some more, and add them but wanted to get something to you.

edit on (5/4/1212 by gypsycat because: (no reason given)

www.facebook.com...#!/pages/Earthship/112264602124370

edit on (5/4/1212 by gypsycat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have a question or two. What's the elevation above sea level? Is this property on a mountain or in a hollow? How far is the tree line of the woods from the house? How many ways of exit are there to & from this property?

What's the nearest city? How far away is this property from the nearest Nuclear Power Plant? Nearest neighbor?
These are all questions that need to be answered in your post. I have a ton more but you can start with these. I may be interested in a secondary place to go when the SHTF. We may need to go North you all may need to come south, it's best to be mobile & have more than one option for long term stay, in these times we speak of, power will not be being in big numbers of people. Small groups up to about 25.

I/we have a group here in N.C.. It's small about 16 folks, mostly family. Plenty of everthing we need, and mobile if need be. Exactly where in Ky. are you? I may be contacting you via u2u and discuss this a little more, exchange a little more info. Thanks for the thread, it may open some eyes.

You need to vette the folks who you throw in with really well.
edit on 7-5-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I know I'm kinda late coming to the party, but was wondering if your offer still stands. I am a carpenter, electrician, gardener, and avid hunter and fisherman. I have a small spot in NW GA, but my mother lives in KY, and I would like to be able to get to her in a SHTF scenario.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey, I tried to send a private message to you, but apparently I can't on this site. The short version of what I wrote is, "I am very interested in your offer and would like the chance to talk to you a little and tell you about myself, my circumstances, and my skills and assets." Is there any way you would prefer to talk about this?

Also, just wanted to say, the spirit of your post is so heartening to me that I feel lucky just to read it. :-)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I live in KY. I was thinking the underground cave system would be a great bug out location. If I wasnt claustrophobic!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join