It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you need a safe haven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good afternoon fellow ATSers. So I've been thinking (I'm always thinking) that if something happens no matter what it is, or when, that I would feel pretty s^&ty if I didn't at least offer,

My uncle has given me a rare opportunity to take over my late uncles old family farm house, It's in BFE, has woods all around it, has a wood stove for cooking and heating, It sits on I think 100 acres and a pond if it's still good,

So for any ATS members that do not have the means to bug out cause you have no where to go, know you'll have a place, and all would be welcome and we could all pitch in and cover all of our bases and live good.

So there it is, If you can get to Ky u2u me for directions or talk more private.

The lands not mine but he told me to take the house down, I told him I'd fix it lol.

And for our more paranoid conspiracy theorists we could use our ATS names to remain anonymous.

So what ya think

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hows the Asian food over there?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Have room for a recently unemployed chick and her cat & dog? I'll make a garden- I've got a super green thumb!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Canadians welcome?

Where can i pitch my igloo?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Your uncle (not your late one) is ok with this?

Well, I'm assuming you mean when things go to hell, not now, hehe....

Still though, the best advice any prepper will give you is to simply not advertise your ability to weather it. It makes your holdout a target when things go south.

My wife and I were recently given a similar opportunity, and while we'll be preparing for the worst, we hope we'll never have to depend on it. Even then, we're approaching it more as hurricane prep and other disasters. In the country, power goes out a bit more often, so good to have some backup plans.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Where you will immediately placed into shackles and be forced to work his 100 acre farm land...

ITS A TRAP!!!!

nah I kid, cool offer.

I too have a parcel of land I need worked...

Mwhahaha.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting offer. I might take you up on that if things get worse where I am now.

MzMorbid said she's good with gardening. I have some experience with general maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, electrical). I know several people here are hunters. Maybe we can start an ATS commune.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

OH god no, I could only imagine an ATS commune...

first the moderators mysteriously end up hanged from trees, than chaos ensues.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

An ATS Commune? Oh my, the horror....truly, EVERYTHING in the Commune would be a conspiracy!

Man A - "Gazrok got the repopulation detail AGAIN!"
Man B - "It's a conspiracy! I'll bet he's actually a Reptilian!"
Man A - "Yeah! That's why we never see him without sunglasses outside"
Me (as I walk up) - "Or because I have some light sensitivity, but your hypothesis is far more entertaining..."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have lived a self sufficient lifestyle with a group of friends
The idea to create a garden is a good one
The most difficult thing in any community is the people
It can sound such a rosy idea but reality is somewhat different
It can and does work however if you have the will

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Um if that's what you want for dinner then so be it

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Yes, I married have kids, all will be welcome

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you think I'm BSing there will be no race it will be human. You can't get any real than human.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I've thought about that and If I've got the means to hold how many showed up in that time of that event if I knew that hundreds of lives could have been saved and I remained silent....then I'd be no better than the elite today. I'm serious No joke!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Interesting offer. I might take you up on that if things get worse where I am now.

MzMorbid said she's good with gardening. I have some experience with general maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, electrical). I know several people here are hunters. Maybe we can start an ATS commune.

I'm a green thumb, not by nature though, This offer is for those that don';t have any place to go

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by N3k9Ni

OH god no, I could only imagine an ATS commune...

first the moderators mysteriously end up hanged from trees, than chaos ensues.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I can get to Ky, and would love to have a place to go if SHTF actually happens. What do you know about, and are you interested in sustainable housing options like Earthships and Natural homes. I would be willing to do research and labor if I knew I actually had a place to go to, if needed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsycat
I can get to Ky, and would love to have a place to go if SHTF actually happens. What do you know about, and are you interested in sustainable housing options like Earthships and Natural homes. I would be willing to do research and labor if I knew I actually had a place to go to, if needed.

I'm knowledgeable on a lot of stuff, computer repair, gardening, and have lots of seeds and canning jars for canning food. I'm not sure what Earthships are but I'd like to know more if you had some good resources for me to look at that would be great. Well just know if/when it does occur you would be welcome.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Thank you. I have not learned how to post links on here yet, but I will look up some addresses and post them. But for this moment I need to get just a little more sleep before grandbaby comes.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsycat

Just copy the URL and then and past in your post,

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join