It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ending did you choose on MASS EFFECT 3.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I ask this because I completed the game and the ending was REALLY DEEP. I dont know if I should say what the ending was for those who may have not completed it but there were 2 choices related to ORGANIC LIFE & ARTIFICIAL LIFE. So If any here completed which direction did you go red right or blue left. I didnt want the mass relays to close

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wait for the DLC with the "good" ending in it.

Fricken worthless EA company hacking games apart so they can release them piece meal to us.

and btw you missed the stock "good ending" the middle choice, sacrifice yourself to merge organics and non organics, creating a new era.
edit on 2-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

DLC ? Whats that?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
and btw you missed the stock "good ending" the middle choice, sacrifice yourself to merge organics and non organics, creating a new era.

I chose to as the ai said control "us"
the commander ascended. Showed the elder and the youth talking about the deeds of the Shepherd and the pilot-garrus-james on another world. I only seen 2 choices red right or blue left I took blue left wasnt fair to do the geth like that after helping the organics..
edit on 5/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ea took out the "good" Ending and is releasing it as a downloadable content.

Currently the game has the three endings in it or variations of.

left, right, and middle.

the middle option is if you did most of the stuff in the game.

as for the ending scene its pretty much the same either way (i did characters with all the available endings)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd like to expand the topic a little bit and challenge the idea that the endings are deep.

Mass Effect 1-2 was driven by the idea that you as a player have a freedom of choice : To accept or deny anything that crossed your path. (I don't believe it did a great job at it, but it was decent enough to make it work)

When Mass Effect 3 did it's ending, you weren't allowed to challenge the proposal that the 'God child' brought forth. In fact, he narrowed your choices down to three things. ALL of which fail to conclude any character relationships you had, and ultimately destroyed the whole purpose of the fight: diversity creates balance.

The ending sequence didn't even touch those concepts. Instead it pulled a deus ex machina and forced the player to make a choice on the behalf of a new character that was never even suggested in the previous titles. NONE of the options allow you to do it the other way.

So my question is: How is the ending deep if doesn't even drive or expand the plot in a beneficial manner?
edit on 2-5-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I see and feel like i missed something as I didnt see the middle option just the commander taking control of the reapers allowing organics and AI to coexist closing the mass relays. Thanks for letting me know that there is another ending because I was like
these are some interesting options.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Yea, it would of, but ea decided they could milk gamers for a few extra coin, so they cut out the ending that mattered and will make us pay for it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You can also get either the Illusive man or Anderson to sacrifice themselves if you tried to Persuade the illusive man every time you see him.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
So my question is: How is the ending deep if doesn't even drive or expand the plot in a beneficial manner?
edit on 2-5-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

Deep because the ai wanted you to destroy ALL artificial life you included Geth included who just helped the organics close the Mass relays that allowed for species through out the Milkyway to travel and interact setting everything back a bit. Or eliminate ALL organics or have them reharvested into NEW REAPERS allowing the cleans to happen. I felt it was deep descision making and did feel forced a bit I WANTED TO CUT THE XBOX OFF AFTER THE AI GAVE ME CHOICES.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I believe it is a prominent problem in the industry. Lower budget games like 9 People 9 Doors 9 Hours do a much better job at character choices and endings. At least that game had 9 endings, all of which have a unique path & despite being unrelated to each other, there are qualities that diverge it to the final ending. It's to the point to where you actually have to complete the worst case scenario just so you can access the final ending.

Business is fine and so are profits. But having a big budget with guaranteed market sales is no excuse to sacrifice substance.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You can also get either the Illusive man or Anderson to sacrifice themselves if you tried to Persuade the illusive man every time you see him.

Illusive man didnt make it after he tried to kill Anderson. He was indoctrinated thats why he was not allowed to control the reapers as the commander was.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yes but how is that exactly deep? That's just a scenario that comes after the decision. How does that exacly take something that happened in the actions you took in the previous games and actually shape what will happen when you make your absolute final choice?

Answer: It doesn't shape it. You can do whatever you want in mass effect, and the endings are the same. So my question again is: how is it deep?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The part I chose bothered me a bit because the commander chose to control them and ascend into them. I felt like he was GOD now since he had control of the REAPERS who could reak havoc on any artificial or organic creations. And didnt know if that was some ego related choice but felt it was better to try to gain reaper control then to destroy. I liked the game and will try to find the mentioned alter endings.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yes but if you tried from the start, you can convince him hes indoctrinated.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Your right, and thats the biggest complaint with ME3.

Look at the sheer number of choices to be made in the first two game.

Hardly felt like I made any choices in 3, or that the choices I made mattered.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

See I didnt know the ending would al be the same as I picked infiltrator/sole surviver I think options. I just felt it was deep because you get to that point of the game and then got to think like should I destroy ALL ai-me included-geth included reapers included or allow for the organics to be destroyed well the ai said only intelligent organics were harvested into new reapers. Even the concept of the harvested becomming something else had me thinking like this is deep thinking that went into this game. I guess I felt like it was a character judgment call thats all sort of like in mass effect 2 ddestroying the human reaper that was being designed. The human reaper had human parts in it and was to be like a GOD but had to be designed at the death of many humans. The game a good 1 just felt it was deep not in a bad way but just deep thinking depending on the interfacer.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Yes but if you tried from the start, you can convince him hes indoctrinated.

Convince who, the illusive man was indoctrinated?? who do you mean?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You're joking right? The ending was terrible on all levels, everything after the goodbyes at the London Forward base was RUSHED BY AT LEAST 6MONTHS.
The puerile philosophical conversation with the Catalyst was embarrassing to say the least, and the extent of the choices all point in one direction. Synthesis was the best out of what was available, but when you have three identical endings, it's up to your color preference. I feel sorry for colorblind individuals, they only get one ending.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

reply to post by TheOneElectric

Thank all 3 of you for your time.

edit on 5/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join