It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind dog gets his very own seeing eye dog!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When Tanner, a golden retreiver, arrivied at Woodland West Animal Hospital in the US, vets feared there was not much they could do for him. Due to cataracts, he is blind in both eyes and suffers from a slight seizure disorder which cause him to lose control of his body.

The vet suggested putting him down.

Vets suggested putting him down, but surprisingly Tanner's condition changed when he met Blair, a street dog who was admitted to the center after he was shot.

For anyone who is a dog lover this will warm your heart a little. I have four Siberian Huskies so I thought this was cute.

Article Link

edit on 2-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As a dog owner, I am not surprised.

Dogs are compassionate, recent studies have shown dogs understand Fairness, as well as "moral" behavior, as in a dog will help another dog in need, Even if it doesn't benefit them in any way.
edit on 2-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

OMG

My heart melts for those dogs. Just want to adopt them both.

I already have one though with temperament issues.

That is just so adorable.

It's so great that the black lab was able to recover and move on to help the yellow lab.

Aww breaks my heart.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The the blind leadeth the blind both shall fall into the ditch. When the blind are lead by their friends they run into that ditch to chase a rabbit!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Mega cool!
S n F, tear and a grin.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story an old lighthouse keeper told me years ago.
He was on a remote Island called North Ronaldsy - a spit of rock in the Orkney Isles.
He used to pass the time by watching the wildlife there
At the time myself and friends were renovating an old farmhouse and were being terrorized by a big rat that had no fear of Humans.
One night the rat ran up the bed past my friends head and he just screamed in fear lol.
I went to investigate - We had put all our food in this guys room whilst we did work on the kitchen.
I followed a trail of pearl barley to a bag ripped open and half enveloped into a hole in the skirting board.
As I pulled the bag of Barley out the rats head popped out of the hole and stared at me most indigently
We told our friend the old lighthouse keeper who said he would catch it for us for all our efforts had failed.
But he admired all animals and told us the story of how he had seen two rats one was blind the other one lead it by use of a piece of straw.
Needles to say he caught our Rambo Rat but released it in a remote place

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

We have 4 Siberian Huskies, two of which are rescues. They had some behavior problems too; took months to iron them out. But they have turned out to be great dogs after a lot of patience...lots of patience. Good luck!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks LightSpeed! Appreciate the positive feedback!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Cool story, poet! A good ending makes all the difference!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

We have 4 Siberian Huskies, two of which are rescues. They had some behavior problems too; took months to iron them out. But they have turned out to be great dogs after a lot of patience...lots of patience. Good luck!

I used to own Husky but after I separated it was against court rules for me to take her in. The person who did find her wanted to bring her here but I couldn't accept her. I had given them his address and never seen her since.
Divorce sucks. But I had to abide. She was such a cool dog. Plus, I couldn't take her in due to how jealous my dog gets.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What a beautiful dog! That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like that was a very traumatic time for you.

new topics

top topics

join