Ron Paul and the states-rights-sidestep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Seeing lots of deflections in this thread. Ive yet to see a valid counterpoint.

I am also seeing a lot of threads that involve Ron Paul and this subject matter. So what is really the big deal?

Recent threads at that...
edit on 2-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

You didnt have to post in it my friend....

the point is made in the OP. I suggest you read it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I read it on numerous other threads my friend...The timing of all these threads fall into order by persuading some type of discrediting...So yeah, besides why is this even a major issue all of a sudden? Don't we have an economy issue to fix first?

Why doesn't anyone question Obama on this abortion issue?
edit on 2-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I read it on numerous other threads my friend...The timing of all these threads fall into order by persuading some type of discrediting...So yeah, besides why is this even a major issue all of a sudden? Don't we have an economy issue to fix first?

I do love how the RP crowd is upset about "all these threads" trying to "discredit" Rp....at last search, roughly 90% of RP threads are pro-RP. Seems some people do not like to be challenged.
Abortion will always be a major issue to me. Rp followers continue to want to tell me it shouldnt be. Not sure how they get off.

The point is, that he is LYING about his stance on abortion, is setting it up to make it illegal, and is playing the same "status-quo" games he claims to be against.

Im still waiting for ANYONE to even try and attempt to show me how I am wrong. So far, all I have gotten are the standard "why did you make this thread" "why are you afraid of Rp" type responses.
edit on 2-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Abortion will always be a major issue to me.

Well the economy issue will always be more important for me and others, including our pets...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Abortion will always be a major issue to me.

Well the economy issue will always be more important for me and others, including our pets...

And? What does that have to do with this thread? If you dont wish to discuss the topic, why are you here?

The trolling and deflections are very telling.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And? What does that have to do with this thread?
If you dont wish to discuss the topic, why are you here?

Well because there are already numerous threads about this issue, which came before yours, only difference is the thread title...I don't know maybe it should be removed? I don't know we will let the mods decide...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And? What does that have to do with this thread?
If you dont wish to discuss the topic, why are you here?

Well because there are already numerous threads about this issue, which came before yours, only difference is the thread title...I don't know maybe it should be removed? I don't know we will let the mods decide...

So, basically, you didnt read the op, dont like the topic, but felt the need to continue to post off-topic, mini-mod drivel?

Logic?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Logic?

Your basically feeding the audience what has already been discussed, only difference is your thread title...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Logic?

Your basically feeding the audience what has already been discussed, only difference is your thread title...

I think you mean "you're".

That said, you are simply proving that you either didnt read the OP, or didnt understand it. There are lots of threads about RP and abortion. There are none, that I have seen, that are about the fact that he is LYING, that he is playing the same political games he claims to be against, and that openly ask for someone to show where the premise is wrong.

Again, if you dont like it, dont post in it (although, I am enjoying all of the bumps you're giving it).

So, can you show me that I am wrong, or are you going to keep deflecting from the challenge in an attempt to cover the fact that you cannot?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Ohhh I love it when shills point out the grammatical errors...I don't think that really makes a difference anyways, I've seen worse by the MSM...There is a huge gap between speaking the truth, and telling a lie...I'm more for speaking the truth...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So now we are nearly 4 pages in, lots of trolling and deflections, but not a single valid challenge to the claim. Any takers?

If not, I truly hope I never hear about how "different" RP is. This is clearly and example of how he is exactly the same.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ohhh I love it when shills point out the grammatical errors...I don't think that really makes a difference anyways, I've seen worse by the MSM...There is a huge gap between speaking the truth, and telling a lie...I'm more for speaking the truth...

So now Im a shill, even though you are the one, trolling the thread with off-topic comments? Interesting logic, once again.

I see you still refrain from posting about the ACTUAL topic....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I will give you the satisfaction, and wait for another Obama lover to post their thoughts...Would that make you feel better?....You already got the gist of my thoughts, and that is to stop blowing up this issue into something its not...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I will give you the satisfaction, and wait for another Obama lover to post their thoughts...Would that make you feel better?....You already got the gist of my thoughts, and that is to stop blowing up this issue into something its not...

I dont have the gist of your thoughts, other than you dont think this thread should exist, yet cannot refrain from posting in it.

Please, I ask sincerely, if you can show my premise to be wrong, do so.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

-OR- How Ron Paul will outlaw abortion

Your intro sealed the deal, you put the extra effort into making him sound like he is going to "OUTLAW ABORTION" without the question mark after that...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by emberscott
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

So is that what all that mumbo jumbo in sec. 3 and sec. 4 is about? The fed can override state law?

They dont have to override the state. The states will be able to make it legal. The doctor will just be open to federal prosecution.

All it says is that is to be recognized at to conception. Then it removes the federal jurisdiction over the states rights to be pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

Sec.2

(2) the Congress recognizes that each State has the authority to protect lives of unborn children residing in the jurisdiction of that State.

What that says is that congresses recognizes that every individual state has, in its own respected right, the authority to enact legislation that is in the interpretative view anti-abortion.

The rest goes on to prevent federal interference with the individual state laws enacted whether they be anti-abortion or pro-abortion.

So no, a doctor performing an abortion in a state with anti-abortion will not 'be open to federal prosecution' because the federal courts will have no jurisdiction.

As well, it states recognition for time of conception. In that it allows states to to enact laws that would illegalize those 'day after' pharmaceuticals, if it chose to.

So tell me if I am misinterpreting the legal verbiage.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

-OR- How Ron Paul will outlaw abortion

Your intro sealed the deal, you put the extra effort into making him sound like he is going to "OUTLAW ABORTION" without the question mark after that...

It wasnt a question.

My thread lays out how he is ALREADY setting the table for this.

Show me how I am wrong.

Your deflections are getting tired.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

The federal courts will have no jurisdiction over the right to perform an abortion, this much is true.

What they WILL have jurisdiction over is the federally granted rights of the fetus that was aborted. Which is why i call it a sidestep. The abortion will be, technically legal, right up until it is completed.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Show me how I am wrong.

It just isn't you who is wrong, it is everyone else who is trying to persuade the people that Dr. Ron Paul is wrong for what he has set on the table. Keep in mind this is a doctor we are talking about here...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Show me how I am wrong.

It just isn't you who is wrong, it is everyone else who is trying to persuade the people that Dr. Ron Paul is wrong for what he has set on the table. Keep in mind this is a doctor we are talking about here...

So, if we are all wrong, shouldnt be too hard to prove it, should it? I mean, after this many posts in the thread, wouldnt it make more sense to just prove to me that I am wrong, instead of continuing the deflections and off topic posts? Shouldnt you be able to shut me up with one single post, if I am wrong?

But once again, I notice that the fact that he is LYING and playing the same games he claims to be against go unnoticed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join