It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flowers in macro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Coming from South France where I was in holidays, I spend one full day to visit a tropical greenhouse with wonderful plants and flowers. I don't know the name for most of them, but I recall to have seen some orchids and cactus flowers.

Just wanted to share with you the beauty of these flowers taken in macro.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Some beautiful shots there

Thanks very much for sharing

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Very nice

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Gorgeous flowers, and excellent photographs. I have recently taken up photography again, after a very long break from it...last time I took it seriously there was only 'film' to play with...yes, that long ago...may I ask what lense you used? I was given the Canon EOS 350D case, and because I could only afford to invest in one lense I went for a 75mm to 250mm lense, thinking it would give me the greatest range until I could diversify, but I'm struggling a little with it. It is great for long distance, with the telephoto, but I can't quite get the knack of it on macro shots...is there a trick I am missing? Perhaps it is the setting? I'm still tentatively playing it safe using fully automatic. Otherwise, it is a brilliant camera, and the depth of image it achieves just stunning... Any tips would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Gorgeous flowers, and excellent photographs. I have recently taken up photography again, after a very long break from it...last time I took it seriously there was only 'film' to play with...yes, that long ago...may I ask what lense you used? I was given the Canon EOS 350D case, and because I could only afford to invest in one lense I went for a 75mm to 250mm lense, thinking it would give me the greatest range until I could diversify, but I'm struggling a little with it. It is great for long distance, with the telephoto, but I can't quite get the knack of it on macro shots...is there a trick I am missing? Perhaps it is the setting? I'm still tentatively playing it safe using fully automatic. Otherwise, it is a brilliant camera, and the depth of image it achieves just stunning... Any tips would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Thank you!

I will surely surprise you, but my camera is a modest Canon PowershotA720 IS 8Megapixels set on automatic mode in macro! Yeah, I know I'm a lazy man

If you want, I'll tell you tomorrow what settings you should use with you camera to get better macro shots, but a Canon EOS 350D is really a great camera that is in theory able to do anything you want, so there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be able to do better than me!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Haha...now I am really impressed. And yes, my camera is a beauty, but it is way too good for me, out of my league really...and I'm not good with instruction booklets...eek. I'm thinking of taking a class, which for me is a huge step, not being much of a group person or joiner, but I know I can do wonderful things with this camera if only I can work out how to use it

Now this shot of yours, where you have the foreground in focus and the background blurred (I know there is a technical term for that, but currently it eludes me, sorry)....

Originally posted by elevenaugust

...in long shots I can do this, but with macro I am struggling...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Inspired by your example...I went out this weekend and practiced...

Not too shoddy...the bee took many, many shots...thing wouldn't keep still

This also my first attempt at posting pictures...so fingers firmly crossed

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement...loving my camera now

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
How fortunate we are to have people so talented here, and willing to share,and brighten our world! You both rock!. Biliverdin, look at you! Wow. Thank you both so much.

new topics

top topics

join