It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Activity over Volcano Popocatepetl? 30th April 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by teresaboato1

Please review the video below:

I can post more videos of helicopters flying over erupting volcanoes if you want.

You may also want to consider that helicopters are a rather handy way for vulcanologists to get to and from an active volcano for study.
Vulcanologists?
Yep. It's a possibility, and if you really want to believe in aliens, you can just shorten their name and call them Vulcans.

Something else to consider regarding no-fly-zones, There's TYPES of no-fly-zones.
I'm sure if you were to take a peek at whatever Federal Air Traffic regulatory rule set is applicable for the area, you may find there are waivers and exceptions and classifications for and of no-fly-zones.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its OBVIOUSLY not cars on higher mountain roads. Its not airplanes or helicopters either. Any one that pops on here and spouts those pitiful explanations isn't being too observant. Debunkers and skeptics always throw the same solutions at you. Many times their solutions are totally invalid and they would see that had they taken the time to really study the videos. Its like when they see the lights in the videos, they automatically fall back on their 'go to' response. Typical. Sarcasm: Its cars driving on a road on an invisible mountain behind the volcano. I should have seen that from the beginning.
Nice video OP. Its something strange thats for sure.
Also, I struggle to see how the first video is in time lapse. I see the clock in the corner counting and the first UFO flies across the screen before a couple of seconds can even tick by. Its not in time lapse!
I want people to open their eyes! Stop debunking just because you can. Yes, be objective, but at the same time use your brain and study the footage thats given to you. If you'll study it first, you might not have to debunk at all.
Maussan is a lil crazy, yes. He gets a little excited with some of his videos, but, he has brought a lot of good footage to light. Footage that would still be lost in South America right now. Just because he loves his profession and is intrigued by the phenomenon doesn't make everything he provides questionable. Again, study the videos.
GOOD FIND OP! Star and Flag
TXML

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Post us a video of a helicopter flying through as much smoke as was in the ops video. I don't think you can but I urge you to try. The vid you just posted doesn't have as much smoke and isn't near the eruption that the ops vid shows.
In the ops vid, smoke is bellowing from the volcano. I'm not a helicopter pilot but I don't think flying through smoke and ash is safe.
TXML

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

Also, I struggle to see how the first video is in time lapse. I see the clock in the corner counting

The video is time lapse , if you watch it from .12 you will see that when the lava jumps out of the crater and runs down the slope , the clock is not on the video its from the show .

The planes or helicopters are probably not as close as they appear , Popocatepetl does have two airports fairly close by .
Hermanos Serdán International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México

edit on 3-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

If you want to start at aliens and stay at aliens for every ambiguous light you see in the sky, I'm not stopping you.

I, however, prefer to start at the very bottom, and work my way up.
Is it bigger than a breadbox?
A logical path of inquiry starting with the most common and LIKELY explanation would make sense, no?

If, however, because you don't know, it must be aliens, then, go ahead, drink that koolaide.

Am I really that big of a threat to the sacred cow of belief that everyone on the other side of the fence has to be SO defensive?
I'm just pointing out possibilities, and everyone that disagrees goes all foamy at the mouth.
I recommend switching to decaf.

Something else to consider is; evidence, for or against, is just that: Evidence.
Evidence is not proof, at least until such time as there's enough supporting evidence to support a statement of proof.

I'm simply putting forth possibilities that could be considered evidence of terrestrial quite normal and common explanations.
These possibilities don't rule out aliens or UFOs until such time as there's enough supporting evidence to make a statement of proof.

As it stands, for the OP video, there's been more and better evidence put forward for a common quite terrestrial explanation.
If anyone can come up with more and better evidence contrary to such, then, there you go.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm not saying Alien. I'm saying, NOT cars or helicopters. Explain how it could be if there are no mountains behind the volcano that are higher up. How could helicopters fly through the ash and smoke? 10 mile no fly zone so I don't think we are seeing aircraft in the distance.

reply to post by gortex

Okay, I see now that the clock is from the news cast, not the original video. You got me on that one
I still don't know about the whole video being time lapse. Yes at the first the lava shoots down the slope real fast but it shows no UFO's moving during that time. When it does show something moving, none of the smoke or ash are moving and none of the lava is running down the slope. Its like they slow the video down when the object are seen moving over and during those times I see no movement that indicates anything is moving at a hurried rate, except the lights in question. If the lights were moving so fast because the video was time lapsed, wouldn't the smoke be moving as fast or at least seem like it wasn't standing still?
TXML

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Your points are well taken. I'm sure there are more vids of helicopters flying around less active volcanoes with less smoke, ash and heat turbulence but not over violent eruptions at night. I have a problem believing its a helicopter. If it is a helicopter as you believe for vulcanologist why is it flying so quickly to,over and away from the volcano? What would they benefit from a single flyby at such a fast speed and at night with less visibility? Also lets not forget the danger level from smoke and ash and heat turbulence. As far as the no fly zone, federal regulations don't apply here its Mexico but I'm sure its in place for safety and that certain circumstances would allow researchers closer proximity but I don't believe it would be allowed at night during an eruption for any reason. From your prospective this might be some prototype of a Mexican Military surveillance craft like the hurricane hunters but its not a craft I'm familiar with. Plus I'm still wondering what the pulsating objects might be hovering during this flyby. Are they there for observation? maybe. Maybe they are observing a test flight of the craft in question. Still I don't believe the Mexican Military has the resources to allocate to some new volcano observation craft. Who knows, there can be good arguments made on either side. Whats plane to see is there are always going to be believers in ET and non-believers. Until such time as the world leaders decide on disclosure its obvious you will always be a non-believer since this is the proof/evidence you will require to believe. Thats ok your certainly not alone. For now I guess the question to everyone is do you believe or not?
edit on 3-5-2012 by teresaboato1 because: update

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

When I magnified the image and reviewed on a 55 inch HD screen I was able to see clearly that the craft was directly over the volcano and was in fact disrupting the ash cloud as it flew thru. It wasnt closer in or further away from the volcano as you might suspect from initially viewing the video.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by teresaboato1

Fast speed??? This is a time-lapse video taken from 9:30 PM to 10:00 PM. The actual movement of these lights was barely noticeable. They showed sped up footage. The news anchor mentioned this as well.

I believe this footage shows the north flank of Popocatepetl and it was taken at Tlamacas station. That place is about 2-3 kilometers awat from the volcano.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Okay maybe they're not moving at such incredible speeds. Would you want to if you were studying or sampling from a volcano or it's ash cloud?
The light at 1:23, that creeps out from behind the mountain, could be a bit further away but still isn't out of the 10 mile NFZ around the volcano.

reviewed on a 55 inch HD screen I was able to see clearly that the craft was directly over the volcano and was in fact disrupting the ash cloud as it flew thru. It wasnt closer in or further away from the volcano
-TeresaBoato1

If thats true they are violating the restrictions on that airspace. Besides, are there any helicopters or planes that can fly through smoke and ash like that? If so, its news to me.
The three hovering, pulsating lights are still unexplainable too. I don't know of a star configuration with that magnitude of brightness anyway.
I'd say this is a pretty unexplainable video. IMO, of course.

TXML
edit on 3-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You guys might find this interesting. It is not in regard to Popocatepetl, but, is in reference to flying through ash clouds.

Volcanic Ash Clouds ...

“Aircraft flying under VFR (Visual Flying Rules) are not restricted,” he said. Only aircraft flying under IFR (Instrument Flying Rules) within the controlled airspace are grounded due to the Icelandic Volcano event. As a result it can be expected that scenic helicopter flights and heliski operations in Northern Sweden, though dependant on the weather, will proceed as usual.
According to Mr Juhlin, Kallax Flug’s chief technician Jimmy Lindqvist spoke yesterday with Eurocopter the manufacturer of Kallax Flug’s aircraft and advised that “there is no risk of engine failure due to the volcanic ash” to VFR aircraftin this area (Norrbotten).

Accordingly such, especially the second bit of red text I've outlined, VFR flights are of little concern, plus there's no worry worry about damage or risk of engine failure in VFR aircraft.

If I find other sources to back this up, I'll edit this with the additional details.

Something to consider regarding this; if such is well known regarding VFR, vulcanologists would certainly be privy to the information and use VFR aircraft in studying active geological events.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Agreed and if the video is time lapse then that means this craft slowly flew into/directly above a violently erupting volcano slowly inching along for 30 minutes without a problem from the heat,ash or smoke and shows no sign of being affected by the turbulence. It flies slowly(evidence 30 min time lapse) thru all this effortlessly. Don't know of any craft able to do that. In addition when I magnified the video and reviewed it closely this object looks nothing like a helicopter or plane it is saucer shaped. Since learning it was time lapse that even solidifies my saucer shape observation since I was considering speed blur may be why it looked that way.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

edit on 4-5-2012 by teresaboato1 because: dup

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Do you know if these tours or researchers fly at night? I know most are daytime when potential hazards are easier seen. Also, would you post a photo of the helicopter they are using for these tours. It would be great if you could find one while in flight and flying at night or twilight hours would be even better. I would like to compare its silhouette with the craft in question using my larger screens and software. You may be right

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ambiguous lights travelling in straight lines = could be anything that travels in a straight line that has a light. Could be helicopters, planes, or even distant cars on a mountainside at night where we don't see the mountain due the darkness.

You do realise countries have strict aviation regulations and protocols, even down to lights?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join