It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six army battalions called up under emergency orders to meet growing threat on Egypt, Syria borders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Six army battalions called up under emergency orders to meet growing threat on Egypt, Syria borders

www.timesofisrael.com

T
he IDF has issued emergency call up orders to six reserve battalions in light of new dangers on the Egyptian and Syrian borders. And the Knesset has given the IDF permission to summon a further 16 reserve battalions if necessary, Israeli media reported on Wednesday.

An IDF spokesperson said intelligence assessments called for the deployment of more soldiers.

According to 2008′s Reserve Duty Law, combat soldiers can be called for active reserve duty once every three years, and for short training sessions during the other two. Rising tensions between Israel and Egypt and the ongoing u
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like somethings going to go down pretty soon. I wonder how pissed off Israel is at the US for turning Egypt into an enemy again?
Its possible that they may bomb Iran soon and want to get the troops in position in case Egypt and Syria try to take advantage of the carnage.
Or another possibility is that NATO may be getting ready for a Syrian conflict and Israel will get involved in order to prevent the new Syrian govt from being taken over by the Muslim Brotherhood.

www.timesofisrael.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There is already a discussion about this going on here

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Threat on Egypt and Syria borders...Hm what is one thing that the borders of both egypt and syria have in common? ISRAEL. We are on a leash to do Israels bidding. They can do it themselves, they are big boys now. Time to move out of mommies house and be a man.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
They can do it themselves, they are big boys now. Time to move out of mommies house and be a man.

Maybe...

That's why the story is about the IDF calling up reserves?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just recently read somewhere, maybe here but not sure. Anyway, I read that the Israeli battle tactics are pretty much the opposite of most other Armies.
Rather than send out the main part first and then the reserves when needed, they activate the reserves first, then their best troops are behind them.
If that is true, then be watching/listening for troop movements to these two borders in the near future.

BTW, AnonymousCitizen. I did do a search first and didnt find any other threads.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Iran is off the table for Israel, they now have real problems right on their border.

Egypt could be a thorn for Israel now that the Muslim Brotherhood are about to take full control.

And if Syria becomes another Muslim Brotherhood victory you can be sure the Golan Heights will be taken back.

Israel is running out of options, it would do well to seek a peace agreement on the 1967 borders and be grateful for what it's got.

The window for a peaceful ending is closing imho, fighting one nation is manageable, fighting two or three is impossible without US help.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The IDF is still getting aid from the USA.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I wonder how pissed off Israel is at the US for turning Egypt into an enemy again?
reply to post by Juggernog

Flip side is Israel gets to flex its "I am King, Dont mess with me" maybe once and for all, courtesy of USA/CIA wouldn't that then be a gift to Israel?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
16 battalions of IDF troops with calling the reserves
US F-22 Stealth Raptors never used before in Irak or Afghanistan
they have about 30 on the Iran border in the SOH

The final pieces are coming together for the biggest war of all time

Review Bibis comment for hint

But one thing is clear: Israel won’t wait beyond 2012 or until after the US presidential election in November.

An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months

Netanyahu DECLARE WAR

and then Obama told him to STHU that he will ruin the surprise attack
Netanyahu was declaring the inevitable war with Iran to the entire world
that he will attack in this particular time frame

Report: Netanyahu To Delay Iran Attack Until Next Year

So aften a discussion with Obama .. he only agreed to delay a little bit more
by having the new bunker busters that is the key for the attack
and the fuel ressuply planes

edit on 5/2/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

They can do it themselves, they are big boys now.

That is the second thing you've ever said that we agree upon. Israel CAN take care of herself, and she doesn't need the US to help her. Neither the Egyptians nor the Syrians stand a chance, and if they attack they're gonna get hurt - bad.

If I was the Israeli PM, having seen what the US has done lately, helping install Islamist governments all around Israel by supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and al-Qaeda, I'd definitely go it alone. I wouldn't trust the Muslim usurper occupying the Oval Office to watch my back as far as I could spit.
edit on 5/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I found this particularly interesting though, they had to change some laws around in order to activate these extra battalions.
That even furthers my suspicions that they are needed for something in the near future.

Chinadaily

The so-called "Reserve Law," which was passed in parliament in 2009 following public pressure to ease the burden on the army's reserves forces, limits call-ups to a single operational stint within a three-year period, and a week-long training maneuver every year, excluding any emergency call-up. The law also capped reserve duty to age 40. The Defense Ministry sought special approval from parliament's foreign affairs and defense committee to call up the battalions.
"We won't have a choice but to change the law and enlist more reservists for active duty. It's already an operational necessity in light of recent events," a senior military source said last August in the aftermath of an attack carried out by Gaza militants near the Red Sea resort city of Eilat in which six Israeli civilians and two soldiers were killed.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks, Ill be darned if we get dragged into another war all for nothing; with Obama wanting troops in Afghanistan till 2024 its gonna be messy if we get another front on some war.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The IDF is still getting aid from the USA.

So what?

As long as there are no US boots on the ground what’s wrong with getting a little help from your friends? Isn't that how the world works?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If I gave money to your neighbors to buy big guns and threaten you would you be ok with that? Would that not be stirring up trouble?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If I gave money to your neighbors to buy big guns and threaten you would you be ok with that? Would that not be stirring up trouble?

As if Iran isn’t getting help from other countries?

So are they all intimidated by little ol’ Israel now?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

actually the presence of the U.S.Dollar here and there has more than not stabilized the world.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This thread is about Syria and Egypt on the borders of Israel; Iran is nowhere close

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Isreal has kicked Egypts butt before sure they can do it agian

who ever said they need help?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

This thread is about Syria and Egypt on the borders of Israel; Iran is nowhere close

I misspoke...

So Syria and Egypt get no help from other countries? Are you saying that other countries don't stir the pot within Syrian and Egyptian borders?

Are these countries scared of Israel now (the tiny little speck of sand in the ME)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join