It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Junior Seau - Commited suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cops Investigating Shooting Involving NFL Star

Details still coming in.

Wow...really sad. Had a lot of fun watching this guy play back in the day

Rest in peace buddy.
edit on 5/2/2012 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Sad news. Wikipedia has been updated too. R.I.P.
en.wikipedia.org...
My condolences to those he left behind.

edit on 2/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Forgot source

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now that it's confirmed it was suicide. I wonder what role concussions played in it. Really sad, he was a great player in his day.
edit on 2-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, it was suicide

Link

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Class act and excellent football player. 43. :shk:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Didn't he try to kill himself before? I think I remember hearing about him driving his car off of a cliff some time ago.

Junior was a warrior, played balls to the wall every Sunday. He clearly loved the game.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Man, suicide is no joke.

1st round draft pick, Pro Bowl 12 times, 2 AFC Championships, and 19 years in the league. This guy accomplished what many dream of but will never taste.

Not only that, but he was a good guy in general.

Junior Seau Foundation.

To educate and empower young people through the support of child abuse prevention, drug and alcohol awareness, recreational opportunities, anti-juvenile delinquency efforts and complimentary educational programs.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Edit for content, wrong person.

edit on 2-5-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

He did drive off a cliff,but he claimed that he'd fallen asleep while driving.This is sad if it is suicide.He was one of my favorite all time player..RIP.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
reply to post by intrepid

Man, suicide is no joke.

I don't know how you got a joke out of my post. Shocking news about a good man and footballer.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No, just replied to you. Not saying you said or implied that. Was just shocked that he did it was all.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Word is he shot himself in the chest, like former Bears Safety Dave Duerson did, in order to preserve his brain for study in regards to repeated concussions.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
SO SAD!!!! My favorite player of all time. Been watching him since going to games as a kid when he played for the Trojans. I loved going to his restaurant. I had the priveledge of meeting him a few times, and even happened to be in the water and catch some waves with him. Never batted an eye when you asked him to sign memorabilia. Such a cool down to earth dude. Truly a crappy sad day for me. Feel horrible for his boys.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That is sad. I remember watching him in his Chargers days. One best in that position the league ever had. Reminds me of Romanowski in a way in regards to the talent.

He was a good man off the field too, did a lot for the kids.

R.I.P.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Committed Suicide?
I'll wait till the evidence is in to make further conclusions.

Things can turn out a lot different than we would initially expect.

Like what if he was going to start a crusade against the NFL leadership's corruption and reveal some hot potatoes and they had arguments and they just decided this was the best decision as it would save the NFL because as it is a business all it takes is a few negative movements against it and it's profitability can dry up.

And they could have just thought, hey this is one man and his crusade, and this is the NFL which creates millions of jobs. Those people depend on that for a living. And think of all those stadiums going without games for years? Shoot him.

It's not really out of the question.
I'd like to see some detailed information about the events surrounding the death.
I know that won't happen, so I will just keep vigilant and remind myself that anything is possible, it could have been a complete accident like he mistakenly shot himself, it happens.

You never really know when you were not there to see it.
Just saying, I don't trust the media or the corporations anymore at all, on even the most mundane story.

The media thrives on passing off opinions as facts, like they said it's infotainment it's not news anymore, there are no standards of journalism at all. It's about ratings not integrity, duh!

So for all I know Reuters or the AP killed him just to "create news". Who knows. This world is so screwed up sometimes you would be surprised.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Reminds me of Romanowski in a way in regards to the talent.

As a Niners fan I can say there was one thing Junior had that Bill didn't..... class.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I was thinking the same thing, wasn't it just last year when he "fell asleep" behind the wheel of his truck and ended up going off a cliff? I wonder if that was suicide attempt 1 and this time he ended up completing his mission. Concussions are nasty like that, they can change a persons whole personality.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
reply to post by chrismicha77

I was thinking the same thing, wasn't it just last year when he "fell asleep" behind the wheel of his truck and ended up going off a cliff? I wonder if that was suicide attempt 1 and this time he ended up completing his mission. Concussions are nasty like that, they can change a persons whole personality.

Or that first one was an accident and this one was intentional.
Or both were accidental.
Or the first was a failed hit, and this one was a success.
Or the first was an accident, but this was a hit.
Or the first was a failed hit, but this was suicide.
Or that the first was suicide attempt and this was a hit.
Or the first was a suicide attempt however this was an accident.

Including many other variations of possibility.

Due to the lack of pertinent data, all of these alternatives remain on the table.
I don't have the luxury of logically favoring one or the other because alas the media has become a complete joke and I have been burned way too many times over trivial misrepresentations to accept their claims at face value.
edit on 2-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

OK, we get it. Conspiracy theory. Maybe it was Reptilians. It'll come out in the end. Can we mourn Junior? Or is that too much to ask?

ETA: Check it:

That's the man he was.

edit on 2-5-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
One of my favorite linebackers of all time.
I shed a tear when I found out.

Hey, hopefully his restaurant in Mission Valley will stay as just one small, and tasty, part of his illustrious legacy.

RIP Junior Seau.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join