It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jiddu Krishnamurti asks; "Why don't you change? What prevents you?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I've never heard about 'General Semantics' before.

The Role Of Language In The Perpetual Processes
Silent and Verbal Levels

This is a pretty nice diagram. My meditative practices have helped me to understand this illustration.

Non-Aristotelianism:
While Aristotle wrote that a true definition gives the essence of the thing defined (in Greek to ti ĂȘn einai, literally "the what it was to be"), general semantics denies the existence of such an 'essence'. In this, general semantics purports to represent an evolution in human evaluative orientation. In general semantics, it always possible to give a description of empirical facts, but such descriptions remain just that - descriptions - which necessarily leave out many aspects of the objective, microscopic, and submicroscopic events they describe. According to general semantics, language, natural or otherwise (including the language called 'mathematics') can be used to describe the taste of an orange, but one cannot give the taste of the orange using language alone. According to general semantics, the content of all knowledge is structure, so that language( in general ) and science and mathematics (in particular) can provide people with a structural 'map' of empirical facts, but there can be no 'identity', but only structural similarity, between the language (map) and the empirical facts as lived through and observed by people as humans-in-environments (including doctrinal and linguistic environments).

I've been using the word "kgnow" to represent such a meaning. Kgnow: (Know + Gnosis): that which is self-evident through direct observation or experience, and can not be fully explained without corruption.

The 'Silent and Verbal Levels' diagram and the definition of Non-Aristotelianism are very pleasing to me. Thanks for the reference.

edit on 5/5/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by ottobot

When you "change the world", you are actually changing your world. By changing your world, making it better where you are, you also change the worlds of other people who come into contact with you and your sphere of change.

I like the way you said this. It puts this concept into a nice perspective.

"This is what it's like when worlds collide." - Powerman 5000

For some reason I thought of this song when I read your reply.

I create the world I want to see, inwardly and actively... I am at peace and accepting of the world others are creating... but my world effects other worlds when they collide.... so I should be mindful of how I would like those collisions to effect me and others... to cause less suffering and bring about more peace, if that is what I would like to see. How's this flow for you?

Makes perfect sense to me. Mindfulness is always a good thing.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What am I to do?

Whatever you will do.

What do I do?

Whatever you can do.

so what now?

Now is everything.

who is right. My mind? My Heart?

Your soul.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Nothing ever changes, it only grows.

On the contrary, in this reality, nothing ever stays the same. Everything is always changing into something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join