It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America. A country led by cowards.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer

This is an epic, epic failure on the part of America. It shows its true colours, yellow.

This Administrations failure. Lets get it right.

S&F

We have elected officials, and as citizens we always have options no matter how unlikely it is that you could convince the brainwashed to stand up for something, therefore you cannot just go through life skirting all responsibility when bad things happen.

If we decided, as a nation, not to go to work or pay taxes until this man and his family had political asylum in the US, guess how fast it would get done? Over-frickin'-night.

We're not willing to do that for this guy? Fine. But don't act like we couldn't make it happen if we wanted to collectively.
edit on 5/2/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

Im not acting in ANYWAY. Im stating a fact. The Administration failed him,as it has failed ALL of us. BTW,Congress has a 12% approval rating.Thats telling..............

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'd like to think that another administration would have done something different. But who knows.

This was almost a "given" with Clinton and Obama though.

Where is the outrage on the right?

Where are the shouts in the halls of congress?

Chen has made a plea to Hillary for himself and his whole family. Will she listen? Will America listen?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This Administration is too busy scoring "political points" with Osama,then actually doing whats right.

In a response to a reporter's question on Monday, U.S. President Barack Obama said he would not make a statement on the issue. He said he is aware of press reports on the situation and added that every time the United States meets with China, the issue of human rights comes up.

Obama Sidesteps Issue of Asylum for Chinese Dissident Chen

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

wow that strikes me as "way too political for me to tarnish my name" type of response... wtf Obama!!

the Chinese have been doing this for a loooong time so it stands as a reasonable defense, but with that comes the ease of a convenient excuse, i suspect we will never know the truth because "WE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH" right?

Nice catch beezzer, you are fast becoming my favorite ATSer
edit on 2-5-2012 by Biigs because: added thanks

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Alot of people are only angry about this because of who is president and them not sharing the same political affiliations. There really is not much America can do. The guy should have taken his family with him.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

What we turn a blind eye to,because of politics, is Hypocrisy,coming from our leaders and politicians.

That needs to end. Accountability.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thanks, I was wondering what the real story was here. So Chen did not want to leave China and he never wanted asylum.

So why are we even talking about this? It was his choice to stay. We can't send a squad of men with guns to protect him. The Chinese can't do it here, what makes you think it's ok for us to do it over there?

This is all the same partisan hack BS ATS has devolved into. Once the GOP get's back in office and denies people asylum it will be ok again. Although, I can't say anything was denied since the guy never wanted it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I'd like to think that another administration would have done something different. But who knows.

This was almost a "given" with Clinton and Obama though.

Where is the outrage on the right?

Where are the shouts in the halls of congress?

Chen has made a plea to Hillary for himself and his whole family. Will she listen? Will America listen?

Beezer, with all due respect and I do get where you're coming from...however, where in the heck do we draw the line? If we're not going to help all the political activist of every nation...we can't simply run in John Wayne style and save one family...what about all the other thousands of humanitarians across the globe?

This is crazy madness IMO!

What separates Chen from all the others....the MSM, plain and simple.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Since this has dwelved into partisan play, lets look at Obama's "rush to judgement".

Martin, would look like the son he never had.
The police acted badly, which led to the "beer summit".

Even Occupy has garnered comments from Obama.

Yet this he remains aloof?

More like scared.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by desert

Thanks, I was wondering what the real story was here. So Chen did not want to leave China and he never wanted asylum.

So why are we even talking about this? It was his choice to stay. We can't send a squad of men with guns to protect him. The Chinese can't do it here, what makes you think it's ok for us to do it over there?

This is all the same partisan hack BS ATS has devolved into. Once the GOP get's back in office and denies people asylum it will be ok again. Although, I can't say anything was denied since the guy never wanted it.

Current events.

He does want to leave China, he does want help for his family.
www.thedailybeast.com...

Activist Chen Guangcheng: Let Me Leave China on Hillary Clinton’s Plane

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Chen wanted Burger King, HIS way, right away.

The Chinese government DEMANDS an apology from the US because someone sought asylum.

They're all a bunch of lunatics, especially their government in demanding an apology.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed.
Seems like the great USA is losing the edge she was so admired for by her allies (and enemies alike).
What ever happened to the idea of a beacon of light and hope to the free world?
I don't want to imagine a fascist like Hitler rising up in a country whithout oil nowadays.

*no US bashing here. I used to admire the USA for what it once stood for... but you've changed America.
edit on 3-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

I wouldn't want to place odds on if Obama apologises.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by beezzer

Agreed. Seems like the great USA is losing the edge she was so admired for by her allies (and enemies alike).
What ever happened to the idea of a beacon of light and hope to the free world?
I don't want to imagine a fascist like Hitler rising up in a country whithout oil nowadays.

We were a beacon of light.

Now we're just another country.

Obama, the great equalizer.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by rtyfx

Its a non-issue for him.......

As he polishes his "peace" prize.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do not see what your issue is here. It is obvious that this man was threatened with the death of a family member. It is also obvious that he made the choice to return to avoid this from happening. The statement coming out of the U.S. side only helps this man as if the U.S. position was to broadcast the facts...the Chinese Government would only take it out on this man and his family.

In his shoes...I would do the same...or in reality...I would not put a family members life in jepardy to serve my own desires. This threat by the Chinese is real. They have done this many times before. If the man wished to stay he could have...he did the right thing.

Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by rtyfx

Its a non-issue for him.......

As he polishes his "peace" prize.

You did mean "Appeasement Prize", right?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

And America could have pressured China to back off of the family.

But that would take courage. Principles. Guts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

In his shoes...I would do the same...or in reality...I would not put a family members life in jepardy to serve my own desires. This threat by the Chinese is real. They have done this many times before. If the man wished to stay he could have...he did the right thing.

Split Infinity

"I would like to bring to the Chinese Government,an olive branch,in securing one of your countrymen,who has made an effort to willfully take up residence in America. To broker a kind act, not in sympathy for his message,but in sympathy for his willingness to rise above both our country's human rights issues. Let this be a day of mutual understanding,and mutual willingness to broker an agreement,to let him and his family,make a life that he so willingly wants and deserves. This would be a decision,that can make country after country,change its human rights,into positive ones. We will work together,as equals to bring a world,where our country's cannot only live in peace,but can attain true freedom,beyond borders,or ideology's." Barack Obama

See,that wasn't hard?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah...thats great and all good if the Chinese Government cared.
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join