It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six army battalions called up under emergency orders to meet growing threat on Egypt, Syria borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Times of Israel

The IDF has issued emergency call up orders to six reserve battalions in light of new dangers on the Egyptian and Syrian borders. And the Knesset has given the IDF permission to summon a further 16 reserve battalions if necessary, Israeli media reported on Wednesday.

Maariv said the army had to decide whether to cancel training sessions for enlisted soldiers or to summon additional reserve units, and it chose the latter; canceling training would mean soldiers would not be prepared in the case of an all-out war.

Purportedly, this action is in response to growing concern along the Egyptian and Syrian borders. Given the option of postponing training or calling up reserve unit, Israel opted for the latter.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Good.

I read last week, somewhere, that they gave the US until May 24th to resolve any issues with Iran.

Time is ticking.....

Good Luck~!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's interesting. 6 battalions would be about 3,600 men total+ depending on battalion type. Plus the active guys are still training up while the reservists are prepared to defend the borders. Interesting.

Where did you hear about this may 24th deadline on Iran?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
16 battalions of IDF troops with calling the reserves
US F-22 Stealth Raptors never used before in Irak or Afghanistan now they
they have about 30 on the Iran border in the SOH

The final pieces are coming together for the biggest war of all time

Review Bibis comment for hint

But one thing is clear: Israel won’t wait beyond 2012 or until after the US presidential election in November.

An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months

Netanyahu DECLARE WAR

and then Obama told him to STHU that he will ruin the surprise attack
Netanyahu was declaring the inevitable war with Iran to the entire world
that he will attack in this particular time frame

Report: Netanyahu To Delay Iran Attack Until Next Year

So aften a discussion with Obama .. he only agreed to delay a little bit more
by having the new bunker busters that is the key for the attack
and the fuel ressuply planes

edit on 5/2/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Sorry, May 23rd:

Here you go: (I don't think this was the exact source but the info is the same)

www.infiniteunknown.net...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I forgot about the F22s deploying to the region.

Anyone know if we still have 2 carriers in or near by. We could by the end of the month for sure.

Anyone know if they still are having that Air Defense Exercise in Isreal that was talked about awhile back.

2 or 3 US Carriers in the area
F22s in the area,
US Air Defense Forces in Isreal
Isreali Reserves calling up....

Any of these by themselves mean nothing. The more events happening seems like someone wants to be ready for something....

Have pizza deliveries to the Pentagon picked up????

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
time to buy options on oil....sounds like a sure bet to me. the only problem is that i have to garage my gas guzzler 350Z for a while...let's see 6 bucks a gal or 7 bucks a gal...time to haul out our 2 bicycles and oil up the chain and check the tire pressure, at least i'll be gettting more exercise

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

interesting a video game predicts a middle east war with Iran and plus $20 gas watch the beginning of the game trailer to see the Iran War

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm about sick of hearing about this b.s. war. If Netanyahu and Obama want this so bad, lets put M-16's in their hands and let those 2 go win the war by themselves. I am past the point of even caring. We have no control anyway.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I'm about sick of hearing about this b.s. war. If Netanyahu and Obama want this so bad, lets put M-16's in their hands and let those 2 go win the war by themselves. I am past the point of even caring. We have no control anyway.

Sadly, I think that was very much the point in looking back over the last 6-12 months. We've been buried...the whole world...with major story after story of war, invasion, natural calamity with more promised to come..etc etc.

Now that it looks like the real world movements are taking place to bring immediate reality to things, we're all too burned out to much care. You aren't alone, I feel about the same myself and have to put an effort into pushing it back. This appears to be the last stretch by the pieces moving around the board right now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Obama didn't start the war in Iraq or was he the guy who Started Enduring Freedom in 2001. Actually I think he's worked hard to avoid an escalation. How many US Troops died this year in Eygpt? Lybia? Syria?

People act like Obama is ready to push the big red button. Look at the big picture, he's been playing chess for the past three years. Except he hasn't been sacrificing any pawns. If Bush was still president we'd be non the better and he would of invaded Iran via Iraq.

He's not perfect, he's not Ron Paul, he's not Bill or Ronald. But he sure in the hell isn't the Anti-Christ either.

Israel will do what they want to. If they can't get a puppet to do it for them.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Last I heard on the border of Israel and Syria are the Syrian border guards had run out of food and supplies due to the supply route been cut off (due to Assad putting more emphasis on his military in Homs) and soldiers among the IDF were throwing over food packages to them.

As for the Sinai......20 dead in latest Egyptian demonstrations; foot and mouth disease orginated from Egypt now hit Gazan cattle......Israel in urgent meetings with Egyptian officials to supply Israel with natural gas for 5 months until Israel's natural gas fields are up and running......

www.timesofisrael.com...

There's more going on than meets the eye!

new topics

top topics

join