It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's military censor to monitor Facebook, Twitter, blogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The system will be able to monitor information that was previously difficult to reach. "I think that you can't try to catch everything," she said, "because that will make the censor lose its relevance, and furthermore – its morality." Vaknin-Gil added that "as the chief censor, I have no intention of going into people's personal diaries, and it important for me to note that we do not 'sit' on private Facebook accounts." Referring to recent incidents of censored information being published on social networks and blogs – notably by Jewish-American blogger Richard Silverstein - Vaknin-Gil said that "the censor is perceived as a body trying to control the Internet, to no avail. This is mistake – we try to operate within the Internet only in terms of elements related to us."

www.haaretz.com

I understand the need to monitor social networks because there are a lot of psychos out there that wish to do harm. I don't know if it's even possible to accomplish without violating everyone’s personal privacy.

3 questions

Since social networks are world wide, isn’t it the same as spying on the whole world?
How do we know what is related to them only?
And how do we know if' it's abused by someone for some kind of personal agenda?
edit on 2-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Since social networks are world wide, isn’t it the same as spying on the whole world?

Yes, that is exactly what it is, and if it were another state or entity, it would be a big, BIG deal.

How do we know what is related to them only?

We already know it isn't related to them only, I've experienced this first hand on facebook, and my account is private, and doesn't generate a lot of likes or anything off the sort, yet I've had content removed.

That's exactly what this is. Go to facebook try to create an account related to Palestine or Palestinians. It will be removed, without notice, instantly. Now, if you will, do the same thing except make that group or account about Israeli Settlers in the west bank. It will not be removed. Now post some of the most racist crap you can possibly imagine, including actually calling on people to murder arab children (saw this myself). Still not removed right? Now have all of your friends start filing complaints with facebook over that group.

It will still be there.

What this amounts to is Israel making it official that they will attempt to monitor and censor ALL communications on social networks. Anything critical of Israel, it's government, it's policies, or it's military, will be removed.

And guess what? You'll have a bunch of mindless zombies, some of whom will be posting in here shortly, applauding it and lamenting it took this long.

You know, i seem to recall another government extremely involved with their "portrayal" in the media, going to so far as to have government agents monitoring communication, and rounding up those being openly critical of the government.

But hey, that was the 30s, that certainly couldn't happen now could it?

Since we're at ATS, lets take this down the rabbit hole.

FEMA camps. Continuity of government. Israel tagging users on social networks as "discontents".

Kinda looks ugly to me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by maxella1

Since we're at ATS, lets take this down the rabbit hole.
FEMA camps. Continuity of government. Israel tagging users on social networks as "discontents".
Kinda looks ugly to me.

We here are prolly all already "on the list" (if you tend to believe the Zionist-theory thing). But thanks to the friends I see on FB, the rest of the whole world is not far behind. Still here? Wanna talk about it? Well THAT take faith in your own efforts (as in my faith in this post) to be representing TRUTH rather than hate or shill'in.

So back to the thread-topic, IMHO this sort of behavior is exactly what led to the Nazi anti-Semitism of Germany... And it fuels the fire of the rising popular speculation that Mossad (Israel's CIA) / Zionists (Thalmud'ists portion of Jewish faith) did 911, the "Inside Job".

A certain FB friend that got kicked off of drudge sees the Thalmud aspects of Judiasim as THE PROBLEM. So did Martin Luther (4:40 in this video): Talmudic Judaism -- Dr. William Pierce (with the download re-upload thing going on - because it keeps getting flagged for removal).

new topics

join